Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

And if transfer portal eligibility rules are a restriction and it becomes unrestricted free agency yearly, can the NFL and MLB etc be far behind? Why should they wait 4 yrs to be free to negiotiate?
That’s where contracts and the CBA muddy things up. The Union, ya know…

Reactions: knoxvol52
Chuckie, anxiously waiting on your next avatar, the current one still weirds me out whenever I see it….😉
That was a Christmas lawn dressing. Changed it for Christmas and thought it was nice. You not a fan of Grogu? Baby Yoda? I understand. Doesn’t quite fit my persona as Uncle Duke…. 🤣

Reactions: knoxvol52 and glv98
She would have been mortified to have stood up without her wig. Of COURSE making sure that didn't happen was more important than the game in that moment. It was the kind and decent thing to do to allow her to get herself together, and every woman huddling around her to give her that private moment to handle that situation is amazing for coming through for her. 🥰
Amen!

Oh if only! Afraid RJ is not on that list,

Most likely to stay IMO are Bueckers (who's all but said it), Reese (who needs another year to be draft ready), and HVL (see Angel, but even w another yr I don't think her chances are good) Slightly less chance of staying but still probable for me is Edwards, who might want to play with an uninjured team for once. Also good chance to stay is Pao Pao and Amoor.

I think Clark goes having broken all the records and having the chance to play down the street in Indiana. Also I think Brink and Kamilla go. Brink reportedly wants to play in LA and they have 3 first round picks they got thru trades this year. Don't know why I think Kamilla will I just think she's ready. Espec if SC wins a natty this yr.
I think the Sparks should take Rickea instead of Brink, I think she’s a better player and will be a better pro in my opinion. I just don’t like her game at the next level, but that’s just me.

Reactions: glv98
At halftime Studio analyst was giving out awards in SEC this season so far.

Best Newcomer was PaoPao

Best player went to Raven Johnson

Nikki McCray a VFL was one of the analyst, in before conspiracy theory is posted😜

Okay, for hot one minute can we say Joni Mitchell last night on the Grammys! I am still a little weepy. Both Sides Now indeed.
As usual I'm against the flow on this one, but it just made me really sad. I was forced into Joni fandom by my girl at the time, but came to love the early stuff like Ladies of the Canyon and esp the Blue album. But hearing that beautiful clear, high voice sound like that just felt hollow and sad to me. I feel that way about all Grandpa rock, I'd rather go back and listen to the original.
I think the Sparks should take Rickea instead of Brink, I think she’s a better player and will be a better pro in my opinion. I just don’t like her game at the next level, but that’s just me.
Heard a draft analysis yesterday that predicted that's likely to happen since the Sparks have traded for 3 first round draft picks. The Sparks have pretty much hollowed out to build for the future; it would be a tough first few years on that team. I kind of hope RJ goes to either the Mystics or Chicago. In Chicago, she'd be very near her Mom and also have the newly-signed Diamond De who is her friend

As usual I'm against the flow on this one, but it just made me really sad. I was forced into Joni fandom by my girl at the time, but came to love the early stuff like Ladies of the Canyon and esp the Blue album. But hearing that beautiful clear, high voice sound like that just felt hollow and sad to me. I feel that way about all Grandpa rock, I'd rather go back and listen to the original.

Heard a draft analysis yesterday that predicted that's likely to happen since the Sparks have traded for 3 first round draft picks. The Sparks have pretty much hollowed out to build for the future; it would be a tough first few years on that team. I kind of hope RJ goes to either the Mystics or Chicago. In Chicago, she'd be very near her Mom and also have the newly-signed Diamond De who is her friend
A reminder:

Barker went down and Nye stepped up. Bama by 6, has outscored Vandy 19-7 in the 4th qtr. Not a good look for aspiring COY Shea Ralph at home.

I agree not a good look for Shea, The problem i have with her is when her team is playing like crap. She is on one knee clapping to try and get her team to play better. How about call a timeout a rip them or the player.

Reactions: VolBall09

I think the Sparks are a good choice, they can get Beuckers at 2 and Rickea at 4 and they also have the 12th pick. I think that’s a good start.

Reactions: glv98

We passed Vandy and A&M currently in a bunch of SEC teams all bundled in the last eight in.
Moving up slowly, though I still believe it will be difficult for this team to make Sweet 16 if they do not host first weekend..

If the NCAA tournament started with this bracket , Colorado is a very difficult task especially in that altitude in Colorado.

I just read a NV post this morning bragging about a SEC analyst OPINION for their mid-season awards. Everyone has an opinion.

That same NV was quiet when another SEC analyst picked Jewel Spear and Rickea Jackson as part of their starting 5 for the week.

That same analyst also picked the Lady Vols as the 3rd seed in the SEC.

As usual seems to me this is just another NV in their feelings.. don’t worry there’s about to be some more noise that’s going to have the NVs going out sad lol.

I just read a NV post this morning bragging about a SEC analyst OPINION for their mid-season awards. Everyone has an opinion.

That same NV was quiet when another SEC analyst picked Jewel Spear and Rickea Jackson as part of their starting 5 for the week.

That same analyst also picked the Lady Vols as the 3rd seed in the SEC.

As usual seems to me this is just another NV in their feelings.. don’t worry there’s about to be some more noise that’s going to have the NVs going out sad lol.

Take it to the Lady Vol thread. Thanks.

Reactions: 1reVOLver

Well it was bittersweet. The voice had changed, the body had changed but the song felt so authentic now because at 80 and in not great health she truly has seen life from “both sides”. To me there was a completeness.

VN Store

Back