Not even a glimpse of Dobbs or Ferguson

If Worley is better than everybody else then we better sign a QB in this class.

Do you think Worley is better than everybody else on the roster? I don't think I said that he is. I imagine both of the freshman have more talent and upside than Worley, but to this point I assume they aren't ready. Again, all I've intended to suggest is there are a lot of things to consider when contemplating playing time for one or both of these freshman. I watched the same game you did and see the same issues and recurring problems which are more than isolated incidents at this point. But I think on 9/7/13, he's likely still our best option heading to Oregon.

Are you saying you would have played a freshman today or would do so against Oregon? I guess I'm not sure what you're suggesting.

How many years of eligibility would a player have if they decide to transfer if they get a redshirt their freshman year?

Do you think Worley is better than everybody else on the roster? I don't think I said that. I imagine both of the freshman have more talent and upside than Worley, but to this point I assume they aren't ready. Again, all I've intended to suggest is there are a lot of things to consider when contemplating playing time for one or both of these freshman. I watched the same game you did and see the same issues and recurring problems which are more than isolated incidents at this point. But I think on 9/7/13, he's probably still our best option heading to Oregon.

Are you saying you would have played a freshman today or would do so against Oregon? I guess I'm not sure what you're suggesting.

I think '04 still sticks out in most our minds.

Two skinny Freshman lit up Neyland like a Christmas tree on a muggy September night.

Who's to say it can't happen again?

As I have said before CBJ knows what he is doin... Someday you guys will see the light.

I don't doubt that he knows what he's doing.

I also know many coaches who 'know what they're doing' that made the wrong decision at QB at the start of the season.

Countless times.

Fulmer in his prime started Suggs and Matthews over Clausen. The list goes on and on.

I think '04 still sticks out in most our minds.

Two skinny Freshman lit up Neyland like a Christmas tree on a muggy September night.

Who's to say it can't happen again?

It can absolutely can happen again and it could this year. Maybe one of the freshman gets a shot and cements the job while winning some big games down the stretch. It could happen.

Again, ALL I'M SAYING IS I THINK IT WILL BE A CALCULATED DECISION BY BUTCH JONES WHEN OR IF HE DECIDES TO PLAY A FRESHMAN. :lol: I just don't think he was ready to make any decisions on it today.

Read my post again:
My point was the decision to play another quarterback is a little more complicated than let's throw one out and see what he can do, just for kicks.

Reactions: 1 person

I also know many coaches who 'know what they're doing' that made the wrong decision at QB at the start of the season.

Countless times.

Fulmer in his prime started Suggs and Matthews over Clausen. The list goes on and on.

Clausen was hurt...Was on track to be the starter by was nicked up in practice...

It can absolutely can happen again and it could this year. Maybe one of the freshman gets a shot and cements the job while winning some big games down the stretch. It could happen.

Again, ALL I'M SAYING IS I THINK IT WILL BE A CALCULATED DECISION BY BUTCH JONES WHEN OR IF HE DECIDES TO PLAY A FRESHMAN. :lol: I just don't think he was ready to make any decisions on it today.

Ready my post:

I can deal with that.

However, I think this is an 8 or 9 win team. I just hope bad QB play from Worley doesn't lead to another disaster.

We soon shall see.

Countless times.

Wasn't Clausen hurt?

Colquitt should have been the man that year, then manning could have been redshirted and martin red****ed and ...............

I was at that game in Pasadena when he was injured. I was crushed for Jerry. He had waited his turn and finally had the opportunity to be the guy. It was sickening.

Reactions: 2 people
I was at that game in Pasadena when he was injured. I was crushed for Jerry. He had waited his turn and finally had the opportunity to be the guy. It was sickening.
I wasn't at the game but I really had HUGE expectations for jerry one of my worst days as a vol fan for sure

I always wondered how good Brandon Stewart could have been here.

VN Store

Back