Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

He's a big boy. He'll be 100x better than Fulmer.
tenor.gif

I recall when Saban was hired at Alabama and they offered some insane amount at the time, like $4.5M/year and he sucked his first year and they got beat by some Louisiana directional school the first year. Since then they have become a juggernaut and even if they paid Saban $20M a year they would be far ahead of the curve.

His Dad is an AD. His brother coaches Florida men's hoops. His other brother is an AD. His sister is an assistant AD. At least one of those somebodies is getting by on the family name, and with our luck, it's the guy we hired.

Shhhh...he is our SAVIOR evidently.

Reactions: AM64
His Dad is an AD. His brother coaches Florida men's hoops. His other brother is an AD. His sister is an assistant AD. At least one of those somebodies is getting by on the family name, and with our luck, it's the guy we hired.
I tend to be more optimistic. He seems to have had an excellent track record at UCF.

On the surface, this seems like a really solid hire and a major step in the right direction. We'll have to wait and see though.

Shhhh...he is our SAVIOR evidently.
No ones claimed he's a savior. You are being disingenuous at best. He's a solid hire. Especially for a program staring at a NCAA problem, a football program that has sucked for almost 20 years, and revolving door leadership at the top. You are crazy to be in any way less then positive about this. And on top of that it looks like we are executing a plan for the first time in forever.

Reactions: Matt2496
Good. I will be happy to fly him to Oxford as soon as he's ready to go. I'll even help load his bags (of money).

Reactions: Y9 Vol
No ones claimed he's a savior. You are being disingenuous at best. He's a solid hire. Especially for a program staring at a NCAA problem, a football program that has sucked for almost 20 years, and revolving door leadership at the top. You are crazy to be in any way less then positive about this. And on top of that it looks like we are executing a plan for the first time in forever.

tenor.gif

They are all inexperienced though. I recall being a young engineer and one of the more senior engineers from another department going to my boss and overhearing that he needed to talk to one of his lieutenants. My company used to be like the military in structure and I didn't realize it at the time.

My question is, does he have a CDL or do we also need a driver for the Brinks truck he will need to hire that new coach?

Actually one of the best if not the best officer I saw in the Army was a LT. He commanded our training company at Redstone ('67-68); we absolutely hated the guy when he took over, but once you realized his results and that his word was a two way thing - something he would buck those up the chain to keep - a very interesting concept in the military (he even came from a military family). Hard to say how he did later or how he would have handled combat or other more difficult positions; I tend to think he would have done well at those too.

Actually one of the best if not the best officer I saw in the Army was a LT. He commanded our training company at Redstone ('67-68); we absolutely hated the guy when he took over, but once you realized his results and that his word was a two way thing - something he would buck those up the chain to keep - a very interesting concept in the military (he even came from a military family). Hard to say how he did later or how he would have handled combat or other more difficult positions; I tend to think he would have done well at those too.

Worst LT I ever had as a PL was a West Point grad that thought he was the gods gift to the Army and women. I was the platoon commo chief for a while with him and he expected me to carry all the commo gear because his personal hygiene gear took up too much space. Once out in the field he insisted on setting up our hide site in this big draw, I told him it was going to rain that night but he knew all so we set up. About midnight it came a gully washer and washed all his **** down the hill, he had the gall to tell me to go get it.

Worst LT I ever had as a PL was a West Point grad that thought he was the gods gift to the Army and women. I was the platoon commo chief for a while with him and he expected me to carry all the commo gear because his personal hygiene gear took up too much space. Once out in the field he insisted on setting up our hide site in this big draw, I told him it was going to rain that night but he knew all so we set up. About midnight it came a gully washer and washed all his **** down the hill, he had the gall to tell me to go get it.
This is why I couldnt do the military. I would have laughed in his face.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back