Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

When I was a young Ensign and I was given my first branch officer job in maintenance, I went straight to the Chief and gave him the only order I ever gave. "Tell me if I am in the way, and teach me what I need to know".
My dad was an E-8 and at the end of his career he was in maintenance wings in SAC. Used to piss him off when he’d just get a LT trained how he liked him he’d get Captain’s bars and move on to his next billet. Rinse / repeat as is the military way.

He always said if the wing commander was pissed and needed the real status on a down bomber he skipped the maintenance officer and went straight to the E-8 on duty to find out when the damned thing would be fixed.

Any parents in here have kids in Arena Cross?

If so, can you tell your other parent counterparts they don't need to be a-holes?

Thanks

Danny White is sounding like a good choice. I especially like a couple of things he's said. First getting input from the team - not asking who but getting the direction. It's important to consider the people most affected by change, and almost nobody ever does that, so often a new guy starts out needless facing animosity.

“I’ll want to meet with six, seven, eight, nine of them and give them a little bit of time and give the rest of the team some time, after they’ve voted on their team representatives and give them time to download everything they’re thinking. I’ll ask that group to share with me, represent to me what the thoughts are, what’s the tenor of the roster, what they think they need in terms of attributes.

Second (only because it comes chronologically second), it sounds like he's using his connections and knowledge to make choices rather than having outsiders in a search firm find a coach or candidates for him. This was pretty much the make or break part for me ... either you know what you are doing or you don't.

“I’m going to do a lot of homework,” White said. “I’ve spent a lot of time researching and calling on, I’m fortunate to have a pretty significant network in intercollegiate athletics, and I realize it’s probably because of the way I grew up, but I can get a candid opinion about folks and really understand who they are from a character standpoint.

“I don’t want to even be interviewing someone if I have questions about that and make sure the person that we’re bringing in to run our program’s going to do it the right way, is going to do right by these kids and is going to have an aggressive vision to get us highly, highly competitive. I don’t know that I can offer any more detail than that, because it’s a pretty fluid situation.”

Reactions: McDad
I was in Fulton County Stadium for #715. What a glorious night.

Sorry to dox u bro

hank-aaron-715.jpg

Does anybody know Salter's status with the football team? I thought I read he was coming over with his parents to enroll, but there's nothing lately about him that I've seen. I haven't seen a list of the recruits who enrolled early and are attending UT.

Has anyone ever had a seller on Amazon desperate to get you to change a rating or review? I bought a pack of 3 masks off Amazon late last summer and once they arrived, found the fit wasn't as large as they had described. Mainly, you couldn't speak without it slipping off your chin or nose. Perfect sized for kids probably, just not adult sized as claimed.

Or adults with really tiny heads like Huff. Anyway...

Since then, I literally have gotten two emails asking me to change my rating. "Went with another manufacturer" and "we now have better quality control" and "small business that depends on customers" so on and so forth. Even offered me a $50 Amazon card with a letter via snail mail and a full refund for my troubles. It's not like I was mean in my rating other than to say "perfect sized for a 10 year old" and left them with a one star rating. They've since labeled what I purchased as "children's sized" and listed a larger version in the article.

Anyone ever heard of a business doing this and trying to get a rating changed?

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Has anyone ever had a seller on Amazon desperate to get you to change a rating or review? I bought a pack of 3 masks off Amazon late last summer and once they arrived, found the fit wasn't as large as they had described. Mainly, you couldn't speak without it slipping off your chin or nose. Perfect sized for kids probably, just not adult sized as claimed.

Since then, I literally have gotten two emails asking me to change my rating. "Went with another manufacturer" and "we now have better quality control" and "small business that depends on customers" so on and so forth. Even offered me a $50 Amazon card with a letter via snail mail and a full refund for my troubles. It's not like I was mean in my rating other than to say "perfect sized for a 10 year old" and left them with a one star rating. They've since labeled what I purchased as "children's sized" and listed a larger version in the article.

Oh yeah. Especially if a smaller business. A bad review can torpedo business.

Oh yeah. Especially if a smaller business. A bad review can torpedo business.

Yeah, I get that, but at the same time, I'm all about Caveat Emptor for other customers and letting it stand.

Call me a small business killing a-hole, but I'm a bit torn on pulling the review. If they did change the product and specifically the labeling, that's good. But still, it's not helpful for sods like myself that bought it thinking it was something it wasn't.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Yeah, I get that, but at the same time, I'm all about Caveat Emptor for other customers and letting it stand.

Call me a small business killing a-hole, but I'm a bit torn on pulling the review. If they did change the product and specifically the labeling, that's good. But still, it's not helpful for sods like myself that bought it thinking it was something it wasn't.
Just do a second review. Idk if you can comment directly to the first, but talk about how their customer service came thru after they messed up.

You leave the original up, so people can see it, and then people also see the good. Should make everyone happy.

Unless you are just being a grump

No but unless I have just a terrible experience or a great one, I don't do reviews.

Reactions: AM64
Does anybody know Salter's status with the football team? I thought I read he was coming over with his parents to enroll, but there's nothing lately about him that I've seen. I haven't seen a list of the recruits who enrolled early and are attending UT.

The last I heard anything about him was he was coming to Tennessee regardless of what happens w/Pruitt.

Reactions: AM64

I just had it on a pair of earbuds I left a 3 star review on. They emailed me about a sending a replacement pair or $40 GC if I would change my review. I took the gift card but haven't updated my review yet. There's several other reviews on the product mentioning the same thing. From what I can tell they're all Chinese outfits and this is standard practice for them.

Anyone been following the FF coaching search stuff want to give an update?

Seems like there is a lot of kerfuffle going on over there today.

VN Store

Back