Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

And maybe he's just holding out for a better job. I'm not surprised that he turned us down, I just don't see Tennessee as a lateral move, especially if he is a program builder.

Right now it's a lateral move, but just barely. Again, why walk away from a team he's been given a lot of leeway to build and making his progress in a conference that's easier to win in and take over our dumpster fire?

Had Pruitt actually been able to get us to 8-10 wins and was lured away by an NFL team or something, this would be a far more attractive job. Just not right now.

Reactions: AM64
One of the first things CJH needs to do is take his ass to California and get Henry T to withdraw from the transfer portal.

If such a thing is possible?

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
Nope, no bowl ban and no loss of scholarships. By jumping on it, firing the HC and "retiring" the AD UT will not get hit with lack of institutional control which would bring scholly losses and bowl bans.
I hope you are correct. We sure as hell nuked the situation.

One of the first things CJH needs to do is take his ass to California and get Henry T to withdraw from the transfer portal.

If such a thing is possible?

I can't see that happening; UCF was 123 (of 127) in total defense. TN with an exceptionally bad year and stiffer competition was 65. Unless this guy sees the light in record time, any pretense of defense here is dead meat; and no good defensive player would want to be a part of that. Why would Henry T or any other NFL defensive prospect spend extensive time on the field beat and battered when the game is all quick scoring offense.

I hope you are correct. We sure as hell nuked the situation.

I'd sure like to know what the violations were - I don't believe the bags of money. Maybe we find out how Niedermeyer was such a hot recruiter. Interesting he had just been at GA and Bama while they were pulling in 5 star recruits. If he isn't deep in the recruiting violations as a rogue player, then we're probably screwed with it being more a lack of institutional control.

I'd sure like to know what the violations were - I don't believe the bags of money. Maybe we find out how Niedermeyer was such a hot recruiter. Interesting he had just been at GA and Bama while they were pulling in 5 star recruits. If he isn't deep in the recruiting violations as a rogue player, then we're probably screwed with it being more a lack of institutional control.

I've more or less had the same thought since this all went down.

If we were allegedly paying Mims, I wonder how much UGA actually did pay him to go there.

And is the NCAA looking into that?

I can't see that happening; UCF was 123 (of 127) in total defense. TN with an exceptionally bad year and stiffer competition was 65. Unless this guy sees the light in record time, any pretense of defense here is dead meat; and no good defensive player would want to be a part of that. Why would Henry T or any other NFL defensive prospect spend extensive time on the field beat and battered when the game is all quick scoring offense.

Why go to Alabama where he may or may not be the top dog or stay at Tennessee where he will be the top dog?

Plus, it's Bama. **** 'em.

I've more or less had the same thought since this all went down.

If we were allegedly paying Mims, I wonder how much UGA actually did pay him to go there.

And is the NCAA looking into that?

Reports said Mims' HS coach was actually trolling online (using Mims' account), and said something about the destination being dependent on what the fan base was willing to pay. If true, it's hard to see how GA doesn't have plenty to be worried about. It's gonna be fun to see if they go the route TN did or try to bluff it out. I also tend to think what made Niedermeyer a hot recruiter didn't change when he came to TN.

Why go to Alabama where he may or may not be the top dog or stay at Tennessee where he will be the top dog?

Plus, it's Bama. **** 'em.

Henry's got a lot of talent and potential, but how it gets used will depend a lot on coaching. Let's hope our new guy finds a good SEC DC, lets him hire the assistants, and lets him run the defense. If he micromanages like Butch, we're screwed.

One thing I do chuckle at right now...

Remember when some of our fans were straight freaking out thinking "but what if Saban retires and they come after Pruitt?!?!?!?!?!"

'Bout that lol

Reactions: RavinDave and AM64

VN Store

Back