Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

The only thing "bad" about this game is suffering through Dick Vitale talking in this 2nd Half. Yak Yak Yak Yak.
Talk about all the great coaches that have come & gone ......talk about anything other than this game.

Reactions: LouderVol and hog88
Tn player blocked a shot a moment ago under the basket as a Kansas player was trying to make it go. The ball was deflected & headed out of bounds. But that TN player saved it before it went out of bounds & threw it back in to a TN player in mid-air and not one word about what a great play that was for TN. That's what I'm talking about. Dick needs to call this TN game as it is happening ....

TN wins BIG TIME today against Kansas. 80-61. They move to 11-3 for the season.
Next TN game is this Tuesday when we play @ Ole Miss. That game will be on Espn2 which starts at 6 pm CT.
Then we play @ Kentucky on Saturday 2/6. That game will be 7 pm CT on Espn.

46ecd6a9dff627e9-jpg.84539

OU is a lot better team than they are ranked. Yeah, they've dropped a couple of games just like the Vols, but beating three top 10 teams this season does tend to say the rankings are pretty crap this season.
That’s right. Kansas didn’t play like a ranked team. Vols looked pretty good though, I hope they can build on that.

That’s right. Kansas didn’t play like a ranked team. Vols looked pretty good though, I hope they can build on that.

I've never seen a more hot and cold team than the Vols. That's about my only gripe with Barnes is the consistency level of his teams hasn't been great. Of course, this year consistency in any team has been hard to achieve, but overall, I feel like it's something he can work on.

But I do like this Vols team.

Reactions: RavinDave
Kaidon Salter's dad contracted covid apparently during the move to UT. According to the news the father is in the ICU in Knoxville and the family is living in a hotel. Fans have set up a Go Fund Me site for the family which is the right thing to do ... except for the NCAA perhaps. Anybody know what the rules are about this kind of thing? Is this a correct humanitarian gesture and a major NCAA violation all rolled into one?

Kaidon Salter's dad contracted covid apparently during the move to UT. According to the news the father is in the ICU in Knoxville and the family is living in a hotel. Fans have set up a Go Fund Me site for the family which is the right thing to do ... except for the NCAA perhaps. Anybody know what the rules are about this kind of thing? Is this a correct humanitarian gesture and a major NCAA violation all rolled into one?

NCAA should consider the situation and look the other way out of compassion for a player's relative during this pandemic. IF they do something stupid and slap or find some kind violation on UT for this ....... that really would show just how moronic & juvenile of a BS organization it is ....... JMO.

Reactions: AM64
As I'm in the process of removing the interior for a makeover, I come across this. Apparently someone hacked up the body because dropping the tank would have been too complicated. I'm amazed they didn't catch the car and themselves on fire.

They also believe that duct tape and silicone was the appropriate solution for repairs. SMH

Did I mention this car was purchased from a Kentucky native?
20210131_173749.jpg
20210131_173953.jpg
20210131_190403.jpg

As I'm in the process of removing the interior for a makeover, I come across this. Apparently someone hacked up the body because dropping the tank would have been too complicated. I'm amazed they didn't catch the car and themselves on fire.

They also believe that duct tape and silicone was the appropriate solution for repairs. SMH

View attachment 347388
View attachment 347392
View attachment 347393

OK, that piece of metal - the one that looked like a lawnmower blade at first, but close up looks more like a file; what part did it play in the massacre, or was it just a victim that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time? You know that name once used for impromptu repairs and upgrades that has been removed from history? I have to say this piece of craftmanship doesn't even come close to that level of incompetence ... this one is in it's own universe. I know what the backside of trunk insulation looks like, but I gotta tell you this looks like it was the scene of poodle mayhem where betting was involved.

View attachment 347388
View attachment 347392
View attachment 347393
That redneckery looks bad. Is bad. But look at it another way, the silicone and duct tape held. Everything was still together when you discovered it. In that way, the redneckery did exactly what it was intended to do.

Nice project, btw. I am impressed there appears to be absolutely no rust.

VN Store

Back