Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

OK, that piece of metal - the one that looked like a lawnmower blade at first, but close up looks more like a file; what part did it play in the massacre, or was it just a victim that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time? You know that name once used for impromptu repairs and upgrades that has been removed from history? I have to say this piece of craftmanship doesn't even come close to that level of incompetence ... this one is in it's own universe. I know what the backside of trunk insulation looks like, but I gotta tell you this looks like it was the scene of poodle mayhem where betting was involved.

You're right. It's the remains of a file that the previous shadetree stuck in between the cut body panel and the tank to act as a buffer. In addition, he wrapped the file with the remains of a t-shirt to insulate the two sections. Instead of tack welding the cut panel back in, they used silicone. 🙄

At this point, I'll bring the mig home from work and get started on fabrication and repairs once the tank is dropped and out of the way.

That redneckery looks bad. Is bad. But look at it another way, the silicone and duct tape held. Everything was still together when you discovered it. In that way, the redneckery did exactly what it was intended to do.

Nice project, btw. I am impressed there appears to be absolutely no rust.

Thank you. I was pleasantly surprised to find solid floor pans and no rust in a T-top car. These cars are notorious for heavy corrosion due to T‐tops leaking.

Heater core was leaking but thats expected with age and it is an easy fix.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Thank you. I was pleasantly surprised to find solid floor pans and no rust in a T-top car. These cars are notorious for heavy corrosion due to T‐tops leaking.

Heater core was leaking but thats expected with age and it is an easy fix.

This car couldn't have lived in Ky its entire life? It had to be in a warm climate which never salted the roads in winter and garage kept.

Reactions: AM64
This car couldn't have lived in Ky its entire life? It had to be in a warm climate which never salted the roads in winter and garage kept.

2nd owner had it in a garage and didn't drive it often. Definitely not his daily driver. He was retired and lost interest in restoring it.

Depending if carfax is accurate (sometimes it's not) the car was purchased and stayed in NE Arkansas with 1st owner until 2014. 2nd owner purchased it and took it home to Kentucky until I purchased it last year. Considering the good quality of the interior with the original seats, this car wasn't driven much since he's had it.

The underside of the car is clean as well. No rust.

What is all this trash on the ground?

View attachment 347499

c28.gif

That redneckery looks bad. Is bad. But look at it another way, the silicone and duct tape held. Everything was still together when you discovered it. In that way, the redneckery did exactly what it was intended to do.

Nice project, btw. I am impressed there appears to be absolutely no rust.

I'm will have to remember to use redneckery. Lots of things I can apply it to in southeast Texas.

Do you have a hard time finding drivers that want to drive in the northeast, especially in the winter months? I would think that would take a special type of person to want to deal with that special type of hell.

We have trucks based outside of Hartford, CT and the sad truth is that it easier to find good workers/drivers up there than it is in TN.

We have trucks based outside of Hartford, CT and the sad truth is that it easier to find good workers/drivers up there than it is in TN.
That's interesting but not surprising, most people from the northeast that I've met are hard working people.

3 weeks . Took 9 weeks to eat my Dad alive. That was some aggressive crap. I hate cancer. Hate hospitals , too. Doesnt matter how new, or clean they are...they smell of death. Sometimes the smell is faint, sometimes heavy, but it is always there. Rather get a root canal than spend a day in a hospital...

I ventured over to the FF for a little bit this morning and like clockwork the coach worshiping has started. mention any concerns and you're a negavol.

I ventured over to the FF for a little bit this morning and like clockwork the coach worshiping has started. mention any concerns and you're a negavol.
I had to stop. The other day I was over there, and the question was asked, what will we do when Oklahoma comes after him.

VN Store

Back