Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I wandered into the FF to look at topics, and sure enough there was one about changing the football uniform. Some things never change ... especially the desire to change tradition.

I always disliked the 1971 - white with orange over the shoulders. If you take into consideration how uniforms are made and the requirement for away uniforms, these are are fairly consistent since 1951 excepting the 1971 atrocity. At least there are no BJ specials represented there.
The 1891 one looks like what you would wear at a phsyc hospital

Reactions: AM64
Arrgh! Wives and cars. Mine called and said her key didn't work and then her car wouldn't start. The middle of going from A to B stuff made no sense - like how the car battery mysteriously died - normal with most wives it seems. She got it out of the parking place and decided to jump start it by rolling the car and popping the clutch ... it is a manual, but from her description she obviously doesn't remember how to do it. I drove over with jumper cables, started hooking them up, and something told me stop right there. I told her to try and start the car, and it started immediately.

Got home and her key battery really is dead, and it's the one with the screw from hell. I changed the battery in the other key (which she has now lost) and she wanted this one change preemptively at that time. I stripped the head and the little screw wouldn't budge, so today I drilled the head off and finally got the rest of the screw out with pliers. The thing was covered in loctite - no way it was ever coming out with a screwdriver.

Not sure if all wives are the same, but my experience is never ever give your wife the only key to anything. How long it remains found is inversely proportional to how important the key is.

Arrgh! Wives and cars. Mine called and said her key didn't work and then her car wouldn't start. The middle of going from A to B stuff made no sense - like how the car battery mysteriously died - normal with most wives it seems. She got it out of the parking place and decided to jump start it by rolling the car and popping the clutch ... it is a manual, but from her description she obviously doesn't remember how to do it. I drove over with jumper cables, started hooking them up, and something told me stop right there. I told her to try and start the car, and it started immediately.

Got home and her key battery really is dead, and it's the one with the screw from hell. I changed the battery in the other key (which she has now lost) and she wanted this one change preemptively at that time. I stripped the head and the little screw wouldn't budge, so today I drilled the head off and finally got the rest of the screw out with pliers. The thing was covered in loctite - no way it was ever coming out with a screwdriver.

Not sure if all wives are the same, but my experience is never ever give your wife the only key to anything. How long it remains found is inversely proportional to how important the key is.
We have two keys for my wife's van, she gets one and I have one in the safe she doesn't know how to get in to specifically so she can't lose it. Her key has a Tile on the chain so I don't have to look for it every other morning 3 minutes before school starts.

We have two keys for my wife's van, she gets one and I have one in the safe she doesn't know how to get in to specifically so she can't lose it. Her key has a Tile on the chain so I don't have to look for it every other morning 3 minutes before school starts.
Neither one of my wives could tell you within 10 seconds of walking in the door where they put their keys. It was an almost comical exercise watching them look for their keys the next day. I always know where my keys are since I put them in my left front pocket every single time I exit the vehicle and have for nearly 50 years.

Neither one of my wives could tell you within 10 seconds of walking in the door where they put their keys. It was an almost comical exercise watching them look for their keys the next day. I always know where my keys are since I put them in my left front pocket every single time I exit the vehicle and have for nearly 50 years.

Women believe they multitask. I keep telling them they can't multitask - they are thinking about one thing and do something else like putting keys down without any conscious thought whatsoever. That's why we have to continually find stuff for them.

My key to the wife's car stayed in the bowl where my car keys always go. Then it was missing. I thought maybe I left it at the other house when we took stuff over in her car - I didn't. One day she had that key instead of hers - now it's reversed, and neither of us has a clue where my key is. She told me one day when she took her car to Honda that she took a couple of keys off the ring - she didn't know what they went to. I told her they were the front door keys because she had told me she couldn't find her door keys. It's incredible.

Women believe they multitask. I keep telling them they can't multitask - they are thinking about one thing and do something else like putting keys down without any conscious thought whatsoever. That's why we have to continually find stuff for them.

My key to the wife's car stayed in the bowl where my car keys always go. Then it was missing. I thought maybe I left it at the other house when we took stuff over in her car - I didn't. One day she had that key instead of hers - now it's reversed, and neither of us has a clue where my key is. She told me one day when she took her car to Honda that she took a couple of keys off the ring - she didn't know what they went to. I told her they were the front door keys because she had told me she couldn't find her door keys. It's incredible.
That's why we have that saying "bless their hearts"

Reactions: AM64
Yesterday because we were having internet issues with the SuddenLink connection at our house, I came home at noon and brought my Verizon hotspot which I have to have at my warehouse or no internet there (being out in the boonies where the redhats don't live close enough to each other to get a cable company to serve them). Son needed to do an online lecture from Rice so he doesn't fall behind in his studies, so I was happy to oblige, not having any freight coming in or out yesterday. Meanwhile my wife is taking her frustrations with Biden and company out on the poor trees in our back yard and fills the bed of my truck with limbs by 4 PM, so I'm thinking I could get away from her cooking for one night, pick up a brisket sandwich on the way back to the warehouse and dump those tree limbs on the back of my property where I burn old pallets and the wife's tree-trimmings. So far so good. But when I was ready to head back home I could not find my glasses and I know they were in the pocket of my tee shirt when I was moseying around the warehouse before I went to empty the tree limbs out of my truck. I spent a half hour looking through the warehouse and mobile home for those glasses and even went back to the burn area but by then it was almost dark. I'm sure those glasses are out there in or around that pile of tree limbs. I guess we can file this under no good deed goes unpunished. Or that's what you get for ducking the wife's cooking. Today I was too busy to go digging through that pile of limbs but perhaps tomorrow I will.

VN Store

Back