Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Neither one of my wives could tell you within 10 seconds of walking in the door where they put their keys. It was an almost comical exercise watching them look for their keys the next day. I always know where my keys are since I put them in my left front pocket every single time I exit the vehicle and have for nearly 50 years.

Keys should always be in one of two places when not in use. Pocket or designated place they go immediately after getting home.

Reactions: AM64
Yesterday because we were having internet issues with the SuddenLink connection at our house, I came home at noon and brought my Verizon hotspot which I have to have at my warehouse or no internet there (being out in the boonies where the redhats don't live close enough to each other to get a cable company to serve them). Son needed to do an online lecture from Rice so he doesn't fall behind in his studies, so I was happy to oblige, not having any freight coming in or out yesterday. Meanwhile my wife is taking her frustrations with Biden and company out on the poor trees in our back yard and fills the bed of my truck with limbs by 4 PM, so I'm thinking I could get away from her cooking for one night, pick up a brisket sandwich on the way back to the warehouse and dump those tree limbs on the back of my property where I burn old pallets and the wife's tree-trimmings. So far so good. But when I was ready to head back home I could not find my glasses and I know they were in the pocket of my tee shirt when I was moseying around the warehouse before I went to empty the tree limbs out of my truck. I spent a half hour looking through the warehouse and mobile home for those glasses and even went back to the burn area but by then it was almost dark. I'm sure those glasses are out there in or around that pile of tree limbs. I guess we can file this under no good deed goes unpunished. Or that's what you get for ducking the wife's cooking. Today I was too busy to go digging through that pile of limbs but perhaps tomorrow I will.

Let us know when u can read this eye test:

E V E N S T E V E N

...and then we will know u found them

Seriously, I went to the eye Dr last year for the fisrt time in 15 years. Just need readers for the past few years, but the tech was amazing from just the letter charts of old. Dang saw images of my eyeball blood vessels...lol

Let us know when u can read this eye test:

E V E N S T E V E N

...and then we will know u found them

Seriously, I went to the eye Dr last year for the fisrt time in 15 years. Just need readers for the past few years, but the tech was amazing from just the letter charts of old. Dang saw images of my eyeball blood vessels...lol
I will have to get back to you on that. I can still see pretty well without glasses except for reading street signs etc. I usually wear them when I'm driving but only really need them if I'm on unfamiliar streets which is rarely the case these days. It's about time for me to get a new prescription anyways. Those glasses were about 5 years old.

I will have to get back to you on that. I can still see pretty well without glasses except for reading street signs etc. I usually wear them when I'm driving but only really need them if I'm on unfamiliar streets which is rarely the case these days. It's about time for me to get a new prescription anyways. Those glasses were about 5 years old.

tenor.gif

Neither one of my wives could tell you within 10 seconds of walking in the door where they put their keys. It was an almost comical exercise watching them look for their keys the next day. I always know where my keys are since I put them in my left front pocket every single time I exit the vehicle and have for nearly 50 years.
One of the first things I put up in our new house was a key rack right by the garage door. If I'm not driving my keys are on that rack. My wife thinks it's for hanging sunglasses apparently. She has to pass that rack to get inside but I find them anywhere but there.

How iz biz?
Crazy good. But this week was like a black hole, working to shut down a “product line” that doesn’t fit and should have been stopped a couple years ago. Filling 1-gallon cans with ecofriendly Danish solvents that sell for $75 a gallon for artists and art professors mostly in Canada. One gallon lasts some of these folks 3 or 4 years. I got into it due to an old college friend who introduced me to the Danish solvent maven 8 years ago. Over those 8 years the artsy fartsy solvents have accounted for exactly 0.14% of my company’s sales. But when I emailed those 50-60 customers that I was getting out of the biz when my last 3 drums are done I got a deluge of itty bitty orders. Lol

Last edited:
One of the first things I put up in our new house was a key rack right by the garage door. If I'm not driving my keys are on that rack. My wife thinks it's for hanging sunglasses apparently. She has to pass that rack to get inside but I find them anywhere but there.

I will embarrassingly out myself as a creature of nature.

I was leaving the house and the routine was open the door to the garage and press the wall mounted garge door opener. I literally walked 2 steps past and got lazy and said nah..I will just open from my vehicle. Bam... Had to call in reinforcements to get everything situated.

Granted I had windows in the garage door that allow sunlight and had a couple of beers, but I digress.

Door guy said it happens all the time. He did not break down stats of F/M ratio.

Reactions: AM64 and RavinDave
I will embarrassingly out myself as a creature of nature.

I was leaving the house and the routine was open the door to the garage and press the wall mounted garge door opener. I literally walked 2 steps past and got lazy and said nah..I will just open from my vehicle. Bam... Had to call in reinforcements to get everything situated.

Granted I had windows in the garage door that allow sunlight and had a couple of beers, but I digress.

Door guy said it happens all the time. He did not break down stats of F/M ratio.
Probably would of happened to me except I park on the driveway. Only my wife is allowed to park inside the garage.

Crazy good. But this week was like a black hole, working to shut down a “product line” that doesn’t fit and should have been stopped a couple years ago. Filling 1-gallon cans with ecofriendly Danish solvents that sell for $75 a gallon for artists and art professors mostly in Canada. One gallon lasts some of these folks 3 or 4 years. I got into it due to an old college friend who introduced me to the Danish solvent maven 8 years ago. Over those 8 years the artsy fartsy solvents have accounted for exactly 0.14% or my company’s sales. But when I emailed those 50-60 customers that I was getting out of the biz when my last 3 drums are done I got a deluge of itty bitty orders. Lol

Supply and demand..lol
My biz has been unbelievable and our 80 year company set a record in Dec, and 2021 has been gangbusters. Better keep up or I know who to blame.
You ever reach out to Gerald? I have no idea of the health of the biogas industry

Reactions: AM64 and RavinDave
Supply and demand..lol
My biz has been unbelievable and our 80 year company set a record in Dec, and 2021 has been gangbusters. Better keep up or I know who to blame.
You ever reach out to Gerald? I have no idea of the health of the biogas industry
I think I tried to call them but I can't say for sure. I did look them up on google. Biogas may actually benefit, at least short-term, from Biden's moves against the natural gas industry, because it is considered "renewable" and has government subsidies. Aside from biogas we got a big windfall order last month from a company called Equate (you may know of them - a jv between Dow Chemical and a Kuwaiti concern); they make ethylene glycol in Freeport and have to do catalytic oxidation to a CO2 offgas stream... to create more CO2 by oxidizing VOC's and it uses a palladium catalyst that needed a shot in the arm... which thanks to Dave they didn't have to wait 3 months for catalyst to be produced in Germany. Yay!

I mean, I have a real problem with mice. Even have a cat to help with that problem. Anyway, I happened to see one poking around and grabbed the first implement I had handy which turned out to be a fire poker and went after it. I finally managed to get a few good hits in and wanted to clean up the mess I made, but the kids kept screaming about all the blood.

And to top it off, Disney World said I can't ever come back.

I mean, I have a real problem with mice. Even have a cat to help with that problem. Anyway, I happened to see one poking around and grabbed the first implement I had handy which turned out to be a fire poker and went after it. I finally managed to get a few good hits in and wanted to clean up the mess I made, but the kids kept screaming about all the blood.

And to top it off, Disney World said I can't ever come back.

You killed Mickey? Who's next? You're not gonna shoot Bambi are you?

VN Store

Back