Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I just found five robins that froze to death in my backyard. Well, the dog discovered one of them, but it was crazy it was that cold.

Reactions: AM64
There was one time I got her up to 125 mph and probably could have pushed a little higher before I ran out of real estate.

That was headed S on Hwy 3 between Clear Lake and Texas City... but no tickee that day!

I did the same when I had my muscle car. I was doing a good 130 when I envisioned a tire blowout on I-40.
I shut that thing down pretty quick. Never went that fast again. Had an angel on my shoulder that day I believe.
I miss that muscle car though from time to time ..... good old days.

Reactions: AM64 and RavinDave
I signed the contract on a backup generator for the house back in November. Still not installed, generac is way behind on manufacturing and installer is either a lazy POS or busier than heck playing catch-up.
Way behind due to Covid. Hard for a lot of these manufacturers to get the stuff they need.

Reactions: RavinDave and AM64
I did the same when I had my muscle car. I was doing a good 130 when I envisioned a tire blowout on I-40.
I shut that thing down pretty quick. Never went that fast again. Had an angel on my shoulder that day I believe.
I miss that muscle car though from time to time ..... good old days.
Good old days is right.

The feeling you mentioned reminds me more of my motorcycle adventures.

But that 911 felt better the faster I went.

Good old days is right.

The feeling you mentioned reminds me more of my motorcycle adventures.

But that 911 felt better the faster I went.

I once topped a hill on my motorcycle doing 75 and as I was going over the top a farmer pulled out in front of me in his Chevy truck (not seeing me coming over). I was lucky that no other traffic was coming the other way on the highway ... I just made a quick turn to the left lane & went flying by him.... it was too close for comfort.

I once topped a hill on my motorcycle doing 75 and as I was going over the top a farmer pulled out in front of me in his Chevy truck (not seeing me coming over). I was lucky that no other traffic was coming the other way on the highway ... I just made a quick turn to the left lane & went flying by him.... it was too close for comfort.
If I was a cat I would have used up all 9 lives and then some riding motorcycles. Just in the last 30 minutes heading down memory lane I've been looking up my first two motorcycles on Wikipedia. There was the Suzuki 305 when I still had my paper route, then the Kawasaki 500 during my student days a UT. My senior year I bought a brand new Suzuki 750 water buffalo on my co-op earnings... this last one I traded for a Norton 850 after it seized up in Minnesota on my Bicentennial/graduation trip out west. Then there were the two Beemers, the last of which is just taking up space in my warehouse still today. How many times I defied death on those things and the details would make a small novella.

If I was a cat I would have used up all 9 lives and then some riding motorcycles. Just in the last 30 minutes heading down memory lane I've been looking up my first two motorcycles on Wikipedia. There was the Suzuki 305 when I still had my paper route, then the Kawasaki 500 during my student days a UT. My senior year I bought a brand new Suzuki 750 water buffalo on my co-op earnings... this last one I traded for a Norton 850 after it seized up in Minnesota on my Bicentennial/graduation trip out west. Then there were the two Beemers, the last of which is just taking up space in my warehouse still today. How many times I defied death on those things and the details would make a small novella.

I was wondering how many bugs did you get to eat. I had a dragonfly hit me right on the mouth one day.

No, there's a choice to be had.
Fresh then.

Spaghetti is my favorite food. At least when I make it. I can out eat my entire family combined when it comes to spaghetti.

Whenever mom made a batch for the five of us, i always got served last, including after dads work meal, to make sure everyone else got some. Love me some spaghetti.

Reactions: AM64
Fresh then.

Spaghetti is my favorite food. At least when I make it. I can out eat my entire family combined when it comes to spaghetti.

Whenever mom made a batch for the five of us, i always got served last, including after dads work meal, to make sure everyone else got some. Love me some spaghetti.

Beef meatballs or Italian sausage?

Or both...?

I signed the contract on a backup generator for the house back in November. Still not installed, generac is way behind on manufacturing and installer is either a lazy POS or busier than heck playing catch-up.

I'd love one of those, but just can't justify it.

Reactions: RavinDave

VN Store

Back