Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

EwZg1OEVgAUArqy
I used three of these before lunch and I'm offended.

wtf about smoked brisket. what planet are you from?

go to any bbq festival or competition and what will you find? brisket. the defense rests, your honor.

Yes I know but it isn’t BBQ. Also anything cooked on gas isn’t BBQ, it was grilled.

Hmmm, good point. BBQ to me always includes ribs and pulled pork. I love a good brisket but I would not include it in a traditional definition of BBQ.

For great brisket, you need to try Tujague’s in New Orleans. It's on Decatur St, and I haven't been there in several years. It's moved closer to Canal from the location pretty much across from the French Market. I'm not sure what the move may have done for the place, but it was really good, and you may need reservations depending on when you eat - sometimes you can walk in. They bill themselves as New Orleans second oldest restaurant. I've seen a lot of people walk in and be confused by nobody seating them immediately and by the menu; just take it all in stride, it's worth figuring it all out. Meals are served in courses (a few of them) and a brisket sample was always included - you won't leave hungry. It's not cheap BTW.

VN Store

Back