Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Coffee is always better from the diners where they use freshly ground beans and coffeemakers that have coffeemakers with the flavor burnt in since the 1980s. Im not joking

Best beans are from Colombia or Guatemala, Brazil is up there though. Don't mess around with the beans from Indonesia/South Pacific area, ironically as they literally speak "java"
I have a bean grinder. It’s just not the same if you don’t grind the beans yourself.
I’m partial to the organic stuff from Honduras.

Coffee is always better from the diners where they use freshly ground beans and coffeemakers with the flavor burnt in since the 1980s. Im not joking

Best beans are from Colombia or Guatemala, Brazil is up there though. Don't mess around with the beans from Indonesia/South Pacific area, ironically as they literally grow in "java"

I'm too lazy and too impatient to grind beans although we have no shortage of grinders - my wife and gadgets.

It surprised me how happy I was to not see Pruitt on the sideline. I don’t have high expectations with the new guy, but I felt good about not seeing Gump there.

Adding to my own post...I’m also happy Guarantano wasn’t under center.

Sorry if already posted...

Reactions: AM64
Yeah totally.. Once you get a grinder you never go back. The pre ground stuff tastes like butt now and the Keurigs are disappointing

I may try again in the future. After finding ground coffee that works in a French press (and Community does), it's hard to go back to grinding and constantly getting it too fine or too uneven. Filters in drip coffee makers fix errors in grinding - French presses aren't as forgiving.

Reactions: Tastylicks
When was the last time the O was mastered? Forever. Even Dobbs was an improvisor iirc.
We are due an 1985 surprise year hopefully some point while I am still kicking.

Speaking of which another week of working my behind off. I need to retire. Got a spare mil?
I’m looking for a geezer or two to drive a forklift part-time and fix me a BLT.

The Keurig serves its purpose. I don't typically start drinking coffee til I get to to work and then I may drink a whole pot or more, but my wife has one cup in the morning and one in the afternoon and its super convenient for her. Ill add that her coffee is some kind of caramel vanilla creme brulee mocha abomination that should never exist anyway, especially in quantities as large as an entire pot.

I like dunkin coffee when I am out but as someone else here said diner coffee is the best. Waffle house has some great coffee too and I love waffle house. I would choose a waffle house over a mitchells steak house anyday. Grand slam breakfast and cup of joe for 11 bucks WITH a pecan waffle too. Come on, that's good eating.

I may try again in the future. After finding ground coffee that works in a French press (and Community does), it's hard to go back to grinding and constantly getting it too fine or too uneven. Filters in drip coffee makers fix errors in grinding - French presses aren't as forgiving.
I’m unfamiliar with a French press. Is it like a Freedom press?

VN Store

Back