Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Bulleit isn't as bad. On its own it's blatantly uninteresting, but I think it's fine for cocktails. The rye makes a good Old Fashioned if the bartender isn't autistic.

Dink,
I’m sure you have heard that my buddy Jeff is starting his own distillery in Alcoa.
He is working on a blended bourbon whiskey.
Them branch out from there.
Any talk about in in your circles?

Jack Daniel's Former Master Distiller Jeff Arnett Starts New Whiskey Distillery - The Whiskey Wash

Reactions: AM64
Did they just start it or have they started aging the bourbon already? Straight bourbon has to be aged for a couple of years minimum, i thought.

It is a two year project on the site build. Jeff left JD over a year ago. He has been working on this blend for a while.

Did they just start it or have they started aging the bourbon already? Straight bourbon has to be aged for a couple of years minimum, i thought.

They'll do like a lot of startups do, buy aged product from Dickel until they have organic product to sell.

Just add a flavor and call it your own.

Add flavor? I thought all that could be added was water after aging to adjust proof.

HFS, I realized that Diageo made and distributed different brands; like Buffalo Trace has subsidiary's - I guess I was unaware that that a wholly different entity could pass it off as theirs. I don't know why I thought that, but I did.

I feel dirty now.

Add flavor? I thought all that could be added was water after aging to adjust proof.

HFS, I realized that Diageo made and distributed different brands; like Buffalo Trace has subsidiary's - I guess I was unaware that that a wholly different entity could pass it off as theirs. I don't know why I thought that, but I did.

I feel dirty now.

You are dirty, what does that have to do with whiskey?

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
On a different note.... my VA doctor is definitely trying to either ruin my life or kill me off... look at the side effects for my new script... which I don’t plan on taking... View attachment 364424View attachment 364425

Looks like the first set of symptoms could cause the second set even if the drug didn't. There's just something wrong with developing a drug for depression that might lead patients to suicide ... or suicide by cop.

Reactions: SumSoonerChick
I have some oak barrels in my garage waiting for a discriminating buyer.

In one corner of my office. My JD connection goes further back than Jeff. My barrel was distilled by Jimmy.

Attachments

• C5C42126-E430-4631-9529-8B48159205AF.jpeg
    C5C42126-E430-4631-9529-8B48159205AF.jpeg
    991.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 96D7482E-43EA-4DB9-859C-F1F8EE804334.jpeg
    96D7482E-43EA-4DB9-859C-F1F8EE804334.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • F3FF32B2-71EC-4050-8637-F0F0EB02E4EA.jpeg
    F3FF32B2-71EC-4050-8637-F0F0EB02E4EA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Yes, hot flashes and night sweats... probably a little TMI, but 🤷🏻‍♀️ Apparently my doc thinks this is less dangerous than hormones... 🤦🏻‍♀️

Somebody needs to tell your hubby that wives with out of balance or missing hormones are a life threatening situation. And then there's that picture you posted a few days ago.

VN Store

Back