Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

While admittedly semi intoxicated during the commission of some of these photos, I wasn’t so hammered as to not remembering I had to have my passport to get the shot. I hear Venus is a drag and overrated anyway.
Ok. You lean towards small government therefore you aren't trustworthy.

Let's just agree you post some pretty pics of a star coming into or out of view as the planet or moon you are on rotates and you do so for our enjoyment.

Thats crazy Louder. I always have to make my own overlays/mark up every unit drawing with whats missing. Check out all the missing dimensions from this architect on the unit plans.. anything color is by me. I didnt put the HVAC/ventilation openings on my drawings bc every unit is the same ROs thankfully. Every single unit type is like this...also note that this jackleg drew 2x4 wet walls everywhere. No excuse for that. 3in drain does not fit in 3.5in walls. For a couple reasons, but you know that. We didnt do the wet walls in the bathroom like the plans show either.. i get that changed now on every job. Just make that section of the partywall 2x6...eliminates prerock, pregyp,preinsulation and having to stagger studs. Also saves lumber.

The only overlays we ever get laid into a drawing is sometimes the HVAC is overlayed in our truss drawings, or sometimes drains are overlayed in truss drawings but never both... and only the best companies do that (Trussway/PBS) I think now they are all just Professional Builders Supply, they bought out Trussways plants. They are by far the best truss company IMO. I have never, ever seen "same sheet" overlays except made after the fact by the GC or subs like me usually in BlueBeam.
you don't need it for framing but another dimension that should absolutely be on that plan is locating the centerline of the toilet.

and that first plan shouldn't have any eighths, unless there is something specific, and not wood framed, to that unit.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
So a place I worked at years ago did a photoshoot with me doing a bunch of cocktail flair stuff when I was hired. Fast forward to February this year and there's a billboard up of me setting a drink on fire next to the Regas building off i-40. I literally get to admire myself on my way to work every day.

View attachment 644571
But they yada yada'd the best part.

So a place I worked at years ago did a photoshoot with me doing a bunch of cocktail flair stuff when I was hired. Fast forward to February this year and there's a billboard up of me setting a drink on fire next to the Regas building off i-40. I literally get to admire myself on my way to work every day.

View attachment 644571
Oh great! ...as if you already weren't insufferable and egotistical enough.
We will obviously have to step up the psychological warfare just to keep your ego in check for the next few months

View attachment 644571
I really like your shirt. Did you find it in the Jackson Pollock section of Sears?

you don't need it for framing but another dimension that should absolutely be on that plan is locating the centerline of the toilet.

and that first plan shouldn't have any eighths, unless there is something specific, and not wood framed, to that unit.

Yep these unit plans were a disaster. As we go up each floor framing, i have to take my tape measure and a can of marking paint and spray out all the drains on each floor as my guys are building walls....so when they set floor trusses for the next floor on top of them, they dont set a truss where a drain will be. We have to go back and move them after the fact if that happens which is a real pain in the ass. Unless the truss company is Trussway/PBS they never consider plumbing when making the truss layout sheet. Toilets are pretty much always in a corner though because they have to have handicap grab bars on 2 sides for ADA upfit on what we build...I always pull 20" from side wall, 13" off the back wall and make a "plus" for center of drain. Then i make a 6in" diameter circle to try and head off Shtupid even though the drain is only a 3in pipe. Plumbing code is min 18in and 12in to flange edge. I spray out all the tub and shower drains too...but I have to go by the product submittal because those vary from project to project and sometimes by unit also...

Reactions: AM64
Many hands have been injured.... lulz

Me too bud. Me too. For my 17th birthday my Mom paid for boxing lessons at a local gym where there were several actually talented young GG boxers etc.(not me ofc) When i went in for my 1st lesson, the Coach in the ring asked me " So, why did you decide to take up boxing?" I said " because I am really good at blocking punches with my face." Thankfully he smiled instead of testing that claim out for me.

VN Store

Back