Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Gotta admit, I'm not the biggest fan of baseball but I am enjoying watching the Vols play. Exciting group.
Unfortunately, I missed UT's game today. I got home from work and flipped on the TV just in time to see the last 3 pitches of the UNC/West Virginia game. UNC hit a walk-off 2-run homer in the bottom of the 9th to take it.

The thing about baseball is that anybody can drop a series to anybody at any time. From what I've seen though, there is a sizable gap between UT and everybody else in the nation.

Yep, a win tomorrow punches the ticket.
Unfortunately, I missed UT's game today. I got home from work and flipped on the TV just in time to see the last 3 pitches of the UNC/West Virginia game. UNC hit a walk-off 2-run homer in the bottom of the 9th to take it.
Yall thinking
UT
FLA st
UNC
UK

...and who else?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
We couldn't face UNC or FSU in the final. A&M we could
How do you know that without even seeing which teams make it to the CWS yet? Don't they re-seed based on the 8 teams that make it? In other words, if Oregon State beat Kentucky in the Super Regionals, they don't grab Kentucky's #2 overall seeding spot in the CWS do they?

How do you know that without even seeing which teams make it to the CWS yet? Don't they re-seed based on the 8 teams that make it? In other words, if Oregon State beat Kentucky in the Super Regionals, they don't grab Kentucky's #2 overall seeding spot in the CWS do they?
You are correct. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait to predict until that happens

You are correct. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait to predict until that happens
Unless they've changed the way the CWS works, there is also the issue of the loser's bracket. Anybody can lose their first game (to UT for example), but then win their way into the finals by then going undefeated through the losers' bracket.

VN Store

Back