Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I know the general rule is no gloves when using any rotating power tool even a drill but going forward I will wear a steel mesh glove on my left hand when using my hand router in a free hand style. This sucks. Need to schedule an appt with hand surgeon to reattach tendons.

View attachment 649453
Man, that hurts just looking at it. Now I can’t help envisioning how quickly this happened and how much damage occurred. What does your hand router look like?

Last edited:
I know the general rule is no gloves when using any rotating power tool even a drill but going forward I will wear a steel mesh glove on my left hand when using my hand router in a free hand style. This sucks. Need to schedule an appt with hand surgeon to reattach tendons.

View attachment 649453
Frankenfinger!!!
Seriously that sucks dude. I hope you heal soon.

There was a pic a few posts later but here it is again. It’s a trim router. No handles

View attachment 651656

That POS maiming machine would be in a thousand pieces and in a landfill if that was my finger.

Yes, I know it’s not the machines fault and yes, I know that sounds extreme and maybe a bit juvenile, but I’m sensitive when it comes to my appendages and digits. I know me and that MF’r would be no more.

Hopefully this tames the machine of death and maiming. Note the chain mail glove lying in front also. @McDad you’d asked the cause. So I finally got a chance to look at the hole. The material is 1/2” 3 ply plywood. This hole appears to be riddled with knots and non uniform wood grain on one ply all around the hole. Looks like lots of opportunity to hang and jump. With the addition of the larger plate and control handles plus reversing the surface to get into uniform wood I think will help. But even one small jump and I’ll go to the jigsaw to finish.

IMG_3793.jpeg

That POS maiming machine would be in a thousand pieces and in a landfill if that was my finger.

Yes, I know it’s not the machines fault and yes, I know that sounds extreme and maybe a bit juvenile, but I’m sensitive when it comes to my appendages and digits. I know me and that MF’r would be no more.
Look down one post from yours.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back