Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Hopefully this tames the machine of death and maiming. Note the chain mail glove lying in front also. @McDad you’d asked the cause. So I finally got a chance to look at the hole. The material is 1/2” 3 ply plywood. This hole appears to be riddled with knots and non uniform wood grain on one ply all around the hole. Looks like lots of opportunity to hang and jump. With the addition of the larger plate and control handles plus reversing the surface to get into uniform wood I think will help. But even one small jump and I’ll go to the jigsaw to finish.

View attachment 651724
You’ll look like Michael Jackson wearing that thing.

You and I need to meet one day. We can compare your frankenfinger to my frankenear. Although I will say the plastic surgeon did a nice job.

Did you say you'll need more surgery?
Yes I have at least one damaged/severed extensor tendon in the finger. I’m happy to buy the beer! 🍻

Last edited:

BOOM! Needed him badly. Biggest need in this and next years class is at DT....we likely have the best Dline in the country this season but lose our top 2 DTs and others after this season. This is HUGE. Picked us over UGA and Bama

Edit. Hes from here in Charlotte too ...I think (so does everyone else) that we are gonna land the no2 overall and 5* OT from here also in this class. We are also the early leader for the no1 ranked QB in next years class from Greensboro NC. This staff is killing it in NC...it helps us greatly that theres no SEC school in NC thankfully.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad and AM64
Hopefully this tames the machine of death and maiming. Note the chain mail glove lying in front also. @McDad you’d asked the cause. So I finally got a chance to look at the hole. The material is 1/2” 3 ply plywood. This hole appears to be riddled with knots and non uniform wood grain on one ply all around the hole. Looks like lots of opportunity to hang and jump. With the addition of the larger plate and control handles plus reversing the surface to get into uniform wood I think will help. But even one small jump and I’ll go to the jigsaw to finish.

View attachment 651724

It's come to my attention after 40+ years in this house that with the proliferation of countertop devices (microwave, toaster oven, coffee makers ...) there isn't enough kitchen counter space. I bought a Zojirushi grill to replace the old grill we used for pancakes. The problem is that the thing is like 15x24 inches if you exclude the plugin control, and it pretty well uses up the remaining counterspace when used. I had a thought the other day about the stovetop and the piece of countertop I cut out for the sink when I replaced the original countertop. That would mean cutting it to size and finishing the edges - probably involving a router. I'm rethinking that plan.

It's come to my attention after 40+ years in this house that with the proliferation of countertop devices (microwave, toaster oven, coffee makers ...) there isn't enough kitchen counter space. I bought a Zojirushi grill to replace the old grill we used for pancakes. The problem is that the thing is like 15x24 inches if you exclude the plugin control, and it pretty well uses up the remaining counterspace when used. I had a thought the other day about the stovetop and the piece of countertop I cut out for the sink when I replaced the original countertop. That would mean cutting it to size and finishing the edges - probably involving a router. I'm rethinking that plan.
I think it can be used safely but needs serious respect for the carnage it can cause. The mods I’ve done should help with that. And if it does get free again the chain mail glove should provide a good deal of assist. I think my instance is about the worst corner case that can be imagined.

Reactions: AM64
Posters I miss

Obsessed (I have some hilarious emails from him seeking post divorce dating advice)
Golfballs
UTVolKeith
OrangeEmpire
Knucklehead_Vol
What’s up with Obsessed? You ever hear from him?

I just texted Obsessed. If he still has the same phone #, we about to find out.

Reactions: AM64
I think it can be used safely but needs serious respect for the carnage it can cause. The mods I’ve done should help with that. And if it does get free again the chain mail glove should provide a good deal of assist. I think my instance is about the worst corner case that can be imagined.
This will be you running to your wife after you try to use Bloodlust (that's the name I gave your router) next time:
feRNw3.gif

I looked and Amazon carries something called noodle boards that fit stove tops - have to see if something fits. I think the Shopsmith I inherited from my dad can be used as a router, and I also inherited a router with handles. In the end I really don't know much about adding wood trim to the edges - necessary because the stuff under the laminate surface is particleboard. My dad wasn't the teaching kind so I didn't inherit his woodworking ability. The other drawback to the original idea is weight - the sink cutout is pretty heavy.

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back