Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

<RANT>I'm not the smartest man, don't know much about high finance or big business, no fancy MBA or finance degree but one thing I do know is that if you don't pay your vendors they won't come work for you. A client who has been a regular as clockwork 30 day pay decided in June they were going to 60 days. Where we can't self-preform we manage their vendors and so far most of them have refused to accept 60 day terms which forced me to explain to the client that either they are going to accept long delays in service, rates are going to have to be adjusted or they go back to paying their bills within 30 days. These super smart and educated people just cannot wrap their brains around that concept. They expect us to float (basically finance) their business for 30 days. <end rant>
think that is bad..GE Oil and Gas used to squeeze business that relied heavily on them with 120 days. Disgusting.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
think that is bad..GE Oil and Gas used to squeeze business that relied heavily on them with 120 days. Disgusting.

I can live with 60, had one client try 90 and they quickly found out they couldn't find vendors. 120 would be a big nope from me.

I just want to know where they get the impression that it's a good business decision. I get the concept that billion dollar corps can make a significant return floating their cash but it kills vendor relations.

I can live with 60, had one client try 90 and they quickly found out they couldn't find vendors. 120 would be a big nope from me.

I just want to know where they get the impression that it's a good business decision. I get the concept that billion dollar corps can make a significant return floating their cash but it kills vendor relations.

My buddy/boss and his partner don't get retainage (10% of entire contract) until 3 to 6 months past the completion of our scope. We do about half of our apartment complexes turnkey...so furnishing all the lumber, windows, exterior doors, tyvek and flashings, etc. Sometimes we get the Hardie siding too turnkey. Retainage can be over $500k per project. It must all work out well though, because they are both multi-millionaires now. My buddy is talking about retiring in a few years and hes only 47 like me.

first jury duty today - 300+ of us today. didn't get called until after lunch. my group (32) has to show up in the morning for a criminal trial. hoping to get stricken or that defendant pleas out.

Ask the bailiff “does court usually get out by 2 because I get the shakes if I don’t get a drink by then” you won’t have to worry about being selected.

a friend offered to lend me his StarTrek wear - "in the future we've eliminated crime"

I wore a Clint Eastwood Hang Em High T shirt under my sport coat once while reporting for jury duty. Not real sure how much it played though, I made it 3 rounds before I got the boot.

<RANT>I'm not the smartest man, don't know much about high finance or big business, no fancy MBA or finance degree but one thing I do know is that if you don't pay your vendors they won't come work for you. A client who has been a regular as clockwork 30 day pay decided in June they were going to 60 days. Where we can't self-preform we manage their vendors and so far most of them have refused to accept 60 day terms which forced me to explain to the client that either they are going to accept long delays in service, rates are going to have to be adjusted or they go back to paying their bills within 30 days. These super smart and educated people just cannot wrap their brains around that concept. They expect us to float (basically finance) their business for 30 days. <end rant>
Don’t get me started LOL

Well we already knew you weren't the smartest man, but we accept you anyway. Lord knows, you're definitely not the dumbest in this forum. Not like you've ever taken a router to your hand or anything.

Well we already knew you weren't the smartest man, but we accept you anyway. Lord knows, you're definitely not the dumbest in this forum. Not like you've ever taken a router to your hand or anything.
do yeti have opposable thumbs? serious question since i have only seen a backside running into the woods

do yeti have opposable thumbs? serious question since i have only seen a backside running into the woods
You probably saw a Bigfoot, not a Yeti. Other than myself, most Yetis live at high altitude.

And yes, we have opposable thumbs. We're smarter than humans, which is why most of you still think we're myths.

first jury duty today - 300+ of us today. didn't get called until after lunch. my group (32) has to show up in the morning for a criminal trial. hoping to get stricken or that defendant pleas out.

You could always get some cheap old hearing aids and say "Huh?" and "What?" a lot when questioned. My one time on jury duty we wound up sequestered for a week. Got plenty of exercise going from the jury box to the jury room when the defense kept objecting to what the DA was going to present. When the DA finished, my thought was what was this all about anyway - they had basically proven nothing. The defense asked for a dismissal, and as I recall never called a witness. We immediately voted not guilty with one holdout; the person admitted later to being the holdout, agreed with the rest of us, but wanted to consider if it really was just that simple - that the DA really just had no case.

I still contend that yetis are just dane bramaged chimps who were chased off the reservation and retreated into the hills where oxygen deprivation caused the evolution of huge lungs and tiny brains.
This is hurtful. I thought we were friends. And then you attack my species in such a bigoted fashion. What have Yetis ever done to hurt you??

VN Store

Back