Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

They only play it when you win gold. We've only won 5 golds in the entire Olympics thus far

I know, I've only seen them play it once though.

Oh yeah, thanks for telling me we have 5 golds. I was watching it to find out how we did tonight. Now I know we only won one gold since last night. I guessed it was around 1 - 2 though.

It was dominate. Not another swimmer in the frame when she finished

The swim team has not performed up to their usual standard. You're going to have ups and downs but we seem to be missing that rising up and comer we've had so often in the past. That seems to be the other teams.

It's not the start I was hoping for, but they still have a lot of medals.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Speaking of Olympics... this dude went from unknown to straight ****ing legend overnight. No gear, no ear/eye pro, no nothing. Hand in pocket and looking like he is heading to the grocery store and gets the silver medal.

saw a meme saying how crazy it was America didn't medal in a shooting event - they have a point.

Reactions: AM64
I'll wait for Marcus' take, thank you very much.

I do hope we surprise, though. Potential is there.

Flattery will get you far, my friend, As it would with any man that's been married forever. Lmao. I truly think this is why most men cheat...and often with women that aren't as hot as their wives. Its because they have been taken for granted, and never hear a compliment at home.

Anyway...my worthless prediction is 9-3 simply because so far our VOLS have been inconsistent on the road under CJH...note that I didn't say we suck on the road. Our fans are quick to point out losses at USCjr and FU...but you never hear mention about when we went to Baton Rouge and destroyed LSU by 5TDs when their past 4 classes averaged a top 5 ranking. In 1 of the toughest places to win in cfb. There are other great road wins as well...we just seem to lose 1 road game a year that we should win on paper.

I am with you in believing this team COULD catch fire like the 2022 team and go 10-2 with a playoff berth or even 11-1. I think 10-2 is probably as likely as 9-3 honestly...but we have to stay really healthy to pull that off. Especially on offense. We are a lock to make the playoffs with only 2 losses though, and this team is certainly capable. Making the playoffs is all a fan can reasonably ask for in the 12 team playoff era...to make that little tournament and have a chance at the whole enchilada.

Regardless, the Vegas line Fanduel? Is now 8.5wins...I would take the over on that all day long. No way we lose 4 regular season games IMO. We are also so HOT on the recruiting trail that all the national media is noticing us beating UGA etc for all these recruits. We are steadily climbing the polls and recruiting rankings year over year. What a great time to be a VOL.

Reactions: AM64 and gcbvol
Flattery will get you far, my friend, As it would with any man that's been married forever. Lmao. I truly think this is why most men cheat...and often with women that aren't as hot as their wives. Its because they have been taken for granted, and never hear a compliment at home.

Anyway...my worthless prediction is 9-3 simply because so far our VOLS have been inconsistent on the road under CJH...note that I didn't say we suck on the road. Our fans are quick to point out losses at USCjr and FU...but you never hear mention about when we went to Baton Rouge and destroyed LSU by 5TDs when their past 4 classes averaged a top 5 ranking. In 1 of the toughest places to win in cfb. There are other great road wins as well...we just seem to lose 1 road game a year that we should win on paper.

I am with you in believing this team COULD catch fire like the 2022 team and go 10-2 with a playoff berth or even 11-1. I think 10-2 is probably as likely as 9-3 honestly...but we have to stay really healthy to pull that off. Especially on offense. We are a lock to make the playoffs with only 2 losses though, and this team is certainly capable. Making the playoffs is all a fan can reasonably ask for in the 12 team playoff era...to make that little tournament and have a chance at the whole enchilada.

Regardless, the Vegas line Fanduel? Is now 8.5wins...I would take the over on that all day long. No way we lose 4 regular season games IMO. We are also so HOT on the recruiting trail that all the national media is noticing us beating UGA etc for all these recruits. We are steadily climbing the polls and recruiting rankings year over year. What a great time to be a VOL.
I think 9-3 is a good call. Nico is going to have some growing pains, no question. So the defense must take a step forward to counter some of those pains.

That said, even with growing pains Nico should be a more dynamic QB who is going to make some plays out of nothing at times. I'm excited to see this team.

Quoted my own post...bc I am crazy like that. To ask this though:

Arent 2 of those 4 sprinters in the 4x100 gold medal (and new American record) winning relay VFLs??

Justin Gatlin and Christian Coleman are both VOLS right? So we just added 2 gold medals to the VOLS track swag right? I know Gatlin was a VOL. Coleman too IIRC.

I think 9-3 is a good call. Nico is going to have some growing pains, no question. So the defense must take a step forward to counter some of those pains.

That said, even with growing pains Nico should be a more dynamic QB who is going to make some plays out of nothing at times. I'm excited to see this team.

I've always felt that in football that offense is nice, but defense is essential. Unfortunately all good things get corrupted and the game has "evolved" because gaudy scores and flashy offense do wonders for TV ratings and, therefore, TV revenue to the schools and NCAA. There really should be some rule changes to put defense back in the game - like holding just doesn't seem to be a thing anymore ... hand placement shouldn't have anything to do with impeding a defensive player bent on getting to a QB. It's either a clean block or a hold and no wishy washy it was this not that crap letting offensive players legally hold.

many thanks - first change was I didn't turn on the news this morning and opted instead for background music - hopefully this change sticks

Got to use the new battery backup a little yesterday, but I was too annoyed to feel that pleased about getting and using it. The power was constantly on and off all Tues evening right when I was trying to fix supper - and I really hate cooking in the first place. Then yesterday I got up ready to do a bunch of stuff and the same thing started all over again. Finally the power went off for about four hours - which honestly was almost soothing because then you aren't resetting stuff to try and use a microwave, washer, or whatever just to see it undone.

I read an article earlier about induction stoves being almost free because of incentives. That thought went right down the drain when I was fixing my wife eggs on the gas stove.

I also used the backup to power up the router for a while, but for whatever reason there was no internet (fiberoptic) - either the battery backup at the meter is dead or that went down with the power; have to get that figured out. Our cell service is practically non existent here; so without internet, I couldn't even figure out if yesterday's outages were new storms or just lingering from the day before.

First day as a retiree - feels pretty dang good.
That's fantastic! Congrats. A few tips for group home living

Always be first in line for the busses on grocery day
STD 's are running rampant amongst our senior population so strap up
To assert your dominance, take the oldest persons mashed potato's at dinner

VN Store

Back