Olympic Athlete Turns Her Back on the US Flag as Star Spangled Banner Played

Out of curiosity where did the funding for this athlete’s training come from? I imagine she was at some point on college scholarship but once on the national team I believe there are federal funds for that? Assuming that’s the case why is she taking that money if she really wants to make a point?

Edit: so the Feds don’t pay for Olympic funding here one of few countries to not do so. I do not know if USTAF.org is privately funded also but I’d guess it is based on the Olympic funding sources.

Olympic Funding Often Reflects Country's Values

Last edited:
Reactions: AirVol
Professional athletes have the right to be ignorant, entitled dumbasses if their respective league and team allows it. Amateur athletes representing our country should be kicked off for stuff like this.

Last edited:
Biden 'respects Olympic hammer thrower Gwen Berry's ''right'' to turn back on flag and believes being patriotic means to recognize when U.S. hasn't lived up to its highest ideal'

White House press secretary Jen Psaki defended hammer thrower Gwen Berry's right to 'peacefully protest,' after the Tokyo-bound athlete turned her back on the US flag during Olympic trials.

White House BACKS hammer thrower Gwen Berry | Daily Mail Online

Biden 'respects Olympic hammer thrower Gwen Berry's ''right'' to turn back on flag and believes being patriotic means to recognize when U.S. hasn't lived up to its highest ideal'

White House press secretary Jen Psaki defended hammer thrower Gwen Berry's right to 'peacefully protest,' after the Tokyo-bound athlete turned her back on the US flag during Olympic trials.

No surprise here, the whitehouse and Joe Biden is wrong on everything they support.

Biden is confused as to why there’s an Olympic sport where women throw hammers at each other

Reactions: StarRaider

Was this before or after he started dropping bombs?

E5AU9lFX0AAVMbG

“Congratulations to Deanna Price on breaking a WORLD RECORD! While we complain about the grifter in 3rd place, don't let Deanna's accomplishments be diminished. Thank you for representing America so beautifully, Deanna!”
-Kaitlin Bennett (the Kent State Gun Girl)

Reactions: StarRaider
“Congratulations to Deanna Price on breaking a WORLD RECORD! While we complain about the grifter in 3rd place, don't let Deanna's accomplishments be diminished. Thank you for representing America so beautifully, Deanna!”
-Kaitlin Bennett (the Kent State Gun Girl)

Who cares. Is she woke? That is the important thing.

The Babylon Bee:

"America stinks, and it has oppressed me my entire life," said Berry. "My qualification for the U.S. Olympic team is just another example of the long string of systemic injustices I have suffered at the hand of systemic white systems of Western cis-patriarchal oppression and the systems of hetero Christian male dominance and the... what was I talking about? Oh yeah-- America stinks and I'm oppressed!"

Berry says she hopes to share her inspiring message with young girls of color everywhere-- that they will never belong in America, be happy in America, or be free in America due to the color of their skin.

"I am disgusted with myself for representing this racist country in the Olympic games, but it was my only option since China doesn't really let black athletes compete. I look forward to the universal acclaim, Nike endorsement deals, and vast riches that are coming my way! Yay me! Also, did I mention I'm oppressed?"

Nike has applauded Berry's bravery and has offered her a $327 million endorsement deal and her own line of Uyghur-made clothing.

Reactions: allvol123

VN Store

Back