Olympic Athlete Turns Her Back on the US Flag as Star Spangled Banner Played

Whether the athlete or anyone else has enough self awareness to recognize it - I think it's kind of cool that this kind of 'speech' is allowed to occur in this country.

Of course it is, freedom is great.

I consider myself a libertarian.

Being free to do something and doing that said something are 2 distinctly different things though.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I thought the IOC allowed "country-less" participants. Maybe the USOC should give her a form and sponsor someone who wants to compete FOR the US.

Official petition to change thread title to “So apparently having negative opinions toward specific flags are now considered ‘culturally insensitive.’”

Fat White chicks, the bane of black women everywhere.

tenor.gif

She is 31, is one of the best in the world at her event, and she’s irrelevant. Nobody cares about the current #3 female hammer thrower in the US. This is her last opportunity at notoriety.

I’d like to hear her rattle off a list of all the countries that are more diverse, give all of their citizens more rights, or accept more immigrants than this one.

Now I’d like to exercise my 1A right and say eff her and the unicorn that she rode in on. I also don’t GAF if “her” isn’t her pronoun. God bless America and the Stars and Stripes are flying off of my front porch as I post.

There are some kids on the lawn that I got to go yell at right now.

The 1st amendment says hello. A great thing about America is citizens have the right to speak freely without fear of persecution. You need some thicker skin.

But, that only applies to bleeding hearts speaking freely without persecution.

I think since Olympic athletes are official representatives of the US, as long as they are on the team, they should be subjected to the same rules that apply to Service Members in uniform regarding respect for the flag and national anthem. Any infraction of said regulations should result in immediate dishonorable discharge and banning from future international competition (I am only HALFWAY joking here). Leavenworth might do them some good too. FWIW

VN Store

Back