Oregon could become 1st US state to decriminalize hard drugs

You think people just wake up one day and think to themselves, "hey, I think ill try some heroine today." It doesn't work that way. They get addicted to pills first, then can't get the pills so they turn to the dude on the corner.
Actually most hardcore drug addicts start with marijuana

To each their own. There’s a direct correlation between ALL drugs and violent crimes or crime in general. To think this solves any problems other than “thinning the herd” of worthless drug addicts is asinine.

I feel you here... and i surely know some worthless seeming drug addicts bro. I have seen men that are as good as they come lose everything...including their lives too. Addiction is a BEAST in all its ugly forms...whether food, gambling, cheating/sex, or heroin. It doesn't discriminate, it IS the roaring lion walking about..to see what souls it may devour. Next to Pride, I think addiction is the devils favorite tool with which he destroys men. Maybe those lucky, or wise, or strong, enough to avoid those pitfalls should just count themselves as blessed...and have pity for those who can't, won't, or dont.... it can be hard. My wife and I have raised my nephew for years, and are going to adopt him, because his parents are lost to the functioning world...I have had my own battles with addiction though, pain pills after 2 back surgeries nearly cost me everything that matters to me...so its easy for me to have empathy for those that fall . Millions of Americans destroyed in this opiate epidemic...I dont think legalizing heroin will turn out the way Oregon thinks it will....

From your tone, I get the impression that you don't agree with this idea?

Don't cops have enough to do besides enforcing these silly azz 9th Amendment violating laws that take away an adult's right to choose what they do with their bodies?

I’m actually undecided at the moment as I weigh the negative effects on society as a whole versus the positive effect of the deaths and destruction of prog filth lives.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
It IS because of the doctor. I had back surgery and had extremely mild pain, didn't even need anything stronger than ibuprofen (I was 23) and was prescribed 120 Lortab. I took about 10 of them and threw the rest out. Doctors prescribe WAY too many opiods at one time. Imo they should just give you 10-15 pills at a time.

I had 2 back surgeries. Counting before and after both, spent about 5 years on pain pills. The human body gets addicted completely after about 30 days is what most studies show. Nearly lost everything. Everything...not financially...my wife, kids, everything that matters. Opiates are the devil brother

To each their own. There’s a direct correlation between ALL drugs and violent crimes or crime in general. To think this solves any problems other than “thinning the herd” of worthless drug addicts is asinine.

The state will demand millions for addiction treatment from the fed because addictions will more than triple. Its not a surprise i said it would happen.

Reactions: AM64
I’m cool with whatever someone does in the privacy of their own home.... I don’t want it to be allowed out in public.... dealing or using.
You think it will stay inside the home? This thought process made sodomy legal and now our kids are being fed it in their schools.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
I feel you here... and i surely know some worthless seeming drug addicts bro. I have seen men that are as good as they come lose everything...including their lives too. Addiction is a BEAST in all its ugly forms...whether food, gambling, cheating/sex, or heroin. It doesn't discriminate, it IS the roaring lion walking about..to see what souls it may devour. Next to Pride, I think addiction is the devils favorite tool with which he destroys men. Maybe those lucky, or wise, or strong, enough to avoid those pitfalls should just count themselves as blessed...and have pity for those who can't, won't, or dont.... it can be hard. My wife and I have raised my nephew for years, and are going to adopt him, because his parents are lost to the functioning world...I have had my own battles with addiction though, pain pills after 2 back surgeries nearly cost me everything that matters to me...so its easy for me to have empathy for those that fall . Millions of Americans destroyed in this opiate epidemic...I dont think legalizing heroin will turn out the way Oregon thinks it will....

I am glad you are doing better. I have seen so many people go down the dark path of becoming a slave to addictive liquids and chemicals. I myself drink plenty of beer....too much actually in my opinion. However, I don't really have cravings for it if am am not drinking. I know others that do. They will have a drink first thing in the morning to get their day started. That's rough as it gets. Even worse are all those friends I have lost to either death, or prison because Opiates or Meth got its claws in them.

I think you describe it best when you describe addiction as a devouring lion. No laws, for or against drugs can stop addiction. Throwing addicts in prison absolutely doesn't do the addict or society any good at all, and addiction isn't going anywhere any time soon. The war on drugs generally costs taxpayers lost of money, and enriches criminal gangs. It's a war we will never win with the strong arm of the law.

We should question anyone and everyone..... the only one responsible for yourself is yourself....everyone should know how addictive pain medication is and take as little as needed to do the job....I was prescribed hydros due to an abscessed tooth..... I took half a does bc that was all I needed to give me some relief.... I would never make pain medication a routine part of my life if at all possible..... the problem typically isn’t from being overprescribed(although it happens) it usually happens for taking above the dosage prescribed.
Lol I didn't ask for a story, just a yes or no. Is it the individual's responsibility to know the correct dosages?

You know damn well the answer is no. It is the doctor's responsibility to evaluate each patient and prescribe the appropriate drug and the appropriate amount. Doctors were paid by Purdue to knowingly overprescribe non-addicts and to knowingly keep an open trade line for addicts to legally obtain the same drugs they would be arrested for had they bought them off the street.

In 2020, yeah most people are aware of the dangers of pain killers. That doesn't exonerate doctors from malpractice or their Hippocratic oaths at any point in time. Doctors had been overprecribing since the mid 90s when Oxy was introduced. How were the individuals supposed to know their doctors were overprescribing? They didn't have 15 years of an opioid epidemic to reference like we do now. Your anecdotes are as relevant as your ability to answer a yes/no question.

This entire situation could not more clearly illustrate how big pharma and crooked doctors fabricated a generation of addicts, then actively and knowingly maintained a vehicle to keep these people addicted. It also seamlessly ties in to further expose the train wreck that is the war on drugs.

VN Store

Back