Our chances at Oregon.....

I just hope its not so bad that all of the idiot crowd start screaming for another coach.

Oh wait, they will probably start that after the first punt of the season!

:loco:

I am convinced that an Oregon victory was inevitable, but not the "shellacking UT received." From watching that well-oiled Oregon machine operate on a regular basis, I am sure that you will agree that there are times when an offense is simply clicking on all cylinders from the outset. When your team is in that proverbial "zone," you do not want any stoppage of action.

The length of that rain delay unquestionably took the edge off of our momentum. If there had been no delay, I believe that Tennessee would have extended its lead but Oregon still would have come back to win in the second half. Although we are not privy to locker room adjustments, I am also convinced that Oregon was able to escalate the implementation of adjustments, which otherwise would have come at halftime.

And somehow it gave Oregon the momentum. Huh, but that was Tennessee weather, your advantage. I guess good teams don't make excuses and pull together when it's crunch time. No matter the circumstances.

Save the excuses from the last game, another game is coming soon. Hope I don't hear the sun was in my eyes this next game.

I'll be at the game. Looking forward to some friendly chit chat before/after the game.

And somehow it gave Oregon the momentum. Huh, but that was Tennessee weather, your advantage.

sorry but this part was wrong. There was no advantage to weather that's not often seen in TN.

the rest of your "good teams don't make excuses..." it would assume UT was a good team that season. They weren't and likely won't be this season either.

sorry but this part was wrong. There was no advantage to weather that's not often seen in TN.

the rest of your "good teams don't make excuses..." it would assume UT was a good team that season. They weren't and likely won't be this season either.

Point was, you weren't a good team. Yet some believe they win if not for the delay that both teams had to deal with. Oregon nutted up and took care of bidness. Like expected.

Point was, you weren't a good team. Yet some believe they win if not for the delay that both teams had to deal with. Oregon nutted up and took care of bidness. Like expected.

except the post you quoted said the exact opposite of that. It said

I am convinced that an Oregon victory was inevitable,

I believe that Tennessee would have extended its lead but Oregon still would have come back to win in the second half.

If you're going to make that claim then do it with a post that supports your position.

Is this the friendly chit chat Vol fans can look forward to before and after the game? No thanks....

Reactions: 3 people

Yeah, I don't know why we're arguing an Oregon team with Thomas, James, Barner, and a Tennessee team with, uhh, Matt Simms?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

No reason to start talkin' "stuff" on the Tenn board. Save that for home boards if you must!!

Let's keep it civil, ignore the flame posts or posts intended to draw a negative response and we'll have a much better conversation and learn a lot more.

GoDucks!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Is this the friendly chit chat Vol fans can look forward to before and after the game? No thanks....

I will say many of the Oregon fans we talked to before the game were great and seemed to be having a great time. I doubt PortlandDuck was one of them

I will say many of the Oregon fans we talked to before the game were great and seemed to be having a great time. I doubt PortlandDuck was one of them

lol thanks but I usually hangout in the bball forum. So after reading memphis fans rubbish I guess he wasn't too bad. :)

Wasn't there but I promise I'm a nice guy and won't try to rustle anyone's jimmies too much.

Listening to the Ainge show earlier and the OR DLine outweighs UT's DLine. So much for thinking we could win the line battle. Still dont like how this game is matching up for us.

Listening to the Ainge show earlier and the OR DLine outweighs UT's DLine. So much for thinking we could win the line battle. Still dont like how this game is matching up for us.

Talk about a guy with roots in Eugene, Ainge is one that got away. His brother Danny was a great athlete and was on one of the best high school bball teams I've ever seen especially in Oregon. The Singler teams were pretty good, but not as good as Danny's North Eugene team.

Our D line has been working over the O line a bit recently. Was good to hear.

So, who on your offense/defense should I be reading about?

As a smarter Duck fan advised us previously, every team has it's own obnoxious fans. By and large, practically ever exchange involving Duck fans here before this guy has been quality. Don't let one bad incident result in seeing all Duckies as meanies. Trust me on this, I've seen worse drivel by Vols fans on opponent boards from time to time.

And somehow it gave Oregon the momentum. Huh, but that was Tennessee weather, your advantage. I guess good teams don't make excuses and pull together when it's crunch time. No matter the circumstances.

Save the excuses from the last game, another game is coming soon. Hope I don't hear the sun was in my eyes this next game.

I'll be at the game. Looking forward to some friendly chit chat before/after the game.

Sir, I did not say that Oregon seized momentum from the rain delay; I said simply that it blunted Tennessee's momentum and that it probably allowed Oregon the opportunity to make adjustments that otherwise might not have been fully implemented until halftime. You really should work on your reading comprehension skills.

Incidentally, I presume that you do believe in momentum within the context of college football games. In retrospect, I believe that it would be accurate to say that the overwhelming majority of Tennessee fans were shocked at how well we played, against a program of Oregon's current stature, prior to the delay. When you are red hot, you simply do not want a stoppage of action.

Having said that, I stated something else that you conveniently ignored, i.e. Oregon still would have won in the second half. I simply challenged your argument regarding the inevitability of a "shellacking," given the manner in which events unfolded up to that point.

Oh, and for the record, GoDucks349 has represented your fan base exceptionally well as a visitor to our website. You would be well served to take a page out of his book regarding diplomacy.

Sir, I did not say that Oregon seized momentum from the rain delay; I said simply that it blunted Tennessee's momentum and that it probably allowed Oregon the opportunity to make adjustments that otherwise might not have been fully implemented until halftime. You really should work on your reading comprehension skills.

Incidentally, I presume that you do believe in momentum within the context of college football games. In retrospect, I believe that it would be accurate to say that the overwhelming majority of Tennessee fans were shocked at how well we played, against a program of Oregon's current stature, prior to the delay. When you are red hot, you simply do not want a stoppage of action.

Having said that, I stated something else that you conveniently ignored, i.e. Oregon still would have won in the second half. I simply challenged your argument regarding the inevitability of a "shellacking," given the manner in which events unfolded up to that point.

Oh, and for the record, GoDucks349 has represented your fan base exceptionally well as a visitor to our website. You would be well served to take a page out of his book regarding diplomacy.

Just leave it alone. Oregon fans aren't used to being good in football, so they don't know how to act.

So, who on your offense/defense should I be reading about?

POduck- we should have a few guys that you might want to look up:

Offense: Our entire O line, not just me but prognosticators are saying EVRYONE of these starters will be playing on Sunday -if not next year then 2015. They will definitely be the best o line Oregon sees this year. Especially Tiny Richardson. Wish i knew what the offense was going to look like but, new coaches, schemes etc.

Defense: look for Mcullers, 6-8, 350 D tackle. largest player in D1- he will be really good this year. AJ johnson at LB and our safeties are excellent, some of the best in the SEC.

Should be an exciting game...

since 2002 the ducks are 3-2 against sec
two wins vs Miss St 2002-3
win vs Big Orange 2010
Lost vs Auburn 2010
Lost vs LSU 2011

VN Store

Back