Our chances at Oregon.....

I know one thing, if we somehow pull an upset at Oregon, they will be 20+ post in the next day(prob in 10 mins after the game) on how we will win a NC this year.

I know one thing, if we somehow pull an upset at Oregon, they will be 20+ post in the next day(prob in 10 mins after the game) on how we will win a NC this year.

For the record, you don't think we'll win a NC this season?

Not a true fan IMO

Beginning? Maybe, but I'm still convinced the shellacking UT received was inevitable. A game is 4 quarters still right? The beginning doesn't define the WHOLE game. Oregon was/is a second half team. Both sides of the ball make good adjustments and BOOM, game over.

You remember those adjustments?

Both teams had to deal with a delay, Oregon just did what they typically do.....make good adjustments, and then the game was over.

yes you won that game.
But lets put things in perspective shall we ?

Oregon is in the middle of a all time Historic High run for their football program, while Tennessee is in the middle of a all time Historic low for ours. Never in our history have we had 3 losing seasons in a row, so while you did beat us keep in mind it wasn't anywhere near our usual.

As for this year you haven't won anything yet and until you prove it on the field I wont give you anything.

I expect and hope your team thinks exactly like you do, because if they do, they will be in for a very long day.

cheers

yes you won that game.
But lets put things in perspective shall we ?

Oregon is in the middle of a all time Historic High run for their football program, while Tennessee is in the middle of a all time Historic low for ours. Never in our history have we had 3 losing seasons in a row, so while you did beat us keep in mind it wasn't anywhere near our usual.

As for this year you haven't won anything yet and until you prove it on the field I wont give you anything.

I expect and hope your team thinks exactly like you do, because if they do, they will be in for a very long day.

cheers

I'd swear I was listening to a Husky fan. Sorry, but it's funny. I bet when you were up and Bama was down you didn't cut them much slack.

I've said they'll win. What's wrong with that? This thread is full of comments that need some perspective. Oregon should win and one thing Oregon is pretty good at is not losing the games you're supposed to win. I have a lot of confidence in the team and the coaching staff. They haven't won anything yet, but they have proved themselves previously. Tennessee, well you have been trying to gain traction again. I hope you do, I'm sick of seeing Bama being handed things. As their permanent cross division game I'd like to see UT rise again and actually put another game on their again weak schedule.

I can't wait to see how amped up and excited the stadium will be. I've never missed a storied programs visit to Autzen in over 20 years. Gonna be fun.

Reactions: 1 person
And somehow it gave Oregon the momentum. Huh, but that was Tennessee weather, your advantage. I guess good teams don't make excuses and pull together when it's crunch time. No matter the circumstances.

Save the excuses from the last game, another game is coming soon. Hope I don't hear the sun was in my eyes this next game.

I'll be at the game. Looking forward to some friendly chit chat before/after the game.

Apparently you didnt watch the superbowl because the ravens had ALL of the momentum then the power outage came and the momentum swung to SF......it can cause a team that is playing on fire to go into a lull and a team that has been playing sloppy to get their stuff straight......am i saying we wouldve won, no but i bet it wouldve been more likely if it wasnt for the delay

Last edited:
I'd swear I was listening to a Husky fan. Sorry, but it's funny. I bet when you were up and Bama was down you didn't cut them much slack.

I've said they'll win. What's wrong with that? This thread is full of comments that need some perspective. Oregon should win and one thing Oregon is pretty good at is not losing the games you're supposed to win. I have a lot of confidence in the team and the coaching staff. They haven't won anything yet, but they have proved themselves previously. Tennessee, well you have been trying to gain traction again. I hope you do, I'm sick of seeing Bama being handed things. As their permanent cross division game I'd like to see UT rise again and actually put another game on their again weak schedule.

I can't wait to see how amped up and excited the stadium will be. I've never missed a storied programs visit to Autzen in over 20 years. Gonna be fun.

'Weak schedule', by Phil Steele (pretty good analyst) the ducks have the 58th toughest and the Vols have the 19th. It appears the ducks need to add a little more meat to their schedule GBO!

Phil Steele’s 2013 College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings

'Weak schedule', by Phil Steele (pretty good analyst) the ducks have the 58th toughest and the Vols have the 19th. It appears the ducks need to add a little more meat to their schedule GBO!

Phil Steele’s 2013 College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings

Preseason rankings mean nothing. Always teams that surprise or fall. Bama is 40th....which is who I was talking about.

Adding meat isn't always easy when a lot of teams don't want to play you. Only reason you are still playing us is we shamed you into it. You were wanting to back out. Enough teams have made an agreement to play and then backed out.....looking at you Georgia and Kansas state.

Saying steele is pretty good is also very debatable.

Apparently you didnt watch the superbowl because the ravens had ALL of the momentum then the power outage came and the momentum swung to SF......it can cause a team that is playing on fire to go into a lull and a team that has been playing sloppy to get their stuff straight......am i saying we wouldve won, no but i bet it wouldve been more likely if it wasnt for the delay

Who won......momentum changes happen in every game. Typically, the better team wins.

Preseason rankings mean nothing. Always teams that surprise or fall. Bama is 40th....which is who I was talking about.

Adding meat isn't always easy when a lot of teams don't want to play you. Only reason you are still playing us is we shamed you into it. You were wanting to back out. Enough teams have made an agreement to play and then backed out.....looking at you Georgia and Kansas state.

you think way to much of yourself.

this is what I dont understand about you.
No one in this thread has trashed talked Oregon in anyway, in fact our fan base has a lot of respect for Oregon and your fans. Yet you come in here crapping all over us.

it seems your not happy unless your being ugly and insulting.

Reactions: 4 people

You brought up our weak sos, i was just pointing out it was not by Phil Steele. Most viewed sos on google. I guess your crystal ball is a little more accurate, oh wait i forgotwill you guys have yet to achieve a crystal ball. As far UT not wanting to play oregon that was said by the few people, never heard the coaches say this game was not going to happen and there is no way a few duck fans shamed the University of Tennessee into playing a game. That is pretty funny. GBO!

You brought up our weak sos, i was just pointing out it was not by Phil Steele. Most viewed sos on google. I guess your crystal ball is a little more accurate, oh wait i forgotwill you guys have yet to achieve a crystal ball. As far UT not wanting to play oregon that was said by the few people, never heard the coaches say this game was not going to happen and there is no way a few duck fans shamed the University of Tennessee into playing a game. That is pretty funny. GBO!

Lol....you should reread my post. I mentioned Alabama's schedule, and how I hope Tennessee would get better to make Alabama's schedule stronger. but you go ahead and read what you want to.

Who won......momentum changes happen in every game. Typically, the better team wins.

The ravens did win but if it wasnt for momentum swinging it wouldve been a blowout.

UT had some momentum....then,Boom....storm.

Ask Michigan and appy state if the bettwr team always wins

The ravens did win but if it wasnt for momentum swinging it wouldve been a blowout.

UT had some momentum....then,Boom....storm.

Ask Michigan and appy state if the bettwr team always wins

Guess you don't know the meaning of typically. I didn't say always.....YOU did.

Wasn't that supposed to happen last game? Oh wait, that storm came....I forgots.

Do you not share my optimism and good spirits? I am excited that we are only weeks away from football.

Will you not share the happiness and excitement with me?

Preseason rankings mean nothing.

Funny quote coming from the a**hat crowing about his #3 preseason ranking on another team's MB.

Oh geez, you better hope your team isn't as soft/sensitive as its fans.

Only reason you are still playing us is we shamed you into it.

Wasn't that supposed to happen last game? Oh wait, that storm came....I forgots.

Are you always a d*ck, or just from the anonymity of a keyboard?

Never yet used ignore here. You, sir, are making a solid case.

I've got no reason to harp on your schedule. You all had the balls to keep your agreement, instead of scheduling a guaranteed win, with a current top 5 team.

Do you not share my optimism and good spirits? I am excited that we are only weeks away from football.

Will you not share the happiness and excitement with me?

Oh I do, more than you know. If you'll be in Eugene, sure.

Just laughing about all the dead duck comments from our previous game.

Funny quote coming from the a**hat crowing about his #3 preseason ranking on another team's MB.

Are you always a d*ck, or just from the anonymity of a keyboard?

Never yet used ignore here. You, sir, are making a solid case.

Haven't once crowed about a preseason ranking, carry on though.

Guess you don't know the meaning of typically. I didn't say always.....YOU did.

My point is it killed our little bit of momentum. as I said on the last page, Im not saying we wouldve won but considering what the score was its safe to assume it sure as hell would have been a decently close game

My point is it killed our little bit of momentum. as I said on the last page, Im not saying we wouldve won but considering what the score was its safe to assume it sure as hell would have been a decently close game

what you just said has nothing to do with what I said.

VN Store

Back