Phil Just Got Served?

There's gonna be lots of thunderous voices....of people wondering why they suddenly can't post anymore. :p
Banstick!

B0000664NI.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Apparently now Fulmer is denying that he received the subpoena. According to WSMV here in Nashville. If I knew how to link the story I would...

Fulmer's reported response -- that he hadn't seen it and to move on to football topics -- wasn't very well thought out. He should have just said that its a matter in litigation and that he does not comment on those, imagines that the attorneys will soon, and that he'd be glad to answer any questions about the football team.

But a glib answer ... not the way to go IMO.

The lawyers that served him claimed they approached him as he opened his SUV door. The guy said that he had something for him. He said Fulmer said he didn't want it and then the guy laid it in Fulmer's lap. He said Fulmer got up and it fell to the ground and I think he said then that Fulmer picked it up.

Yeah, disgracing the athletic department by being the only coach in modern history to cower away from Media Days isn't extraordinary.

....runneth over, don't you think?

As I remember the 04 meida day thing CPF had every intention of going and then was advised/cautioned/informed by the Univeristy attorneys not to do so. It was the only time, from what I know, he received that advise, and on every other occasion he has gone to bama, be it games, recruiting, and/or media days.

However, I am neither perfect in my behavior nor my recollections...so I could be missing something. BUT, I do not see CPF as a coward, rat, or miscreant. Like him or not as the Head Coach, I think it better for all of us not to comment on his moral character until we know rock solid what the facts are. CPF has "given his all" for Tennessee in every way possible from his playing days on, it might at times have fallen short of what we and he hoped for, but it was an effort that few other Tenn. folks have equalled.

GO VOLS stick it to bama and saban. When I die I want my tombstone to read, "Weep no tears, I would rather be here than in Tuscaloosa!":thumbsup:

The lawyers that served him claimed they approached him as he opened his SUV door. The guy said that he had something for him. He said Fulmer said he didn't want it and then the guy laid it in Fulmer's lap. He said Fulmer got up and it fell to the ground and I think he said then that Fulmer picked it up.

I was always taught to never accept anything from strangers... especially in Alabama.

Fulmer's reported response -- that he hadn't seen it and to move on to football topics -- wasn't very well thought out. He should have just said that its a matter in litigation and that he does not comment on those, imagines that the attorneys will soon, and that he'd be glad to answer any questions about the football team.

There is nothing wrong with saying he hasn't seen it, if in fact, he hasn't seen it.

....runneth over, don't you think?

As I remember the 04 meida day thing CPF had every intention of going and then was advised/cautioned/informed by the Univeristy attorneys not to do so. It was the only time, from what I know, he received that advise, and on every other occasion he has gone to bama, be it games, recruiting, and/or media days.

However, I am neither perfect in my behavior nor my recollections...so I could be missing something. BUT, I do not see CPF as a coward, rat, or miscreant. Like him or not as the Head Coach, I think it better for all of us not to comment on his moral character until we know rock solid what the facts are. CPF has "given his all" for Tennessee in every way possible from his playing days on, it might at times have fallen short of what we and he hoped for, but it was an effort that few other Tenn. folks have equalled.

GO VOLS stick it to bama and saban. When I die I want my tombstone to read, "Weep no tears, I would rather be here than in Tuscaloosa!":thumbsup:
Great post i agree 100%:clapping:

Well good news is that media days wil probally no longer be in birmingham!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There is nothing wrong with saying he hasn't seen it, if in fact, he hasn't seen it.

I disagree because it gives people something to talk about. The AP story (which is now on ESPN) recites that Fulmer said he hadn't seen it. It just makes him look like a deer caught in headlights to say that. Even if he doesn't know what he got from that guy, the better approach is to just say effectively no comment, but without something that gives the story legs.

Finebaum is doing his typical schtick - he's defending Fulmer! Clearly this is designed to generate angry calls from Bama fans. Next week, he'll be trashing Fulmer.

If I'm a Bama fan, I'm rethinking my planned trip to Knoxville, right now.

That was my exact thought this morning. Having lived there for nine years until very recently, they always talk about how hostile it is when they come. I guess they will learn the definition of hostile in a few months.

Regardless of what happens, the U of A has nothing to do with this but will get the brunt of the negative publicity out of it on the Bama side. I miss the old rivalry with Bama that didn't involve all of this other crap. :(

I disagree because it gives people something to talk about. The AP story (which is now on ESPN) recites that Fulmer said he hadn't seen it. It just makes him look like a deer caught in headlights to say that. Even if he doesn't know what he got from that guy, the better approach is to just say effectively no comment, but without something that gives the story legs.

IMO saying "I haven't seen it" is the same, or maybe better than saying "I have no comment".

Like if somebody asks me what I thought about The Dark Knight, I'd say "I haven't seen it" rather than saying "No comment".

I really cannot imagine this being any more dramatic unless they took Fulmer to Judge Judy and let her hash it out in Fulmer vs. The State of Alabama.

There is no such thing as denying you know you got served. The subpoena was either handed to you or it wasn't. If the process server does an affidavit that says he served him at x time, Fulmer would look like a complete maroon trying to get a protective order claiming he didn't know what it was.

:crazy:

If they do wind up arguing the scheduling of the deposition in a hearing it will certainly not help his cause to be seen as acting intentionally evasive.

I was always taught to never accept anything from strangers... especially in Alabama.
Guess you haven't been to any Widespread shows at Oak Mountain.

VN Store

Back