Pictures of Oregon

I'm not sure what the temp is, but yeah, the wind here is pretty crazy because of the ocean. Makes it difficult, considering I had never played anything like it before. Ha. Shot 81.

Friend shot 73 though. Took the L today.

Were you shooting from the women's tee's again?

Tennessee is far more beautiful than Oregon or Washington. I went there a few months ago. 80% of Oregon and Washington is HIGH PLAINS DESERT. The coast is nice but does not compare to the mountains of Tennessee. Besides you have to put up with the "left coast" attitude. GO VOLS!

Reactions: 4 people
Tennessee is far more beautiful than Oregon or Washington. I went there a few months ago. 80% of Oregon and Washington is HIGH PLAINS DESERT. The coast is nice but does not compare to the mountains of Tennessee. Besides you have to put up with the "left coast" attitude. GO VOLS!

76% of all percentages are made up too. Some of those high plains desert are absolutely beautiful. Like the Central Oregon area. Let's not lump together all the deserts together as a wasteland please. There is more forest land than you're suggesting, and we have much bigger mountains.

Reactions: 1 person
76% of all percentages are made up too.

I'd say you have a 14% chance of being right. :p

Some of those high plains desert are absolutely beautiful. Like the Central Oregon area. Let's not lump together all the deserts together as a wasteland please. There is more forest land than you're suggesting, and we have much bigger mountains.

Seen more deserts in my life than I ever cared to (Southern Watch, OIF, OEF) so I'll take the forests.

But there is something nice about the Cascades though. With the exception of the volcanic threat though lol Something the Appalachians don't share with your range.

Well these all post sideways. Will have a lot more to post in here when I get home.

Seen lots of UT fans today. Stopped by Oregon State's campus and went inside their stadium. Had a bunch of OSU people wishing us well.

Reactions: 2 people
76% of all percentages are made up too. Some of those high plains desert are absolutely beautiful. Like the Central Oregon area. Let's not lump together all the deserts together as a wasteland please. There is more forest land than you're suggesting, and we have much bigger mountains.

I will agree, for the most part, with the above. I guess if you think high plains desert is beautiful that is ok. I was simply making the point I was surprised that most of the state of Oregon was not green and full of trees. Personally, I think Rocky Top is the most beautiful place on earth. It's what you like ...

Reactions: 2 people

Lol, no. You apparently never saw the Cascades or Olympic peninsula.

Or the coast...

Last edited:
Keep the pics coming guys, I'm jealous! Wish I could be there. Cheer a little extra loud for me at the game tomorrow! GBO

Lol, no. You apparently never saw the Cascades or Olympic peninsula.

Or the coast...

Drove right through both. Again, I am not saying Oregon does not have it's beauty as I enjoyed driving through the state. Just saying the majority of Oregon is high plains desert which is OK. What I saw is not what I imagined Oregon would look like prior to visiting. Sounds like you west coast guys are a little sensitive about all the desert in your state. Don't be as it has it's own beauty.

VN Store

Back