(Potential) Chicago Riots

You think I enjoy mocking the rioters from the peanut gallery? I am white, tho.

If you're saying you didn't find at least a slight bit of humor from the Ferguson riots I'm not sure what to make of you. When I was watching the live stream and heard a black chick telling some of the rioters that were throwing Molotov cocktails not to burn a particular restaurant because " they food good" and to "burn 'dat one instead" I couldn't help but snicker....

Reactions: 1 person
If you're saying you didn't find at least a slight bit of humor from the Ferguson riots I'm not sure what to make of you. When I was watching the live stream and heard a black chick telling some of the rioters that were throwing Molotov cocktails not to burn a particular restaurant because " they food good" and to "burn 'dat one instead" I couldn't help but snicker....
I'm thinking that there was a mixup when Ye Olde Steak House burned a few years ago, because "they food good."

I liked the Hurricane Katrina looting when one was asked why she was stealing so many (about 40 pairs) of shoes in the aftermath. She said that "my feets might get cut" while she was wading in waist deep water.

Reactions: 2 people
I just saw the video. That cop is going to prison. I don't know what he was suspected of doing, but under the circumstances I'd be hard pressed to give the cop one shot on the dude, much less 14. The guy went down on what appeared to be the first shot and made no attempt to move, yet you see white puffs of smoke coming off his body as he's being shot repeatedly after this.
I'm assuming the cop thought the knife he had was a gun.... In the dark I could see that, but damn.... They said he was reloading and another cop told him to stop

I just saw the video. That cop is going to prison. I don't know what he was suspected of doing, but under the circumstances I'd be hard pressed to give the cop one shot on the dude, much less 14. The guy went down on what appeared to be the first shot and made no attempt to move, yet you see white puffs of smoke coming off his body as he's being shot repeatedly after this.
I'm assuming the cop thought the knife he had was a gun.... In the dark I could see that, but damn.... They said he was reloading and another cop told him to stop
I find that shooting a bit hard to justify.

I don't understand why it took so long to get to this point. The kid was shot over 1 year ago, the judge already awarded 5 million to the family why are they just now arresting this guy? One look at the video is all anyone needs to charge him???

Reactions: 1 person
I don't understand why it took so long to get to this point. The kid was shot over 1 year ago, the judge already awarded 5 million to the family why are they just now arresting this guy? One look at the video is all anyone needs to charge him???

Notice they only charge the guy when they know the video will be made public. Says a lot.

Reactions: 5 people
I watched the full unedited video. There are two problems. One is that we don't know what was going on before that car arrived. Two, we are seeing it from an angle that shows NOTHING from the officer's perspective.

There may be enough other aggravating evidence to prove it was completely unnecessary, from start to finish. Or that at some point a few seconds in it was excessive.

But based solely on the video? I'm not seeing enough to conclude much of anything.

Reactions: 3 people
I watched the full unedited video. There are two problems. One is that we don't know what was going on before that car arrived. Two, we are seeing it from an angle that shows NOTHING from the officer's perspective.

There may be enough other aggravating evidence to prove it was completely unnecessary, from start to finish. Or that at some point a few seconds in it was excessive.

But based solely on the video? I'm not seeing enough to conclude much of anything.

It's his actions after the first shot.... He did have a knife and was obviously not acknowledging the police commands..... I'm torn on the first shot.... Questionable to over the top.... It doesn't matter... Because the cop then empties his weapon in the guy.... Not in one second, but over what?...... 15 seconds. Keep in mind the guy went down on the first shot and essentially didn't move afterwards.

It's his actions after the first shot.... He did have a knife and was obviously not acknowledging the police commands..... I'm torn on the first shot.... Questionable to over the top.... It doesn't matter... Because the cop then empties his weapon in the guy.... Not in one second, but over what?...... 15 seconds. Keep in mind the guy went down on the first shot and essentially didn't move afterwards.

"Essentially didn't move"?

I saw at least some. And that's from a bad angle. And if the cop did not think he was still a threat, why kick the knife away?

Again, it could be as it appears, but knowing how misleading video can be, I'm struggling to find this as conclusive as others apparently do.

Reactions: 2 people
"Essentially didn't move"?

I saw at least some. And that's from a bad angle. And if the cop did not think he was still a threat, why kick the knife away?

Again, it could be as it appears, but knowing how misleading video can be, I'm struggling to find this as conclusive as others apparently do.

He shot the guy 16 times counselor. He went down after the first shot, he was no longer a threat.

Murder starts where self defense ends.

Reactions: 4 people

This is about as clear cut as it gets. Not sure what you were watching.

VN Store

Back