(Potential) Chicago Riots

I can't see what he sees, can you? And I don't know what happened before this car got there, do you ?

What could he have possibly seen to warrant such a response that isn't evident from the dash cam?

The department knew this was a big **** up. That's why they made up a story about him lunging at the officers, and that's why they refused to show the video until they were ordered to by the courts.

So any time a person is shot once and goes down, the threat is always over?

To use a knife, you need to be in close range. The kid was shot and on the ground. At what point does peppering him with bullets after he's down constitute a serious overreaction, in your mind?

Was he scared he was going to throw the knife at them with the skill of a ninja after he was shot and fell to the ground?

You're letting your occupation interfere with logic and, in my opinion, morality.

Reactions: 4 people
It's his actions after the first shot.... He did have a knife and was obviously not acknowledging the police commands..... I'm torn on the first shot.... Questionable to over the top.... It doesn't matter... Because the cop then empties his weapon in the guy.... Not in one second, but over what?...... 15 seconds. Keep in mind the guy went down on the first shot and essentially didn't move afterwards.

He also was the only cop to fire his weapon, eye witness statements do not say the victim lunged at anyone, and this ass hat fired his gun in less then 30 seconds arriving on scene.

Irrelevant. It has no bearing. They go off frame, which is why the first video doesn't tell the whole story.

We can see this kid get murdered plain as day. ****ing murdered.

In the first video, the kid looks like he is just walking away and the officer is following behind and just shoots him in the back.

In the second, you can see that the kid points a gun behind him. Its blocked in the first video.

In the Chicago case, you do not know what happened before the car got there. Did the kid lunge at an officer with a knife? As he's walking off to the side, did the kid point the knife at the officer? Did the kid make statements that he was going to kill someone, the officer, someone else? Did he look at the officer and appear from his perspective to be coming toward him, raising the knife, even slightly?

When he was shot the first time, was that shot fatal? If so, is it not the case that the other shots, while unnecessary, may not be relevant to a murder charge, because they caused no harm? And even if not, when he was shot, did he not spin around? What was he saying? Could the officer, from his perspective, have believed the guy was going to come at him so he fired again?

And when he was on the ground, was he saying anything? Was he pointing the knife at the officer? From the officer's perspective, did it appear that he was trying to get up?

It may well be that the officer is totally or at least partially in the wrong. All I am saying is that you cannot base all judgments in this case on the video. It is not complete information, and it is from an angle that is not of much use.

Reactions: 3 people
In the first video, the kid looks like he is just walking away and the officer is following behind and just shoots him in the back.

In the second, you can see that the kid points a gun behind him. Its blocked in the first video.

In the Chicago case, you do not know what happened before the car got there. Did the kid lunge at an officer with a knife? As he's walking off to the side, did the kid point the knife at the officer? Did the kid make statements that he was going to kill someone, the officer, someone else? Did he look at the officer and appear from his perspective to be coming toward him, raising the knife, even slightly?

When he was shot the first time, was that shot fatal? If so, is it not the case that the other shots, while unnecessary, may not be relevant to a murder charge, because they caused no harm? And even if not, when he was shot, did he not spin around? What was he saying? Could the officer, from his perspective, have believed the guy was going to come at him so he fired again?

And when he was on the ground, was he saying anything? Was he pointing the knife at the officer? From the officer's perspective, did it appear that he was trying to get up?

It may well be that the officer is totally or at least partially in the wrong. All I am saying is that you cannot base all judgments in this case on the video. It is not complete information, and it is from an angle that is not of much use.

It's not that he shot the guy.... It's that over a 15 second period he shoot him 16 times! Whether he initial shot was justified is debatable.... Popping caps like bubble wrap in a crumpled heap on the pavement is not

Reactions: 2 people
Funny how you hear nothing about 2 black officer in Louisiana who killed an unarmed white man and his child... I guess it does not fit the correct agenda

Reactions: 7 people
Funny how you hear nothing about 2 black officer in Louisiana who killed an unarmed white man and his child... I guess it does not fit the correct agenda

1.) Those cops have already been arrested when it took a year to arrest this guy.
2.) if you pay attention to the news then you know this happened. Widely reported on.

1.) Those cops have already been arrested when it took a year to arrest this guy.
2.) if you pay attention to the news then you know this happened. Widely reported on.

Why is not on cable new 24hrs a day with constant town halls disucssion and the president commenting on it?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back