Recruiting Football Talk VII

Fishers last 7 years coaching, he never won more than 8 games. Previous to that, he won more than 8 games 6 times…in 22 years. He is definition of mediocre and why he hasn’t been employed in the nfl since 2016
More than that, the early success he did have was because of Floyd Reese. Look at his career post Floyd.

Reactions: mrMet
I have a few good friends that are good, solid folks who are Alabama fans. I have casual acquaintances who are relatively decent folks who are Florida and Georgia fans. I have lived in middle Tennessee all my life (except the 6 years I was in school in Knoxville) and I can honestly say that I don't know a single person who is an avowed Peabody fan that isn't an arrogant piss-ant. I know people who root for them occasionally out of pity when it is convenient. But the "true" fans I have encountered are either delusional or detestable human beings.
What I'm getting is you hang out with people of questionable integrity.....

I’m a huge Vols fan. I’m also a Grizz fan. After a night of sleeping, I have these thoughts:

Would I have loved the Grizz to draft Knecht? Absolutely!

Would he have been a fit on this team? Yes, like a glove.

Was he a need? Not necessarily, unless he was to replace Luke Kennard in the rotation.

Do I have a problem with Zach Edey on the team? No

Should the Grizz have traded back and then drafted Edey? Absolutely

The Grizz needed a center that will play 20-25 mpg and set screens and rebound the basketball, which is what Steven Adams’ job was. Edey won’t be asked much. I worry about his long term conditioning in the Grizz’ system.

I know Vol fans are angry with the Grizz passing on Knecht. I would’ve loved nothing more than to see him in a Grizz uniform. But I do find it laughable that Vol fans think the Grizz and the Titans for that matter are sabotaging the state. The Grizzlies have thrown a bone at UT fans and acquired 3 Vols in the last decade: Stokes, Pons, and Chandler. Unfortunately, neither panned out.
I don't think they're "sabotaging the state". I think they're sabotaging themselves. I just don't agree with their assessment of Edey as a player having watched him play. If I'm wrong, bring me the receipts later and I'll freely admit it. But right now, you're not going to convince me that I'm wrong. I think it was a bad pick.

VN Store

Back