Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Another diet that works and isn't as extreme as keto is the paleo diet.

So you're eating what our pre agricultural revolution ancestors ate.

Meat, Vegetables, fruit and nuts.

That way you don't have to completely take out all sugars. It's really just the bread and carbs that we eat way too much of and then people eat waaaay too much. Calorie deficit, healthy foods and exercise.

Not to be argumentative, but for certain desired outcomes, it works great. Seems that the longer you do keto, the quicker your body goes into ketosis. That's why the Metabolic Diet and TNT diets make you do straight keto for at least 4 week, because then once you break keto for a day or so, your body can get back into it quicker. Insulin is a muscle growth hormone, and it is release as a response to carbs. As I understand it, keto puts the body into muscle-loss zone. It helps to break it by creating an insulin response occasionally if you want to gain/preserve muscle.

But agreed, if you have lots of weight to lose, don't break keto. If you're trying to lose a bit of weight without losing muscle (or possibly even gaining muscle), carb cycling is great.
That's where weight training becomes very beneficial. I know it's anecdotal but if I avoid the low carb breads, and snacks, like my coke zero/carb smart vanilla coke floats, I tend to continue to lose weight. If I use those products, I tend to maintain and even gain a pound or two. If I "keto" during the week and eat carbs on the weekend, my weight will go up a couple of pounds. Back on keto for the week and I lose them.

Bama v UGA perspective:

UGA beating Bama (better, destroying Bama) does more for us than Bama winning imo.

UGA losing on the road to Bama doesn't change much long-term for UGA. They're going to be good for a while. Bama winning would make a statement that Deboer could keep that train rolling and that the Tide aren't going anywhere.

But UGA beating them in Tuscaloosa could be a sign that Bama's longevity at the top is coming to an end and Deboer isn't in the top tier. It'll also make Bama fans lose their minds and fight each other, which will be funny. Then the Vols will have an opportunity for a death blow in Neyland to signify that we are taking over their spot in the pecking order.

Bama v UGA perspective:

UGA beating Bama (better, destroying Bama) does more for us than Bama winning imo.

UGA losing on the road to Bama doesn't change much long-term for UGA. They're going to be good for a while. Bama winning would make a statement that Deboer could keep that train rolling and that the Tide aren't going anywhere.

But UGA beating them in Tuscaloosa could be a sign that Bama's longevity at the top is coming to an end and Deboer isn't in the top tier. It'll also make Bama fans lose their minds and fight each other, which will be funny. Then the Vols will have an opportunity for a death blow in Neyland to signify that we are taking over their spot in the pecking order.
That all makes sense but I would offer that it might be better for Bama win for the short term. I think there is a higher probability that of the two we lose to GA simply because it's at their house. If we were to beat alabama and lose to ga, then Bama beats ga, all would have one loss to each other. I think that gives us the best chance of the playoffs.

Last edited:
All this diet talk and at lunch I will go to Arby's and purchase a Double Beef&Cheddar with a large Curly Fry with a large milkshake. Then stop at Shoneys and get dessert.

Then not gain a ounce.😂😂👀
you-suck-suck.gif

"Hey Fellas" Steve (from Lexington)

I didn't mean a bunch of fat boys when I posted that earlier. I meant dudes.

Every poster that chimed in sounds like they're at least 6'3" 250 lbs+. We can whoop any other forum on VN.
I may not be as big as some of these morans, but I am slow and generally not really all that useful in a fight.

All this diet talk and at lunch I will go to Arby's and purchase a Double Beef&Cheddar with a large Curly Fry with a large milkshake. Then stop at Shoneys and get dessert.

Then not gain an ounce.😂😂👀
You’re either 20 or there’s a hit of ecstasy in the Shoney’s parking lot you’re not telling us.

Bama v UGA perspective:

The best is Bama beats UGA (who will also lose to TX and eliminate them from SECC)

We beat Bama at home (clinches us the tie breaker and qualifies us for SECC)

We beat UGA in Athens. UGA is now out of playoff picture too. His offense now looks outdated and he will be pressured to change coordinators again.

Kirby has had our number. We need Georgia more than Bama for recruiting. DeBoer recruits nationally more than regionally.

That sequence is best for our needs.

Last edited:
That's where weight training becomes very beneficial. I know it's anecdotal but if I avoid the low carb breads, and snacks, like my coke zero/carb smart vanilla coke floats, I tend to continue to lose weight. If I use those products, I tend to maintain and even gain a pound or two. If I "keto" during the week and eat carbs on the weekend, my weight will go up a couple of pounds. Back on keto for the week and I lose them.
(You know what you call several anecdotes? Statistical data. lolol)

Yah. I think I blurred a couple of my posts. In the specific diet plans I mentioned, weight training is highly, highly suggested. Specifically full body workouts.

And the TNT book describes that the weight training will actually use up the glycogen stores in the muscles and put you into ketosis quicker after you break it. (As an aside, that's one of several reasons that full body workouts are so important to the plan, as opposed to classic muscle group splits. Fully body workouts empty all the muscles of that glycogen.) Basically, you spend a day or so out of ketosis, your body converts the initial carbs into glycogen and fills the empty muscle tissue with that as fuel for immediate strenuous activities (like resistance training). But your muscles can only store so much glycogen, so when they are full, they are full. Any more carbs become fat (which is a limitless storage tank... ugh!).

When you go back on keto:

1. You go back into ketosis quicker since your body has been trained to do it.
2. Your next workout will deplete the glycogen stores in your muscle tissues, putting you back into ketosis quicker.
3. The next couple of days of serious ketosis will begin to drop whatever fats you may have stored over the weekend.
4. The next few days of serious ketosis should burn even more fat, leading to net loss over the week.

So, net effect is slower weight loss, better muscle preservation/gains.

Then not gain a ounce.😂😂👀
Ha! I'm the same way. Genetics are tough to overcome, for better sometimes or for worse.

I'm not @peaygolf, and it's slightly more than $50, but this putter is great.

Though someone really needs to see your putter stroke to make a good recommendation. Some folks do better with a center balanced putter like the above (I do). Others not so much. Really, you just need to go to a golf shop and putt with several types. See what works best for you.
Just noticed your tagline...lol

Perfect..👍

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back