Recruiting Football Talk VIII

My mom passed away tonight. She finally submitted to dementia. I’m almost 48 years old and somehow I just feel like a sad kid inside.
My condolences and I wish the best for you and your family. I think I'll call my mom today. Lost my dad two years ago. It's sad. But as time goes on, the memories are sweet and not so much freighted with grief. The feeling of being lucky to have known such a great person emerges. May that happen for you too.

That's true. I try to avoid all oils period. I'd rather fry in butter if possible.

Yeah real butter is a good choice. Of course rendered fats from actual meat is also good, but too expensive to use beef tallow on the regular and bacon grease is a go-to option for frying eggs usually.

Fired chicken wings are great, just avoid the breaded ones.
Yep. Sugar industry went to the gov't. "Here's a bunch of studies we paid for that show that fat is evil and your kids should be eating bowls of candy in milk for breakfast!"

Govt: "Look at this food pyramid. This is the ticket."

My grandparents, eating their fatback: "That's the stupidest **** I've ever seen."

Current culture: "What's up with all these morbidly obese people? Where did this juvenile diabetes come from? Why has heart disease increased? Guess we're not cutting enough fats. Put more sugars in the low-fat health food and let's all get better at this weight management thing."

Who do you think wins? I think Alabama probably wins.

meteor

but seriously yes i agree bama pulls it out in a very tight one. Kirby is going to unleash everything but I fear bama may still be fully stocked post-saban and have the better team chemistry as it stands right now. but its the closest game to a coin flip ive had all year. will be a great game to watch albeit the wrong color uniforms

Yep. Sugar industry went to the gov't. "Here's a bunch of studies we paid for that show that fat is evil and your kids should be eating bowls of candy in milk for breakfast!"

Govt: "Look at this food pyramid. This is the ticket."

My grandparents, eating their fatback: "That's the stupidest **** I've ever seen."

Current culture: "What's up with all these morbidly obese people? Where did this juvenile diabetes come from? Why has heart disease increased? Guess we're not cutting enough fats. Put more sugars in the low-fat health food and let's all get better at this weight management thing."
1727365263605.png

in my re watch of the game, both christian harrison and will brooks made a few fantastic plays in the open field that helped kill drives. Our secondary really played lights out that game beside the garbage time big play, which could have been worse if not for effort
I am not picking on Brooks... I just noticed this yesterday, but did you see how lost he was on the last TD Oklahoma score - the rushing QB flip TD. If you watch the play again, watch the motion man and Brooks follow him but as the play is snapped Brooks is expecting to hand him off to the DB as the slot guy breaks inside - either that or he should have just followed him.

But either way, dude was wide open in the top of the endzone and the QB never saw him... and scrambled for the TD anyway.

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 9.45.12 AM.png

I hate death 🙏
Death is never a great experience for those of us left to mourn the loss of our loved one. As a believer, I rejoice for other believers that are called to their Heavenly home to be in the presence of the creator for eternity. I pray that those that don't know the peace that comes with that understanding would have their hearts softened and their eyes opened to the calm and peace that comes from accepting that gift of salvation.

Any of you ever hunt ginseng? This is in the "mountains of Tennessee". . .

I have some behind my house. At least I did have some. Caught my neighbor literally 50 yards behind my house, right in the middle of my property digging it up. I said wtf do you think you are doing? He said I didn't think you would mind. I said is it ok if I go to your property and start taking your ****? He said he'd leave.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back