Recruiting Football Talk VIII

We put a lot of deep shots to WRs from 3-5 wide in the opener on film and then came in and ran mostly 12 personnel outside of situational football. Gotta think that was intentional.

It’s weird to see a blowout and know that it should have been uglier. If Nico doesn’t get hit into a pick 6, we probably score and it ends up 58-3 with Nico having a 3-4 TD : 1 INT statline
He’ll learn (or probably already has). On the pick six, he hesitated and stayed on that read too long

Did anyone bet the 1st qtr for the UTC game? I guess we won that, so "The Frst Quarter Boyss" are 2-0. 1-0 for me, since I didnt have the 1st qtr option vs UTC.

I wonder what is the best bet gonna be for our game this week?
View attachment 674713
New "First Quarter Boys" logos are out! Which one is the best?
Screenshots_2024-09-08-09-19-09.pngScreenshots_2024-09-08-09-21-57.pngScreenshots_2024-09-08-09-21-07.pngScreenshots_2024-09-08-09-20-23.png

NCState also wasn’t throwing much more than short passes. They were aware of the danger and tried to limit it.
That and McCall doesn’t have NFL arm strength so they didn’t want the ball hanging in the air for a long time unless it’s a wide open pass like the KC Concepcion motion pass they got.

Our DBs have played really well so far. Hoping they continue that trend against QBs that can actually take the top off a defense.

So what’s up with Pearce? He’s been a little more MIA than I figured he’d be so far. Playing cautious because of the draft? Just drawing so much attention from the OL? Or is CJH limiting reps until we need him for SEC play?
He’s in

The rest of the dline is making plays bc of the amount of focus the opposing oline puts on him

I want to read their posts, drink their tears, and then cheer for them to win the ACC.
Still catching up from the night shift and all, but... Really? No one has imported NCSU message board tears and respect yet?

anchorman-amateur-hour.gif

No, I don't think the safeties coach has anything to do with the interior Dline getting 5 yards of push every play. I don't think that has anything to do with Banks play calling, and I don't think he had very much to do with the recruitment of those guys either.

So, no.
Hot takes have set fire to the entire site!
bBq53r.gif

My boys and I just got home from the game. This was their first UT game and it could not have been better. From the flyover of the C17 during the national anthem, to the pick six, to us purely dominating…

My boys told me on the way home this experience was amazing and then passed out asleep.

GBO!
Well done, Daddy! … (no TWSSs)

I'm not giving Banks a bunch of credit for Rodney Garner's unit. Sorry. If telling Tyre West to push the guard all the way to the endzone is in Banks play call then I take it all back.
Did Tim Banks kick your personal bucket of light bulbs and you wanted to be the one to kick it and now you have placed him on your personal lifetime enemies list?

Anybody notice the play early on that appeared to be a screen choice? I’ll try to find it. IIRC, It was a screen and Sampson drifted left and a TE came across in front of him. The LB had to chose which to cover and chose Sampson, then Nico hit the TE. It was a beautiful playcall
I loved that call.

Reactions: SmokinBob

VN Store

Back