Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the fake injury situation, here is how you handle it: NCAA needs to pass a rule where injured players cannot return on that drive, they have to wait til next possession to go in.
That won't change much in critical situations. They would just put a plan in place for the least critical player on defense to fake it. I think it needs to be that you are out for the remainder of the quarter or the remainder of the half if this is really about "player safety".

Nearly 5 hours of entertainment. Kudos to the players and the coaches. Gave a top 15 team all it could handle and if not for the refs, we might have won. This is a fun team to watch unlike the last 3 years.
Boom! Agreed! The next few weeks may not be fun without Hooker, but this has been a fun ride. Get healthy for the last 2 and bowl game.

I think maybe the strategy against Corral was to not let him beat us with his arm. He came into the game completing 69.2% of his passes for an average of 10.3 yards per attempt. His passer rating was 182.43. Through the air this was his worst game of the year, by far, including his performance against Alabama. Aside from their game against Alabama this was their lowest point total on the year as well as lowest number of yards not counting Alabama. Obviously they still had enough of both but maybe that was the best we thought we could do to slow down their offense. It almost worked. jmo.

ScreenHunter 790.png

I imagine Ole miss players walking around campus and just randomly dropping with a cramp. Got to practice the acting.
I don't blame the teams for taking advantage of it. I blame the league for not putting a rule in place. You're done for the series if we stop the clock. You're done for the quarter if we stop the clock. Something. These are obviously fake, and it's been happening for years, but they don't even address it or act like it's a problem.

I get that spotting balls is hard (and is the line judges responsibility), but if I'm doing it I want to forget the sticks exist. I dont want to know exactly where the marker is because I dont want that to cloud my decision.

So then why do officials constantly try to find the line before they make the spot? Not just last night but any game you watch - they find the line and then place it short or far and then dont even measure. There is no way to read this that doesn't come off bad.

Milton probably does poorly vs Bama...but if there's a way to beat a Bama defense (ESPECIALLY if Evans is out) is to beat them over the top. I know the likelihood is low, but if he can find lightning in a bottle, he's the sort of threat that gives you a chance.

Fwiw he seems like a better runner than HH too.
Bahahahaha hooker has been playing through a small injury. Milton goes down when someone comes at him. Crazy talk to say Milton is a better runner.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Is it truly fair if a team is dealing with legitimate injuries…..it’s a tough situation. Last night Seemed obvious.

That's the problem with injuries it's impossible to determine legitimate ones versus fake. You have to make an injury not an advantage. I think it's fair to not allow the injury to be a timeout for the injured players team, which is virtually what it has become.

There’s a crew in the FF, bless their souls, who is adamant he didn’t make it to the 40. What’s the pulse of this crew. I thought his torso landed on the 40

It was so obviously a first down. The spot and "review" of the spot were two separate yet intertwined piles of bull**** from an officiating crew that left dozens of steamers all over our field. We should send them a bill for have to clean up the friggin mess they left out there last night.

I have yet to see definitive tape of where the ball was in relation to the line. Could you direct me to this? They did not show this last night.
They showed a view of the ball at his waist as he was going down and circled it. They then showed the angle with the forty and circled his waist - it was at about a yard short…
it was not definitive as in a direct angle where we could see the ball, his knee and the 40 but after my initial scream of ”what the ***”, I ended up calming down about the call.

Bahahahaha hooker has been playing through a small injury. Milton goes down when someone comes at him. Crazy talk to say Milton is a better runner.
Hooker isn't the greatest runner but he's infinitely better than Milton. Milton slows down and avoids contact because he's scared of being hit. Meanwhile Corral was actively running over our guys and he's 6'2 205

Reactions: Smokeytom
It was so obviously a first down. The spot and "review" of the spot were two separate yet intertwined piles of bull**** from an officiating crew that left dozens of steamers all over our field. We should send them a bill for have to clean up the friggin mess they left out there last night.

Who left the biggest mess on the field, UT fans or officials? I'm going with the officials.

I think maybe the strategy against Corral was to not let him beat us with his arm. He came into the game completing 69.2% of his passes for an average of 10.3 yards per attempt. His passer rating was 182.43. Through the air this was his worst game of the year, by far, including his performance against Alabama. Aside from their game against Alabama this was their lowest point total on the year as well as lowest number of yards not counting Alabama. Obviously they still had enough of both but maybe that was the best we thought we could do to slow down their offense. It almost worked. jmo.

View attachment 403681

ChattaTNVol…..I think you posted (if it was not you, sorry for asking) a forecast spreadsheet last week that included “SOS” and “Adjusted SOS”. Where did you get these numbers? I like forecasting tools and I could not find these referenced anywhere. Thanks.

I get that spotting balls is hard (and is the line judges responsibility), but if I'm doing it I want to forget the sticks exist. I dont want to know exactly where the marker is because I dont want that to cloud my decision.

So then why do officials constantly try to find the line before they make the spot? Not just last night but any game you watch - they find the line and then place it short or far and then dont even measure. There is no way to read this that doesn't come off bad.

Logical.

Reactions: BigSteve09

View attachment 403681
agree 100%

I think it was part of the plan to limit the big play ability of Corral and Ole Miss. Corral took what we gave him, and we gave him a lot. However, our bend don't break defense kept us in the game and we nearly won because of it.

I think we measured our choices vs Corral and the Ole Miss offense and our staff felt better giving him rush yards and medium passes to limit big plays.

I didn't hate the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back