Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question..I didn’t follow college football back in the 80s, why did it take so long to build a program back then when they could sign a lot more players then? I’ve always wondered that.
Athletes in the 80’s were not the same as they are now. you didn’t see many underclassmen contribute. You have high school operating like colleges and preparing guys for the next level now. Took longer to develop guys and see them contribute

They’re 8-2 and about to be top 10. You think we should be accepting 7-5 in year 5

You said you have to be top 10 in recruiting to succeed and that’s simply not true. One minute you say Ole Miss has quality depth and the next you’re saying Huep has to recruit top 10 classes
Top 10 to get into the playoffs, top 10 to beat Bama and UGA. You have to be top 10 to be in Atlanta, maybe even top 5 to see the playoffs. Again how many wins post HF does OM have? Hes looking at 10 wins beating trash

Ole Miss is the exception, not the rule. And I don’t think they are going to have sustained success.
My point was he keeps pointing to OM saying they’re in “year 5” as a reason we shouldn’t expect better than 7-5 from Huep until at least year 5, He says bcuz Huep can’t recruit top 10 classes. Yet OM hasn’t recruited good classes since freeze, signed 17 guys last year and Kiffin is in year two. Kiffin took a crappy roster and is 8-2 and top 10 in year two

Top 10 to get into the playoffs, top 10 to beat Bama and UGA. You have to be top 10 to be in Atlanta, maybe even top 5 to see the playoffs. Again how many wins post HF does OM have? Hes looking at 10 wins beating trash
You keep moving the goal posts. Your original statement was saying we shouldn’t expect anything better than 7-5 until after year 5

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
You keep moving the goal posts. Your original statement was saying we shouldn’t expect anything better than 7-5 until after year 5
Nope, we shouldnt, with our schedule and how it sets up, and add in lack of depth 7-5 or 8-4 is what its gonna be for awhile. Year 1 and Year 2 recruiting wont be great and it will take until Year 3 to get a decent class and then they need a few years to develop.

Nope, we shouldnt, with our schedule and how it sets up, and add in lack of depth 7-5 or 8-4 is what its gonna be for awhile. Year 1 and Year 2 recruiting wont be great and it will take until Year 3 to get a decent class and then they need a few years to develop.
So Huep took over one of the worst rosters in the entire SEC, yet is gonna go 7-5, beat UK, gave Pitt and Ole Miss hell in YEAR 1 and yet he won’t improve the team until after year 5? Lol ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back