Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited about the product on the field- especially offensively- for the first time since ‘09. Just hate recruiting is so poor. I’m afraid that’ll be what keeps us from making the jump from 7-8 regular season wins to 9-10+.
Don't worry so much about this class, is what it is. If next year's and the year after looks the same, then concern should come. Heupel HAS TO hit in the portal this year.

So Huep took over one of the worst rosters in the entire SEC, yet is gonna go 7-5, beat UK, gave Pitt and Ole Miss hell in YEAR 1 and yet he won’t improve the team until after year 5? Lol ok
I agree, CJH has definitely overachieved. This staff can coach and develop just based on this year. Imagine when we have a full 85 and quality depth that fits our system.

Thinking someone won’t improve their team or record by year 6 isn’t realistic at all when they took over a bottom 2 roster in the SEC and won 7 games when they were projected to win 4 or 5 games at the most
Thats where the talent is and will be. Hes not going to do this 10 win crap that apparently youve convinced yourself hes gonna do. But im sure youll be one of the leaders of the fire him brigade after we havent sniffed Atlanta in Year 4.

Ya know what, **** you negative fans.

Waffle House any time. Either y’all are truly just wanting to wallow in misery or you’re delusional idiots.

Best team in college football & you’re all acting like we just got blown out by Vanderbilt or upset by Georgia State.

5-5 and 2 winnable games left at home, this staff has worked a damn miracle for the pile of **** they got handed. Pump some damn positivity into them & your life for god’s sake.
93b32fb4c2c4f199d645b764a68d641b.gif

Mizzou, Candy, Scar, Vandy, UK, 4 toss up OOC games. Thats the should
There were many pundits calling for 5 or less wins this year. Our talent was depleted coming into the season. A lot of starters transferred due to NCAA violations. And quite frankly, the previous staff showed they couldn’t develop talent. What CJP did with what he has had so far, is nothing short of a miracle. I know it’s hard to believe we may have gotten a coaching hire right for once since Fulmer left, but all signs so far point to it. That said, I’m not gonna crown CJH a world beater until we start beating our rivals on a consistent basis.

There were many pundits calling for 5 or less wins this year. Our talent was depleted coming into the season. A lot of starters transferred due to NCAA violations. And quite frankly, the previous staff showed they couldn’t develop talent. What CJP did with what he has had so far, is nothing short of a miracle. I know it’s hard to believe we may have gotten a coaching hire right for once since Fulmer left, but all signs so far point to it. That said, I’m not gonna crown CJH a world beater until we start beating our rivals on a consistent basis.
Beat who you should. I listed who we should. Beating our rivals on a consistent basis isnt going to happen without top 10 and maybe even top 5 classes, but some apparently think it will

I agree, CJH has definitely overachieved. This staff can coach and develop just based on this year. Imagine when we have a full 85 and quality depth that fits our system.
It’ll be fun for sure. I’m excited for next year. We’ll definitely win 8 and have toss up games vs LSU and UF

Like you said this staff has proven they can develop and get the most out of their players. And they’ve been doing it their entire career

Reactions: hooter vol
Heupel looks like a much better hire than Sarkisian. How does Texas keep making 💩 hires with all that 💰 and resources?
Hiring coaches is honestly a crap shoot. Tennessee absolutely lucked up on coach Heupel after running through 3 after CPF. People don’t realize how close Alabama was to making a huge mistake with Rodriguez. He was in mid flight when Michigan offered and turned down Alabama.

Based off…. What exactly? Huep has already proven he can develop players and get the most out of them. You have zero basis to your argument
Youre kidding right? Just look at class calculators, recruiting rankings, pre season predictions. Have you ever heard of law of averages, regression to the mean? If he did more than he should this year, next is gonna suck.

Opinions of should vary from year to year. As fans, we have a standard of who we should beat every year as our standard. Our standards in the past 14 years have outpaced our performance by a lot.
I dont think Mizzou, SCAR, Vandy, UK 4 weak OOC opponents is too much. I dont expect wins against the big boys until year 5 because its going to take a while to get the talent to do that. Im not sure why thats a bad thing? Besides some having already convinced themselves that Heupel will be in the playoffs by year 4 which will be the same ones who will be screaming for him to get fired when it doesnt happen.

Reactions: Vols4us
Youre kidding right? Just look at class calculators, recruiting rankings, pre season predictions. Have you ever heard of law of averages, regression to the mean? If he did more than he should this year, next is gonna suck.
The same recruiting rankings that put OM at 8-2 and top 10?

I said 7-5. Looks like we're going 7-5. Ignore the pundits. Listen to Weezer.

I said 7-5. Looks like we're going 7-5. Ignore the pundits. Listen to Weezer.
I wanted Pruitt fired after last year ;because, it was a good storm, a soft year 1 schedule with a chance to go bowling and build recruiting momentum. That didnt happen. Next year will be tougher, I find it hard to see UF and LSU firing coaches and not making upgrades so those games will be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back