Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked like he had picked up on some of Milton’s bad habits on a few throws.He didn’t have a good game.
He had the kind of game that playing against one of the best and deepest defenses we've seen in CFB in the last ten years can make you play...especially considering playing with a ultra thin mediocre line and your two best RBs beat to hell.

After the 💩ty QB play we have seen here for the last few years you should have a greater understanding of what a "bad game" is.

He actually had a pretty good game against UGA (stats back it up) all things considered. He just didn't have a really good-great day when we needed him to the most to have a chance to win.

It kills me that folks act like Hooker was playing in a vacuum out there.

Just saw where Lincoln Riley is mad about Aranda going for more points (a fg) at the end of their game. That’s a weird hill to die on.

Especially since he had an absolutely legitimate reason to do so: point differential is a tiebreaker in their league standings.

We are lucky to have CJH. With the current recruiting land landscape, we need a coach that can out scheme Kirby, and whomever is calling plays at the Saban reform school for wayward coaches. Hooker is above average, but if we can get a true difference maker and some depth on OL and DL, we will be competing and winning vs our big 3.

He had the kind of game that playing against one of the best and deepest defenses we've seen in CFB in the last ten years can make you play...especially considering playing with a ultra thin mediocre line and your two best RBs beat to hell.

After the 💩ty QB play we have seen here for the last few years you should have a greater understanding of what a "bad game" is.

He actually had a pretty good game against UGA (stats back it up) all things considered. He just didn't have a really good-great day when we needed him to the most to have a chance to win.

It kills me that folks act like Hooker was playing in a vacuum out there.
Totally agree here. He would have had to play perfect, not just in execution but also decision-making. And even then, I'm not sure it would have been enough.

Seems like BS, since they are eligible to play at new schools.

Most the time if it’s proven ya got paid you’re ineligible.
Yeah that has never quite set right. UT would be obligated to report it especially since we want the NCAA to accept the penalties we’ve self imposed.

Question because I honestly don't remember for certain.

But didn't someone from UT say that most of the recipients of any impermissible funds, would be getting to play in bowl games with other teams, as reasoning behind not taking bowl eligiblity from the innocent players still here?

Thought the NCAA would have to officially look into the matter and confirm TN's findings on a player before making them ineligible?

The few times Lane has had to play his back up guy-- they don't look like that.
I know..but he has done a good job there. This year is his ceiling there and he knows it..he will try and parlay this into a better job somewhere else and leave ol Piss in a bad spot...sounds familiar..🤔

Yesterday demonstrated the glaring lack of speed on the defensive side especially at safety, linebacker and defensive ends. Tremblay got abused several times and Baron rarely showed up. Flowers and McCullough are slow. Everyone plays hard and gives their all but their physical limitations are obvious.

The last 4 games have showed our LBs are average at best. Exposing them in one and one situations.

I think our fanbase is incredibly patient as long as we see improvement every year.
If we take any kind of perceived step back...watch the tar, feathers and pitchforks come out. Next year a lot of those people will be expecting 9-10 wins, and that probably ain't happening due to the guys we are losing..so we will see pretty quickly if I am right or not.

I think it will take three-four good recruiting classes and a few well chosen transfers to get the roster right...and we can't afford a bunch of busts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back