Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Lincoln Riley would never do that. It’s about the kids and their safety. /bluefont

Most certainly a dweeb.

Can you imagine if you were Dave Aranda and not kicking that field goal cost you a league title?

“I’m sorry guys. I know not kicking that field goal at the end of the Oklahoma game cost us the Big 12, but we also have to consider Lincoln Riley’s feelings.”

I 100% agree. But my point earlier with McGill was don’t come in here Bible thumping then act how he acts. That’s my entire point especially because he acts holier than thou
Probably not going to go well, but I’m going to reply to this one…

Is McGill “coming around here bible thumping” solely on the fact that he revealed his occupation on here years ago? Although opinionated, I can’t recall where he has used the Bible against anyone, only has a source of comfort and encouragement, but even then… rarely cited.

How is he “holier than thou”? Not once have I heard him claim moral high ground on anyone when referring to himself. He has shared his distant past filled with womanizing, drugs, violence and alcohol. Having a strong opinion on a matter is not being “holier than thou.” He judged himself equally as harsh as anyone else.

In your next post you point out his hypocrisy. Granted, while we don’t know anyone’s private life on here, McGill does not appear to be a hypocrite either. In the context of some discussions he uses some language that is not culturally associated with being a person of faith. However, some people are turned off by someone who appears “too good to be true” and having rough edges allows you to connect in a real way with the broken. This can be especially true in areas of poverty or youth ministry, both of which are his ministry expressions.

In my opinion McGill is exactly who he is in here as he is in real life. By definition, that is the opposite of a hypocrite… that is congruency. His occupation is giving medical assistance to those who cannot help themselves and his ministry expression is to work with poor youth. I think we can bear with a fellow Vol fan if he is a bit cranky

Probably not going to go well, but I’m going to reply to this one…

Is McGill “coming around here bible thumping” solely on the fact that he revealed his occupation on here years ago? Although opinionated, I can’t recall where he has used the Bible against anyone, only has a source of comfort and encouragement, but even then… rarely cited.

How is he “holier than thou”? Not once have I heard him claim moral high ground on anyone when referring to himself. He has shared his distant past filled with womanizing, drugs, violence and alcohol. Having a strong opinion on a matter is not being “holier than thou.” He judged himself equally as harsh as anyone else.

In your next post you point out his hypocrisy. Granted, while we don’t know anyone’s private life on here, McGill does not appear to be a hypocrite either. In the context of some discussions he uses some language that is not culturally associated with being a person of faith. However, some people are turned off by someone who appears “too good to be true” and having rough edges allows you to connect in a real way with the broken. This can be especially true in areas of poverty or youth ministry, both of which are his ministry expressions.

In my opinion McGill is exactly who he is in here as he is in real life. By definition, that is the opposite of a hypocrite… that is congruency. His occupation is giving medical assistance to those who cannot help themselves and his ministry expression is to work with poor youth. I think we can bear with a fellow Vol fan if he is a bit cranky
Thanks Nick...you pretty much nailed it. I don't know who you are talking to, I usually ignore them as soon as the personal attacks start, but I could probably guess it is one of about five haters.

I'm not going to cry about it, I bring it on myself being honest. If the Mods are willing to let it go..then whatever.

Tillman vs Bama and UGA

17 catches 352 yards 2 TDs

Add in ole Miss and ky and his last 4 games all vs ranked opponents

30 catches 515 yds 4 TDs.

Wow… imagine if Milton didn’t overthrow him so much in first two games….what a year and I’m not so sure he comes back if he continues this trend
Tillman made himself a lot of money yesterday.

Yesterday demonstrated the glaring lack of speed on the defensive side especially at safety, linebacker and defensive ends. Tremblay got abused several times and Baron rarely showed up. Flowers and McCullough are slow. Everyone plays hard and gives their all but their physical limitations are obvious.
Yep that is exactly what Tim Irwin and Hyams are saying this morning.

Just think, if we would have kicked the field goal a few times we could have +9 points.
I agreed with going for it but in hindsight if we make the first 2 fieldgoles may have given the team more energy. I'm glad we have a coach that does what he thinks to give us the best chance to win.

iu

Reactions: VOLSONLY
We should have expected that against teams that are able to exploit them. We knew going into the year that LB was a major problem.
I think the biggest problem is managing "one's" expectations. Most logical folks knew it would be a struggle. The void that was created by mass departures and under developed players was always going to show it's ugly head. So IMO, yeah this team isn't perfect but they have heart and desire. I for one, respect the hell out of this team and Staff. They earned every cent in year 1 to this point. For expectations on 10 wins next season, that is highly doubtful. Sure it could happen with a lot of luck. 3 years of solid recruiting and maybe in year 4 we will reach where we want to be. So I would like to see them continue to develope guys, get them drafted and get back to being Tennessee. For the first time I see a real Coach and staff. I believe. That team on the field believes. ONE Tennessee

OK - when going back through the posts since last night, some need to to take a breath. Or a lap. Or a visit to the Waffle House.

Texas has a HUGE roster attitude problem that has messed them up since Mack was there. It's embedded. Sark knew that when he took the job. He will have to flush 90% of that roster before they find any real success. OU is ND-like. "Welcome to the SEC" will be eye-opening to both of them.

Pittman is killing it at Arky no matter what a few may say on here. That level of winning with that roster is amazing.

Folks may want to refrain from attacking our O-line play when they are the walking wounded with no SEC quality depth going against one of the greatest D's in CFB history with D-line and LB's that will go early in the NFL draft. Give it a rest. Heup could not max protect because Payton went down. JP is legit at deep routes and causes the secondary to have a S watch him over the top, which takes the S out of the box and short passing game. Without JP the D could focus on Tillman and Jones and pack it in more. Think about how the O began to sputter after he left. That said, HH did not play nearly as well as he has been. The offseason work will do him good.

It's been a great season making lemonade out of lemons. We know we have an O genius at HC and a quality staff. Over half the board said they would be happy with 6-6, 7-5 and a bowl. Most of the others said 4 or 5 wins. Well, here they are going to 7-5 and a bowl with sanctions looming all season and all the pre-season transfers that led to a severely depleted the roster. The guys who got paid under the table are gone. Fresh start to doing things right with NIL. It will take 3-4 years to know the upside under Heup. But I'm up for it because I think he can get it done.

It's all about recruiting from this point on IMO. W/L results will tell how he did there - not recruiting service rankings. It's a new day. Even Bama and UGA are going to be active in the portal because guys will be leaving them more often to get playing time elsewhere. Kiffin used it well to really help his D. We need to be all about it to build depth.

Hooker passed for more yards against Georgia than any other qb.

Tennessee had more passing yardage total than any other team.

Tennessee had more total yardage than any other team.

Tennessee scored more points than any other team (and left points on the field trying to be aggressive on 4th inside the red zone)

Two of the three phases are good enough to compete. Defense needs to be shored up, and then we'll be a force.

If we take any kind of perceived step back...watch the tar, feathers and pitchforks come out. Next year a lot of those people will be expecting 9-10 wins, and that probably ain't happening due to the guys we are losing..so we will see pretty quickly if I am right or not.

I think it will take three-four good recruiting classes and a few well chosen transfers to get the roster right...and we can't afford a bunch of busts.
Yup. Get to year 4&5 and see what we got.

Hooker passed for more yards against Georgia than any other qb.

Tennessee had more passing yardage total than any other team.

Tennessee had more total yardage than any other team.

Tennessee scored more points than any other team (and left points on the field trying to be aggressive on 4th inside the red zone)

Two of the three phases are good enough to compete. Defense needs to be shored up, and then we'll be a force.
Yeah.. Lack of overall speed on defense has been a problem all year. Teams like UGA can make it stand out like a sore thumb

I have read several post here and on, dare I say it the......FF and I am amazed at some of the post. We got beat, no doubt about it and every weakness we have showed at some point during the game. Now with that being said we got beat by the NUMBER ONE TEAM IN THE COUNTRY !!!! That is what it looks like when you have some good horses playing against a BUNCH of SHOW PONY's, they were just better.

We have the right coach, let him get a few signing classes of his type offensive players behind him, get some help on defense , which I think they will, and set back and enjoy the show. We do need more big ugly's on both sides of the ball and if we can get more depth on defense and stay healthy then we will be the bunch of SHOW PONY's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back