Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then there the barking grown men. I under stand that every team.has their own traditions but when grown a$$ men stop and lean into your face when you are exiting the stadium this is overboard. If I was 20 years younger and did not have a professional license to protect I would ended up in jail last night over some of this.

I have read several post here and on, dare I say it the......FF and I am amazed at some of the post. We got beat, no doubt about it and every weakness we have showed at some point during the game. Now with that being said we got beat by the NUMBER ONE TEAM IN THE COUNTRY !!!! That is what it looks like when you have some good horses playing against a BUNCH of SHOW PONY's, they were just better.

We have the right coach, let him get a few signing classes of his type offensive players behind him, get some help on defense , which I think they will, and set back and enjoy the show. We do need more big ugly's on both sides of the ball and if we can get more depth on defense and stay healthy then we will be the bunch of SHOW PONY's.
I’m amazed that people can’t see this. Grown men thinking with their emotions. Yeah, we all want to win, and we want it now! But we don’t have a magic fairy.

Thats where the talent is and will be. Hes not going to do this 10 win crap that apparently youve convinced yourself hes gonna do. But im sure youll be one of the leaders of the fire him brigade after we havent sniffed Atlanta in Year 4.
I would think you would give it at least one more year of recruiting since this staff had no relationships with many of these recruits and the NCAA sanctions hanging over our head. I think if we still struggle mightily next year, it might be a sign, but I am betting next year's class will be significantly better. You seem to think that one year is a trend.

Losing to Kansas, at home, should be a fireable offense.

We are in much better shape than a lot of programs that are in the first year with new HCs.

Heupel’s first year is impressive. Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt were not and I was bought in with those guys, and I should’ve seen the writing on the wall. Heupel inherited a tough situation and he has us on the way to 7-5 and a decent bowl bid. In the preseason, I thought we were a 5-7 team. Heupel has done a tremendous job.

I wanted Pruitt fired after last year ;because, it was a good storm, a soft year 1 schedule with a chance to go bowling and build recruiting momentum. That didnt happen. Next year will be tougher, I find it hard to see UF and LSU firing coaches and not making upgrades so those games will be tough.

Hiring an "upgrade" is not a given at all. They could hire someone great or they could hire the next Ron Zook.

I’m amazed that people can’t see this. Grown men thinking with their emotions. Yeah, we all want to win, and we want it now! But we don’t have a magic fairy.
People are tired of getting blown out. It's been a long 15 years. What do we have during that time? 3 wins against GA, 1 against FL. Granted, there are few more could have had won. But in general, it hasn't been close. I think we all are tired of losing to our big 3 and tired of being asked to be patient. However, we didn't dig this hole overnight and we aren't going to climb out overnight, either. Folks need to realize that. Our big 3 just so happen to be perennial Top 5, Top 10 teams...which means we have a steeper mtn to climb.

Hooker passed for more yards against Georgia than any other qb.

Tennessee had more passing yardage total than any other team.

Tennessee had more total yardage than any other team.

Tennessee scored more points than any other team (and left points on the field trying to be aggressive on 4th inside the red zone)

Two of the three phases are good enough to compete. Defense needs to be shored up, and then we'll be a force.
The offense moved the ball pretty well against them and Hooker did ok overall. The frustrating thing was to see the offense falter in the redzone. I think it's reasonable to say there were 14 more points left on the field (obviously not enough to win). The reason I think Hooker played his worst game was because he didn't make some of the open plays that he usually makes. I can't fault him for the deep throws because they were barely out of reach, but he definitely was throwing high early for some reason. I think the throw away near the endzone on 4th down was a bad decision when he was looking right at Tillman who only had one guy on him. Should've given his most physical receiver a chance. Overall not a bad game, especially given the defense he faced, but he missed some relatively easy plays that he usually makes. The clear thing to me is that this offense is going to work against elite defenses...just need to add talent and depth, especially on the o-line. I'm eager to see if the team physically improves next season after two offseasons with the new S&C staff.

I would think you would give it at least one more year of recruiting since this staff had no relationships with many of these recruits and the NCAA sanctions hanging over our head. I think if we still struggle mightily next year, it might be a sign, but I am betting next year's class will be significantly better. You seem to think that one year is a trend.
Nope I expected this year to suck, one of my biggest questions about Heupel was can he recruit? Right now he only has 2 SEC caliber recruiters on staff.

If I'm Sark I would offer Barry Odom the DC at Arky what ever he wanted to come to Texas. Someone is going to if he doesn't. Pitman hired great coordinators, if he loses them then we'll see how good his hire looks.
Not sold on him long term..

One of Georgia’s Lanning or Schumann will be their DC i bet.

I agreed with going for it but in hindsight if we make the first 2 fieldgoles may have given the team more energy. I'm glad we have a coach that does what he thinks to give us the best chance to win.
Agreed, I was thinking in hindsight. In the moment I was all for it. For us to compete with them, we needed the touchdowns. I was mostly commenting on how we could have added more to the total of most points given up by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back