Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I heard that bowl cut said in an interview that he talked to Peyton before the game and he said Peyton asked him to recruit his son….😳. I didn’t hear that interview - did any of you hear it?

Marshall is 10…I think it’s more a thing said jokingly. Not sure we should be hand wringing over this.

Can you imagine if you were Dave Aranda and not kicking that field goal cost you a league title?

“I’m sorry guys. I know not kicking that field goal at the end of the Oklahoma game cost us the Big 12, but we also have to consider Lincoln Riley’s feelings.”
If Riley could have hung 70 on Baylor he would in a heartbeat. Riley might think he is Sabans version of the Big 12 but once he gets to the SEC then it will be like who are you. Tx and OK are about to be really disappointed.

Curious... Is this the way GA has made other teams look? They are loaded with the best 5 and high 4 star players money can buy. Everyone knew before the season started where we were on defense so why are people acting shocked? I was afraid every team we played would make our defense look that way. Been pleasantly surprised at what the coaches have gotten out of them.
Yeah.. UGA is one of, what I thought before the season, 2-3 teams that could really expose our lack of depth and speed on defense. I think looking back 10 games in our depth issues have shown up a lot....

This is the first team, though, we've played that nullified, completely, the only equalizer we have... Our offense's ability to get big plays and keep pressure on opposing offenses to keep pace.

If we win out, you look at the wins and feel good. You look at woulda/coulda games against Pitt and ole Miss. You competed with Bama. You shot yourselves in the foot against Florida. And the only game you truly were completely out matched was Georgia.

Plenty to build on.

Let's see if we do over the next couple/three seasons. Good year 1 so far in my book. If nothing else he's completely changed the perception of Tennessee from a competitive standpoint...

Yes, I was trying to make that point last night, but I get the vibe and even some said playoffs by year 5 which honestly isn't reasonable atm

I just assumed alcohol/frustration were in the mix and didn't follow closely enough, apparently. Because it seemed like you were all over.
One post appeared to imply McGill's point of patience, which I agree. But your next post would insinuate it's all about talent, top 5 class a must and Huepel "can't sniff" top 10 classes.

Seemed like you were jumping between gonna take time.. and .. doesn't matter, he won't recruit well enough to beat anyone that matters.
If I missed a bigger picture, then I apologize. But with your posts this morning, I'm still not sure.

For those who are mad about the game today…we could be Texas? They have a lot more depth, a more talented roster, play in an easier conference, the National media is begging on its knees for them to “be back”, located in a talent-rich state……and yet currently they are losing to 1-8 Kansas 😂.
They also may be losing the locker room

I think Texas should nuke their roster...sounds like they have a ton of guys like we have had over the last 15...talented but selfish dudes that have no pride and don't care if they lose...the kind that are yukkin it up after losing to Vandy.
Or hire a coach who can work with what’s workable. Like that UCF guy we picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back