Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jermaine-Johnson-FSU-Football-vs-Miami-MB-7300118.jpg

Screw the U
He has some stones. Completing that 4th and 14 pass to the goal line was amazing. If he doesn't complete that pass, the game is over. Miami did put up a really good goal line stand but Free Shoes U pulled it out at the end.

He has some stones. Completing that 4th and 14 pass to the goal line was amazing. If he doesn't complete that pass, the game is over. Miami did put up a really good goal line stand but Free Shoes U pulled it out at the end.

The better FSU gets, the better it is for Tennessee............... and the rest of college football. Chip away at UF and Clemson. 'Noles are a long way away, but at least moving in the right direction. Very similar to what is going on in Knoxville.

People are tired of getting blown out. It's been a long 15 years. What do we have during that time? 3 wins against GA, 1 against FL. Granted, there are few more could have had won. But in general, it hasn't been close. I think we all are tired of losing to our big 3 and tired of being asked to be patient. However, we didn't dig this hole overnight and we aren't going to climb out overnight, either. Folks need to realize that. Our big 3 just so happen to be perennial Top 5, Top 10 teams...which means we have a steeper mtn to climb.

This post needs WAYYY more likes. This is exactly how I feel. I picked us to lose 49-17 I believe. So I knew we would get blown out. But it’s still hard to watch. Especially when you see this team do some good things against these really good teams. It’s one thing to just go out there and get hammered from the get go. To show no sigh of life. But this team doesn’t do that. They play to win. They play hard and really make you believe they can beat anyone.

We are in this whole because of terrible leadership from the top down. It’s been building and building for the last 15 years. The most cliche comment, it’s gonna take time. But it’s a fact. We are going to have to, at some point, decide on a coach to rebuild this thing. And that’s going to take a good 5 years IMO. Hopefully we have an AD that sees that.

If I'm Sark I would offer Barry Odom the DC at Arky what ever he wanted to come to Texas. Someone is going to if he doesn't. Pitman hired great coordinators, if he loses them then we'll see how good his hire looks.
Not sold on him long term..
Pretty much the definition of a good coach is someone who hires good coaches and recruits well. So you can't evaluate Pittman without the Odom hire, that's part of what makes him a good coach. What will make him an even better coach is how well he can retain and replace good coaches.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
This post needs WAYYY more likes. This is exactly how I feel. I picked us to lose 49-17 I believe. So I knew we would get blown out. But it’s still hard to watch. Especially when you see this team do some good things against these really good teams. It’s one thing to just go out there and get hammered from the get go. To show no sigh of life. But this team doesn’t do that. They play to win. They play hard and really make you believe they can beat anyone.

We are in this whole because of terrible leadership from the top down. It’s been building and building for the last 15 years. The most cliche comment, it’s gonna take time. But it’s a fact. We are going to have to, at some point, decide on a coach to rebuild this thing. And that’s going to take a good 5 years IMO. Hopefully we have an AD that sees that.

I like LWSVOL’s metric, and he’s as conservative as it gets. Take care of business against S. Carolina, Missouri, Vandy, and UK three years straight, and we could be poised to challenge the top brass. Go ahead and put a check beside year one. If the trend continues, year 4 could be special. Hopefully, this is also the beginning of a slide for Florida, and that would accelerate the rebuild even more.

None of the coaches we’ve had the last 15 years -outside of Kiffin- deserved any more time than what they got. It’s early yet, but so far, Huepel looks like the kind of guy you commit to for a rebuild like that. Hopefully, he is the one.

I like LWSVOL’s metric, and he’s about as conservative as it gets. Take care of business against S. Carolina, Missouri, Vandy, and UK three years straight, and we could be poised to challenge the top brass. Go ahead and put a check beside year one. If the trend continues, year 4 could be special. Hopefully, this is also the beginning of a slide for Florida, and that would accelerate the rebuild even more.

None of the coaches we’ve had the last 15 years -outside of Kiffin- deserved any more time than what they got. It’s early yet, but so far, Huepel looks like the kind of guy you commit to for a rebuild like that. Hopefully, he is the one.

Completely agree.

People are tired of getting blown out. It's been a long 15 years. What do we have during that time? 3 wins against GA, 1 against FL. Granted, there are few more could have had won. But in general, it hasn't been close. I think we all are tired of losing to our big 3 and tired of being asked to be patient. However, we didn't dig this hole overnight and we aren't going to climb out overnight, either. Folks need to realize that. Our big 3 just so happen to be perennial Top 5, Top 10 teams...which means we have a steeper mtn to climb.
Heupel can comfortably worry about getting wins over the big 3 as long as he's beating up on the tiny 4 of Kentucky, Vandy, Mizzou, and SC. Yes. I'm counting Vandy early.

And to do that in year one is impressive. It definitely sucks to lose to a Florida team that imploded and turned out to be terrible.

But Heupel is where Pruitt was in year 3. And I don't think anyone believes the roster situation that Heupel walked in to was any better than Pruitt had. Definitely reasons to be encouraged.

Yesterday and against Kentucky it's just obvious we don't have the dudes. Especially on defense. ILB and in the secondary. It's not great.

Our season win total in Vegas was 6.5 wins, juiced heavily to the under, meaning that a lot of money was piled on us going 6-6 or worse. On top of that, the prevailing thought in CFB media was Tennessee wouldn't go bowling. The line for everyone else in/around CFB was "lol Tennessee" or the popular image of us as a dumpster fire.

Going 7-5 and having positivity around the program are huge accomplishments. We can all celebrate the short-term victory and acknowledge our long-term goals.

You have to stand before you walk, you have to walk before you run. We all knew that we had a lot of work to do, especially considering that our step one was really "unbury self, somehow, and crawl out of the grave."

Heupel can comfortably worry about getting wins over the big 3 as long as he's beating up on the tiny 4 of Kentucky, Vandy, Mizzou, and SC. Yes. I'm counting Vandy early.

And to do that in year one is impressive. It definitely sucks to lose to a Florida team that imploded and turned out to be terrible.

But Heupel is where Pruitt was in year 3. And I don't think anyone believes the roster situation that Heupel walked in to was any better than Pruitt had. Definitely reasons to be encouraged.

Yesterday and against Kentucky it's just obvious we don't have the dudes. Especially on defense. ILB and in the secondary. It's not great.
Whats the priority? OL, DL, ILB, Secondary? And which areas should you look for transfers, JUCO, vs incoming FR recruits?

This is something I should know, but is the RF used for football only or all UT sports? Couldn't remember if we have RF game-threads for basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back