Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jermaine-Johnson-FSU-Football-vs-Miami-MB-7300118.jpg

Screw the U

I just assumed alcohol/frustration were in the mix and didn't follow closely enough, apparently. Because it seemed like you were all over.
One post appeared to imply McGill's point of patience, which I agree. But your next post would insinuate it's all about talent, top 5 class a must and Huepel "can't sniff" top 10 classes.

Seemed like you were jumping between gonna take time.. and .. doesn't matter, he won't recruit well enough to beat anyone that matters.
If I missed a bigger picture, then I apologize. But with your posts this morning, I'm still not sure.
Frustration more than anything. Maybe im not wording it as well as i mean to. Its a mix of both its going to take talent to get to where we want to go and its going to take a while to get there. Look at most of the teams in and around the playoff picture most of them are feeding off of multiple top 10 or higher classes, Cincy being an exception and Michigan only has one, but theyve benefited from an easy schedule. Most of this argument started because I said we shouldnt expect more than 7 wins before year 5, and i still believe that. If JH exceeds that cool, but we shouldnt expect that. Ive also seen people say playoffs year 4, 10 win season next year, and that shouldnt even be in the conversation right now.
As far as the recruiting point, when JH was hired I questioned how he would recruit, I knew the AA investigation would play a part in things, but I dont think recruiting is going to be that much better without it, I think hes gonna struggle to stack the classes needed for where we want to be.
Hopefully that makes more sense.

Reactions: VolNash17
Frustration more than anything. Maybe im not wording it as well as i mean to. Its a mix of both its going to take talent to get to where we want to go and its going to take a while to get there. Look at most of the teams in and around the playoff picture most of them are feeding off of multiple top 10 or higher classes, Cincy being an exception and Michigan only has one, but theyve benefited from an easy schedule. Most of this argument started because I said we shouldnt expect more than 7 wins before year 5, and i still believe that. If JH exceeds that cool, but we shouldnt expect that. Ive also seen people say playoffs year 4, 10 win season next year, and that shouldnt even be in the conversation right now.
As far as the recruiting point, when JH was hired I questioned how he would recruit, I knew the AA investigation would play a part in things, but I dont think recruiting is going to be that much better without it, I think hes gonna struggle to stack the classes needed for where we want to be.
Hopefully that makes more sense.

Alright anyone saying playoffs year 4 is smoking crack.

We are way, way, way far off from playoff talk. JH is exactly what we needed tho. Exciting brand of football, stability, improving reputation, schematically different. Urban Meyer wasn’t walking through that door.

People are tired of getting blown out. It's been a long 15 years. What do we have during that time? 3 wins against GA, 1 against FL. Granted, there are few more could have had won. But in general, it hasn't been close. I think we all are tired of losing to our big 3 and tired of being asked to be patient. However, we didn't dig this hole overnight and we aren't going to climb out overnight, either. Folks need to realize that. Our big 3 just so happen to be perennial Top 5, Top 10 teams...which means we have a steeper mtn to climb.
Thank goodness they beat Kensucky last week.That needs to be an annual win.

I have read several post here and on, dare I say it the......FF and I am amazed at some of the post. We got beat, no doubt about it and every weakness we have showed at some point during the game. Now with that being said we got beat by the NUMBER ONE TEAM IN THE COUNTRY !!!! That is what it looks like when you have some good horses playing against a BUNCH of SHOW PONY's, they were just better.

We have the right coach, let him get a few signing classes of his type offensive players behind him, get some help on defense , which I think they will, and set back and enjoy the show. We do need more big ugly's on both sides of the ball and if we can get more depth on defense and stay healthy then we will be the bunch of SHOW PONY's.
It's great to see they finally have your meds regulated :p:p

Who would have thought that Florida would be our worst loss this year? I think we played our worst game against them, as we typically seem to do, for whatever reason.
We can't beat them because we're mentally beat before the game starts. It's a case of wanting it too much because of our record against them. I've been around long enough to see us lose even when we had better talent. Gotta get over the mental hurdle and then kick their a$$.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back