Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the priority? OL, DL, ILB, Secondary? And which areas should you look for transfers, JUCO, vs incoming FR recruits?

We will have to identify recruits we like for our system and supplement them with more experienced guys that can serve in the short term. Especially at OL/DL. In LB and CB you just have to take best talent however you can get it.

We will have an easier time attracting skill players on offense.

I'd like to see us recruit guys we know will grow in the system at OL and QB specifically.

We will probably look hodgepodged for 1 year minimum, probably 2, and then it will start to come together and the team will blossom I think.

I think the biggest problem is managing "one's" expectations. Most logical folks knew it would be a struggle. The void that was created by mass departures and under developed players was always going to show it's ugly head. So IMO, yeah this team isn't perfect but they have heart and desire. I for one, respect the hell out of this team and Staff. They earned every cent in year 1 to this point. For expectations on 10 wins next season, that is highly doubtful. Sure it could happen with a lot of luck. 3 years of solid recruiting and maybe in year 4 we will reach where we want to be. So I would like to see them continue to develope guys, get them drafted and get back to being Tennessee. For the first time I see a real Coach and staff. I believe. That team on the field believes. ONE Tennessee
99% agree with everything you said, except this..I do believe there is going to be a sizeable group of loud..but ignorant of our reality..fans calling for and expecting at least a two win regular season improvement record wise, plus a bowl victory.

Frustration more than anything. Maybe im not wording it as well as i mean to. Its a mix of both its going to take talent to get to where we want to go and its going to take a while to get there. Look at most of the teams in and around the playoff picture most of them are feeding off of multiple top 10 or higher classes, Cincy being an exception and Michigan only has one, but theyve benefited from an easy schedule. Most of this argument started because I said we shouldnt expect more than 7 wins before year 5, and i still believe that. If JH exceeds that cool, but we shouldnt expect that. Ive also seen people say playoffs year 4, 10 win season next year, and that shouldnt even be in the conversation right now.
As far as the recruiting point, when JH was hired I questioned how he would recruit, I knew the AA investigation would play a part in things, but I dont think recruiting is going to be that much better without it, I think hes gonna struggle to stack the classes needed for where we want to be.
Hopefully that makes more sense.

Ok, I'm following you now.

I don't like what I'm saying but I do believe defense will take a while to be on the level of the playoff teams, consistently. And that is reliant on Heup's recruiting.

But I see a path for some really good seasons in between. My belief - Dan Mullen's previous rep was -more than a little- built on what Dak Prescott did for that team, same as how Dobbs bought Butch extra time.
I believe:
1. the right QB can have that much impact in today's game.
2. Heup is a better coach than the examples.
3. QB's are Heupel's specialty.
We'll have to wait to know recruiting, I won't make unfounded statements on that. And I'll judge each season by what he has to work with.
But I can also see reasons why fans believe, with a touch of luck/the right evaluation, we could be in for some dang good seasons in the meantime.

😆 werent many winners yesterday. Samford saved the day. Bet $10 @ +1500, cashed out for $55. . . then took them again @ +1500 a few mins later and cashed out @ $36.

Someone suggested letting the bet ride til the end, 😆, glad I ignored them.

Not on your level of money here but won a 4 leg same game parlay on player prob bets for NBA. Won $101 there. Looking at some other matchups today.

99% agree with everything you said, except this..I do believe there is going to be a sizeable group of loud..but ignorant of our reality..fans calling for and expecting at least a two win regular season improvement record wise, plus a bowl victory.

Even before this season, all of the players that left were worthless anyway, anything under 9 losses was treason, and we were gonna shock the SEC!! There are sunshine pumpers and then there are people that are somehow negatively positive.

No. We grabbed the head to head but dropped Bama and OM. West is what cost us. Specifically getting a harder draw in Bama.
I agree to a point. It is hard to think of them as #2 when we beat that ass at their place, but they have the better record..period. I do think it is time to drop the regular divisional rival games and go to a true interconference rotation.

Of course when Crappabama inevitably falls back to the pack we will wish we still had them. I wanna beat their ass for a decade.

Not on your level of money here but won a 4 leg same game parlay on player prob bets for NBA. Won $101 there. Looking at some other matchups today.
I reduced my bet amount by a lot. It was dumb luck I bet that much and actually hit. I posted most my bets in the betting thread.

Again, I dont know what im doing. I looked at what a few suggested and picked a couple myself.

I guess, sort of. White knew what he was getting with Heupel and made the hire. So glad we did not hire Eliot or Franklin.
I was done till Franklin was gone. I could not support him...when I found out he was the fish I was devastated, after that I was just thankful for anybody but that piece of garbage snake.

How is he underrated? He is the number one rated incoming point guard in the country.

I’m not talking about recruiting rankings. Fox Sports released a Top 50 players list and they had Justin Powell in the Top 50 but not Chandler. You hear a lot about TyTy Washington, Paulo Banchero, and a lot of the blue blood freshmen but you don’t hear much about Chandler. I’m just saying he deserves more attention nationally than he is getting. And it will come.

Even the teams that finish top-5 recruiting over 5-year periods have a hard time pairing an elite defense with an elite offense. Usually you see an elite offense with a good-great defense or an elite defense with a good-great offense. I think we can be an elite offense, so if we can build a good-great defense we could be something special.

It looks pretty obvious that our plan and when we play our best is to come out and smack the 💩 out of the opponent. Get them in a 21+ deficit, have them on the sideline looking at each other like "what the hell just happened?" We already do it against lesser opponents. We dropped both Mizzou and SCar in round 1. Our bullet(s) whizzed right by Pitt's head when we had them lined up for the treatment. We caught Georgia lacking, probably should have had them stressed early.

When Heupel has us built and tuned to his liking, we will run lesser teams off the field early and coast. Hopefully we build a complementary defense that holds off better teams or keeps us in it long enough to strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back