Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss the real or fake insiders that knew/pretended to know what was going on in recruiting….. we have neither right now.
I don't even care anymore...just coach the hell out of what we have and can get. The crowd follower p***y generation kids want it easy...find the old school heart-new age skills kids that want the challenge and opportunity...and coach the hell out of them.

Ok, I'm following you now.

I don't like what I'm saying but I do believe defense will take a while to be on the level of the playoff teams, consistently. And that is reliant on Heup's recruiting.

But I see a path for some really good seasons in between. My belief - Dan Mullen's previous rep was -more than a little- built on what Dak Prescott did for that team, same as how Dobbs bought Butch extra time.
I believe:
1. the right QB can have that much impact in today's game.
2. Heup is a better coach than the examples.
3. QB's are Heupel's specialty.
We'll have to wait to know recruiting, I won't make unfounded statements on that. And I'll judge each season by what he has to work with.
But I can also see reasons why fans believe, with a touch of luck/the right evaluation, we could be in for some dang good seasons in the meantime.
Exactly, the defense will take a while to build for multiple reasons. Recruiting is a big one and we have a new DC who has done ok, but has a lot to learn as the sole play caller.
A good QB can help things, but still need talent around him, just thinking about the bomb to Keyton how does that play turn out if its one of UGA's 4 or 5 star receivers? Everyone talks about Clemson and their run, but what people fail to talk about is when they won it all, and made it the second time, they had studs around their generational QB's.
As far as Mullen im not totally convinced hes gone. Imo he gets one more year with a new DC. And going in to that game unless he has an absurd amount of transfers he will have a more developed roster.
I get why my take isnt popular people are tired of waiting and dont want to hear about a rebuild, but thats what its gonna be. Its going to take 5 years to get a playoff caliber roster.
Kirby walked into a stacked roster and he has 0 SEC Champs and 2 playoff appearances on 0 NC's with a lot more talent than we have. Its going to take time.

Reactions: volnut1
I’m not talking about recruiting rankings. Fox Sports released a Top 50 players list and they had Justin Powell in the Top 50 but not Chandler. You hear a lot about TyTy Washington, Paulo Banchero, and a lot of the blue blood freshmen but you don’t hear much about Chandler. I’m just saying he deserves more attention nationally than he is getting. And it will come.
I hear a lot of people talking about chandler…. A lot of the other blue blood freshman have had marquee match ups…. So far Kennedy is playing really bad teams…. Convo will increase about him when we finally play someone. The guy from Fox was an idiot but that is just one guys opinion.

I believe if Heupel and staff had a two deep upperclassmen led defense, and a two deep upperclassmen led OL...we could have won that game last night...that is of course assuming good QB play and WR play.

What I mean by that is having solid talented players that have learned our system for two years.

I believe if Heupel and staff had a two deep upperclassmen led defense, and a two deep upperclassmen led OL...we could have won that game...that is of course assuming good QB play and WR play.

What I mean by that is having solid talented players that have learned our system for two years.
They have to identify guys that can grow in their system in recruiting and get those guys. Particularly at OL. They can supplement nearly any/every other position in the portal.

I don't even care anymore...just coach the hell out of what we have and can get. The crowd follower p***y generation kids want it easy...find the old school heart-new age skills kids that want the challenge and opportunity...and coach the hell out of them.
I disagree…. Our staff needs to put recruiting first and be relentless at it…. If not then you end up like florida

This post needs WAYYY more likes. This is exactly how I feel. I picked us to lose 49-17 I believe. So I knew we would get blown out. But it’s still hard to watch. Especially when you see this team do some good things against these really good teams. It’s one thing to just go out there and get hammered from the get go. To show no sigh of life. But this team doesn’t do that. They play to win. They play hard and really make you believe they can beat anyone.

We are in this whole because of terrible leadership from the top down. It’s been building and building for the last 15 years. The most cliche comment, it’s gonna take time. But it’s a fact. We are going to have to, at some point, decide on a coach to rebuild this thing. And that’s going to take a good 5 years IMO. Hopefully we have an AD that sees that.
In today's atmosphere of college football, it's much more the "haves and the have nots." The haves may have a "down" year or two (ala Clemson) but can easily get back. Teams like UT, Miami, FSU, and Auburn, etc......can have a year or two to really compete for championships, but I'm not 100% sold that it can be sustained yearly. It's just the way the landscape is today.

PS.......I really hope I'm wrong.

Trevor Lawrence 2/10 for 12 yards? You old Invols will know

200.gif

I believe if Heupel and staff had a two deep upperclassmen led defense, and a two deep upperclassmen led OL...we could have won that game last night...that is of course assuming good QB play and WR play.

Switch rosters with Kirby and what's the score?

Exactly, the defense will take a while to build for multiple reasons. Recruiting is a big one and we have a new DC who has done ok, but has a lot to learn as the sole play caller.
A good QB can help things, but still need talent around him, just thinking about the bomb to Keyton how does that play turn out if its one of UGA's 4 or 5 star receivers? Everyone talks about Clemson and their run, but what people fail to talk about is when they won it all, and made it the second time, they had studs around their generational QB's.
As far as Mullen im not totally convinced hes gone. Imo he gets one more year with a new DC. And going in to that game unless he has an absurd amount of transfers he will have a more developed roster.
I get why my take isnt popular people are tired of waiting and dont want to hear about a rebuild, but thats what its gonna be. Its going to take 5 years to get a playoff caliber roster.
Kirby walked into a stacked roster and he has 0 SEC Champs and 2 playoff appearances on 0 NC's with a lot more talent than we have. Its going to take time.
Or if Javonta had been in the game. Jones and/or Tillman would have made the catch. Unfortunate set of circumstances (imo)

Chandler is our best player. Which is great news.
I like his game and it appears that he's even better than the two "one and done" freshmen that we had last year. I don't know what to think about UT signing one and done guys but it looks like Barnes has adjusted his style of coaching for them. We'll see where it goes and how long it will last here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back