Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? He didn’t talk **** about the fanbase at all after the game. He actually said it was an amazing passionate fan base and people should stop judging an entire fan base over the actions of very few people. He also said it was one of the best atmospheres in the country and said he wished OM was like that
I think I remember their locker room video showed a different side……

Or if Javonta had been in the game. Jones and/or Tillman would have made the catch. Unfortunate set of circumstances (imo)
Payton maybe.
Jones no that's not his game
Tillman it's a 50/50 ball.
But thats my point about stacking classes, for UGA it's next man up with no drop off. For us there's a huge drop off

Reactions: volnut1
I hear a lot of people talking about chandler…. A lot of the other blue blood freshman have had marquee match ups…. So far Kennedy is playing really bad teams…. Convo will increase about him when we finally play someone. The guy from Fox was an idiot but that is just one guys opinion.
He wasn't named the number 1 point guard coming out of high school for nothing. This dude has lots of game but he appears to be really mature for his age. That's something you can't teach.

Even before this season, all of the players that left were worthless anyway, anything under 9 losses was treason, and we were gonna shock the SEC!! There are sunshine pumpers and then there are people that are somehow negatively positive.
Under Pruitt a few of the transfers weren’t living up to expectations to say the least.I hated losing Eric Gray but the others were not world beaters under Pruitt.Had they stayed with the different culture and better coaching they probably could have helped this team a lot.I’m impressed with the way Heupel and his staff have improved everything about this team.Can’t wait to see what they do with more highly rated players.

Under Pruitt a few of the transfers weren’t living up to expectations to say the least.I hated losing Eric Gray but the others were not world beaters under Pruitt.Had they stayed with the different culture and better coaching they probably could have helped this team a lot.I’m impressed with the way Heupel and his staff have improved everything about this team.Can’t wait to see what they do with more highly rated players.
Chandler and Gray would have been a great combo in this offense. I'm proud of the RBs we have that have stepped up, but even just having Chandler would have done wonders.

Our fans had issues with Toot but having TooToo and Crouch would have been great.

Few other guys we just could have used for depth purposes.

Reactions: volnut1
So, yesterday saw the TT- Iowa State game delayed because of fans throwing things on the field, not to mention Baylor fans prematurely storming the field and having to be cleared in their upset of Oklahoma. I've been looking for the articles denigrating these "horrible fans" and I'm not finding them. And people wonder why we claim a bias against Tennessee....

Why is it when other fanbases act out, it's no big deal, but if it's Tennessee fans, we're the worst, most despicable fans to ever walk the planet?

@briancrice - I know you claim to be the Brian Rice that cohosts with Ainge. Forgive me if I'm reluctant to fully believe, this is the internet after all. But if you are, you and Ainge should discuss this topic on your show. Two fanbases, one that arguably did the very thing our fans did, yet nowhere near the same reaction. And I'm not saying that fans throwing things on the field is right, it's not, but where is the equal call out? If Tennessee fans are going to be drug under the bus for it, why not other fanbases?

Key Lawrence didn't look good yesterday.

Even the teams that finish top-5 recruiting over 5-year periods have a hard time pairing an elite defense with an elite offense. Usually you see an elite offense with a good-great defense or an elite defense with a good-great offense. I think we can be an elite offense, so if we can build a good-great defense we could be something special.

It looks pretty obvious that our plan and when we play our best is to come out and smack the 💩 out of the opponent. Get them in a 21+ deficit, have them on the sideline looking at each other like "what the hell just happened?" We already do it against lesser opponents. We dropped both Mizzou and SCar in round 1. Our bullet(s) whizzed right by Pitt's head when we had them lined up for the treatment. We caught Georgia lacking, probably should have had them stressed early.

When Heupel has us built and tuned to his liking, we will run lesser teams off the field early and coast. Hopefully we build a complementary defense that holds off better teams or keeps us in it long enough to strike.
Maybe if Hooker had been the starter against Pitt instead of Milton we could have won that game.

Yet Eric Gray has done almost nothing at OU....

Chandler and Gray would have been a great combo in this offense. I'm proud of the RBs we have that have stepped up, but even just having Chandler would have done wonders.

Our fans had issues with Toot but having TooToo and Crouch would have been great.

The fans' issue with Toot is called "he left". Not only did he leave, he went to Bama. If he had stayed, there would be no issue.

The fans' issue with Toot is called "he left". Not only did he leave, he went to Bama. If he had stayed, there would be no issue.
Before he left. There was/is a large contingent that would point out his inabilities at pass defense, particularly vs the slant.

Maybe coaching was the problem with Toot.I wish Crouch had been brought here as a tailback.

Reactions: whitw and volnut1
Yes. Was 2 or more field goals we could have gotten? 6 or more points to add to 17? Actually heard someone change the “only 13 points a game have been scored on GA” to “still it’s only 17 points the Bulldogs have allowed”.... They can’t let it go and don’t care to realize TN could have scored more if they weren’t going for TDs.

If we'd been full at the skills positions we'd have gotten at least one of those. It's hard to score even with our offense when RB1 is out, RB2 is limited and RB3 is a true frosh who really shouldn't be playing against anyone's 1s despite his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back