Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, yesterday saw the TT- Iowa State game delayed because of fans throwing things on the field, not to mention Baylor fans prematurely storming the field and having to be cleared in their upset of Oklahoma. I've been looking for the articles denigrating these "horrible fans" and I'm not finding them. And people wonder why we claim a bias against Tennessee....

Why is it when other fanbases act out, it's no big deal, but if it's Tennessee fans, we're the worst, most despicable fans to ever walk the planet?

@briancrice - I know you claim to be the Brian Rice that cohosts with Ainge. Forgive me if I'm reluctant to fully believe, this is the internet after all. But if you are, you and Ainge should discuss this topic on your show. Two fanbases, one that arguably did the very thing our fans did, yet nowhere near the same reaction. And I'm not saying that fans throwing things on the field is right, it's not, but where is the equal call out? If Tennessee fans are going to be drug under the bus for it, why not other fanbases?
Maybe because their school officials did not come out and apologize and state how embarrassed they were with the students.

He had some drops early on this season and it seems like all the wind just left his sails. He was the cover guy for all of our magazines and regional mags. Oof.
If that ball is contested he isn’t making the catch. I don’t think he has caught a single contested pass.

He had some drops early on this season and it seems like all the wind just left his sails. He was the cover guy for all of our magazines and regional mags. Oof.

He got blasted in the end zone against Pitt. Looked like a probable concussion. Hasn’t been the same since. Could be the sophomore slump, but he’s definitely had a down year.

He got blasted in the end zone against Pitt. Looked like a probable concussion. Hasn’t been the same since. Could be the sophomore slump, but he’s definitely had a down year.
Meh there was nothing hard about that endzone landing other than he doesn’t know that when you are free falling you have to tuck your chin or else your head will snap back and give you a concussion. Some people naturally just have the instincts to do it. He did not and it caused a concussion.

Another example of why I think this is the perfect season to have a new coach in his first recruiting cycle…. I have always thought that the kids are scouted real well this season due to covid…we have a kid at the school that my kids go to…. He was a basketball player mainly earlier in his high school and is an absolute stud….. he is between 5’10-6’p and probably 190 pounds…he has ran for close to 2000 yards or more….. he is easily the best player on the field every week…. We have a division 1 4* recruit that was heavily recruited by Florida but is going to wake forest….I can’t judge if he is Tennessee but definitely a division 1 kid….. he doesn’t have a 247 or rivals profile at all yet….. I really feel that kids are missed or rated wrong during this recruiting cycle.

Meh there was nothing hard about that endzone landing other than he doesn’t know that when you are free falling you have to tuck your chin or else your head will snap back and give you a concussion. Some people naturally just have the instincts to do it. He did not and it caused a concussion.

You are correct. Ground blasted him, not Pitt player.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Hey guys.

Rarely post in the cruitin forum but read a lot. If 1 of you gents have a few...or as many as are willing:

What are we looking like for 22? Currently 32nd but surely it will get better....where yall see us finishing@?

Any big shots we will likely land at RB...WR? Need Oline worst IMO

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Hey guys.

Rarely post in the cruitin forum but read a lot. If 1 of you gents have a few...or as many as are willing:

What are we looking like for 22? Currently 32nd but surely it will get better....where yall see us finishing@?

I am in no way a recruiting expert.... but I feel like we will do better than 32nd. This staff is much more like a bucket than a sieve when it comes to recruiting info. Nothi g leaking out. We will all find out come NSD. Until then let's all just take a deep breath and step away from the cliff edge.

Hey guys.

I believe Callahan wrote an article this past week stating that he could see us ending up in the top 20 based on things he has been hearing lately. Also states that he wouldn’t have said that 2 months ago…
No one on this board will know anything though.

Yep….. be a winner and that incident is never even mentioned.

SEATTLE – University of Washington Director of Athletics Jen Cohen announced today that Head Football Coach Jimmy Lake has been relieved of his duties, effective immediately. The University will honor the terms of his contract. Assistant Coach Bob Gregory will serve as the Interim Head Coach for the remainder of the season.

So, yesterday saw the TT- Iowa State game delayed because of fans throwing things on the field, not to mention Baylor fans prematurely storming the field and having to be cleared in their upset of Oklahoma. I've been looking for the articles denigrating these "horrible fans" and I'm not finding them. And people wonder why we claim a bias against Tennessee....

Why is it when other fanbases act out, it's no big deal, but if it's Tennessee fans, we're the worst, most despicable fans to ever walk the planet?

@briancrice - I know you claim to be the Brian Rice that cohosts with Ainge. Forgive me if I'm reluctant to fully believe, this is the internet after all. But if you are, you and Ainge should discuss this topic on your show. Two fanbases, one that arguably did the very thing our fans did, yet nowhere near the same reaction. And I'm not saying that fans throwing things on the field is right, it's not, but where is the equal call out? If Tennessee fans are going to be drug under the bus for it, why not other fanbases?
UT Fanbase = clicks = money...plain and simple. Pete Thamel, Dan Wolken, and the like, aren't writing Tennessee Sucks and their Fans Are Trash for any other fanbase. We pay the bills, and then some; the Thamel's and Wolken's of the world laugh at us as they cash their checks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back