Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

Rarely post in the cruitin forum but read a lot. If 1 of you gents have a few...or as many as are willing:

What are we looking like for 22? Currently 32nd but surely it will get better....where yall see us finishing@?

Any big shots we will likely land at RB...WR? Need Oline worst IMO
Our success should not be measured in the Early Signing Day. If we do finish top 25 I think we are ahead of schedule in terms of building the roster. However, we have seen other programs build competitive rosters well after the traditional recruiting season via the transfer portal. Dec-May could see us bolstering our roster and continuing to improve this class well after class rankings have been lauded or questioned.

This is a conversation and situation we will all have to continue watching well into and past spring.

Guess I'm glad I missed the game yesterday and this thread...a mere peak at it looks brutal.

We were only outgained by 100 yards to #1 (far and away) in the country. If you follow Total Yards margins, that's not bad at all. They've outgained most other opponents 250-500 yards.

We gained and scored more on them than anyone has all season. Really, it was 2 HH TOs and some really abnormal missed throws that killed us...and that sucks...but he'll bounce back from that with ease. Poor redzone execution cost us points, despite moving the ball well on some drives, and a missed UGA holding call on their first drive could have flipped the game too...

All in all a solid showing I thought. Defense has a long ways to go, but we knew that from Day 1. I would say "we just need some LB dudes" but by next year we'll have lost DL and DBs too. We really need recruiting at this point and that won't come (for HS and the long-term) till 2023 at earliest.

Despite the Y1 success, this is still a long-term rebuild imo. Unlike EVERY other Y1 HC, CJH doesn't get the wonderful benefit of a Y1 HC recruiting bump because of all the mess Pruitt left behind. That really sucks. Having a 2014-style Freshman class coming in and having an immediate impact would be spectacular next year. But it ain't happening. CJH still needs 5 years. That's all Pruitt's fault, if you want to spend time allocating blame. And if it comes any sooner, great. But that's what he needs.

Seahawks guard just got called for holding. He literally got beat so bad he never touched the guy with his hands. How can you get holding without using your hands lol.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

I'll just leave this here

This is why folks needed to take a deeper dive into MSU’s record with Mullen. He feasted on bad teams. Early in his time there, the SEC didn’t have the policy that required a P5 OOC game every year. He went to a bowl one year with a 5-7 team, and UK is their permanent East game.

Just feels like the beginning every coaches tenure since Lane.

“Wait till we get some players in here”

“We just don’t have the depth”

Heupel seems like the most genuine and likable coach yet but damn, this sh*t is exhausting. I’m in my early 20’s and have yet to ever really see us field a nationally competitive program.

Wow so soft just going to ignore stupid because stupid is what it is

So Huep took over one of the worst rosters in the entire SEC, yet is gonna go 7-5, beat UK, gave Pitt and Ole Miss hell in YEAR 1 and yet he won’t improve the team until after year 5? Lol ok
One of the worst rosters in the SEC?!?

Bass and many others pointed out preseason we still had plenty of talent. I get this isn't a team of DUDES, but they're far from duds. By raw talent (composite team talent) we're 19th in the country.

One of the worst in the SEC LOL. Put some respect on these dudes' names.

(But yes much credit to Hype for getting a lot out of them...of course...but these players are legit too).

So at the beginning of Twister when Jo and her parents ran to the storm-shelter... why did the dad hang on to the door like a gump and get sucked out of the shelter?

I think Coach has done a great job in pretty much every aspect...he inherited the worst team in UT history (4-8, 3-7) which proceeded to defect the highest rated kids including both starting tackles, both ILB which are 1st team all conference in big10 and SEC ....lost RB1 and RB2...you name it.

Make no mistake: our roster was chicken sheit. He added a QB, WR and a couple more from the portal and made the best chicken salad this side of the Grand Canyon.

We just need some Jimmies and Joes. Hopefully we can squeak in a top20 class...and improve the roster. 3 years minimum to have a roster as talented as UGA or Bama...just at the skill positions. It wpuld take 3 classes in the top 5 to have their talent across the board. Thats not likely to happen. Coach has shown he can overcome part of that gap with scheme though...

Any info yall share about incoming players is greatly appreciated.

Go Vols.

One of the worst rosters in the SEC?!?

Bass and many others pointed out preseason we still had plenty of talent. I get this isn't a team of DUDES, but they're far from duds. By raw talent (composite team talent) we're 19th in the country.

One of the worst in the SEC LOL. Put some respect on these dudes' names.

(But yes much credit to Hype for getting a lot out of them...of course...but these players are legit too).
Recruiting rankings don’t mean much when they aren’t developed and coached up. We had 20 something guys transfer out and most were starters or big time contributors. He’s essentially playing with Pruitts backups from last years team mixed in with a few transfers. This team had no depth and barely any big time experience when Huep got here. I mean We literally had to start a Walk-On at RT when Cade went down

Recruiting rankings don’t mean much when they aren’t developed and coached up. We had 20 something guys transfer out and most were starters or big time contributors. He’s essentially playing with Pruitts backups from last years team mixed in with a few transfers. This team had no depth and barely any big time experience when Huep got here. I mean We literally had to start a Walk-On at RT when Cade went down
Also, not mentioned often is the recruits that signed in the last class that opted to get out of their letter of intent and go elsewhere

Just feels like the beginning every coaches tenure since Lane.

“Wait till we get some players in here”

“We just don’t have the depth”

Heupel seems like the most genuine and likable coach yet but damn, this sh*t is exhausting. I’m in my early 20’s and have yet to ever really see us field a nationally competitive program.
It’s been true for every coach we have hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back