Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why folks needed to take a deeper dive into MSU’s record with Mullen. He feasted on bad teams. Early in his time there, the SEC didn’t have the policy that required a P5 OOC game every year. He went to a bowl one year with a 5-7 team, and UK is their permanent East game.

I remember a bunch of their fans were ready to fire him after 2011 because he was 0-3 vs Auburn, 0-3 vs LSU, and 0-3 vs Arkansas, and the only thing propping them up was a doormat Ole Miss at the time (who he was importantly 3-0 against).

Last edited:
I disagree…. Our staff needs to put recruiting first and be relentless at it…. If not then you end up like florida
These top 100 kids suck. I have become conviced that nothing is going to break the logjam of them all going to four or five schools...so we are left with indentification, evaluation and development as the way out of this hole.

As long as UGA and Bama keep stacking up high 4 and 5*s...this is the only way we will compete with them until the recruiting paradigm changes. We have to try to get as many as we can, but that is not where our program salvation lies.

We just going to keep on firing coaches for not being able to do what nobody has been able to?

Florida hired a weirdo meh goober and now they are paying for it. I trust that a few smart and talented kids will recognize our staffs competence and normalcy and want to get on board.

Last edited:
I know that...we got rid of a lot of useless unmotivated mercenary baggage I.E. we "nuked the roster"...so what in the heck are you even arguing with me about? That is what I'm saying Texas should do.
We have different definitions of “nuked”. I ARGUE when I disagree…a method I invented. You’re on your grouchy cycle, Oscar. See you on the backend when your sugar normalizes. 😉

The last time all had losing records year 1. This one almost certainly wont and hasn’t ever. So that’s a pretty big difference imo
I definitely like Heupel much more than any coach we have hired…. I was just saying that we have lacked talent and depth during each transition…. Hopefully, we are stabilizing for once.

I disagree…. Our staff needs to put recruiting first and be relentless at it…. If not then you end up like florida

Florida is happening bc they have no culture. They had a player talking sh*t basically about defensive play calls after one of their games saying they “ran the plays that were called” lol

Also this from Elam “For us to go as far as we can, that wasn’t acceptable, and it’s just something we have to improve on, and it starts in practice.”

He’s basically saying they’re slacking and not working hard. The exact opposite of what everyone around this program is saying.

I definitely like Heupel much more than any coach we have hired…. I was just saying that we have lacked talent and depth during each transition…. Hopefully, we are stabilizing for once.
I can only remember back to Majors and he is my favorite coach we have had. I hope he has success here and stays a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back