Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
These top 100 kids suck. I have become conviced that nothing is going to break the logjam of them all going to four or five schools...so we are left with indentification, evaluation and development as the way out of this hole.

As long as UGA and Bama keep stacking up high 4 and 5*s...this is the only way we will compete with them until the recruiting paradigm changes. We have to try to get as many as we can, but that is not where our program salvation lies.

We just going to keep on firing coaches for not being able to do what nobody has been able to?

Florida hired a weirdo meh goober and now they are paying for it. I trust that a few smart and talented kids will recognize our staffs competence and normalcy and want to get on board.

I think for right now like you said get as many good players we can then coach up the 3 stars like he did this year and slowly keep rebuilding and adding good players as we keep showing the world we back.

The quality of forums looks something this

Politics - easily the worst. Just terrible. Awful.

Football - absolutely awful with rare, fleeting specs of sanity. Those people above room temp IQ are just lost until they find their way here or they quit the forum before finding this thread.

This thread - totally acceptable

Basketball - low post counts, but highest overall ratio of quality posts and posters

No mod will disagree

@SergeantVol what say you?

Is it just me that thinks this place has gone to tee total ****? I hang out in the RF because it's was a great group of vol fans that had a good time. Now it seems to have turned into FF light. Everyone bickering back and forth, arguing about trivial things. God forbid two people having a different opinion.

I agree it is different. To much bickering and we are having a good year and have so much to be happy about.

Is it just me that thinks this place has gone to tee total ****? I hang out in the RF because it's was a great group of vol fans that had a good time. Now it seems to have turned into FF light. Everyone bickering back and forth, arguing about trivial things. God forbid two people having a different opinion.
👀 for something in your post to vehemently argue about but couldn’t find anything so I’ll carry on…

Hooker passed for more yards against Georgia than any other qb.

Tennessee had more passing yardage total than any other team.

Tennessee had more total yardage than any other team.

Tennessee scored more points than any other team (and left points on the field trying to be aggressive on 4th inside the red zone)

Two of the three phases are good enough to compete. Defense needs to be shored up, and then we'll be a force.
The cowboy in me loves the do or die attitude of going for TDs instead of FGs...but...the logical analytical side of me wishes that Heupel had scored those extra six points...like it or not, perception in this new f'd up world is reality, and 41-23 against that defensesounds a lot better than 41-17 to everyone not really paying attention.

The truth is we forsook those easy points against a great defense for a chance to make it a real game to the end, and I applaud that, but the perception amongst Georgia fans and casual observers is that they "held" us to only 17 points...and we need all the perception help that we can get for recruiting.

This is not a criticism, just a musing on the state of things and my ambigous opposing thoughts.

The cowboy in me loves the do or die attitude of going for TDs instead of FGs...but...the logical analytical side of me wishes that Heupel had scored those extra six points...like it or not, perception in this new f'd up world is reality, and 41-23 against that defensesounds a lot better than 41-17 to everyone not really paying attention.

The truth is we forsook those easy points against a great defense for a chance to make it a real game to the end, and I applaud that, but the perception amongst Georgia fans and casual observers is that they "held" us to only 17 points...and we need all the perception help that we can get for recruiting.

This is not a criticism, just a musing on the state of things and my ambigous opposing thoughts.
I get it, I just don't think it'd make that much of a difference either way. I just don't see people think 41-23 is *that* much more impressive than 41-17. Perception matters, to be sure, but the perception that we were playing to win against the #1 team in the country is part of that too.

If we finish 8-5… that should lock in a top 20 or so class. Then hit transfers hard and come out next season 8-4, 9-3 or so again then really get the ball rolling on the 23’ class
I’m just glad we aren’t a laughing stock not making bowl games anymore as sad as that sounds. But 2 bowls in the last 3 seasons is something to build on

Heupel’s first year is impressive. Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt were not and I was bought in with those guys, and I should’ve seen the writing on the wall. Heupel inherited a tough situation and he has us on the way to 7-5 and a decent bowl bid. In the preseason, I thought we were a 5-7 team. Heupel has done a tremendous job.
My biggest desire for what I wanted to see from this new staff was to see our team fight to the end...to restore what being a Tennessee Volunteer always meant to me. Everybody knows my total disgust for the cancerous lazy quitter attitude that had rotted our program to the core, so I'm not going to rehash that.

I want to thank Josh Heupel and staff for restoring pride and true Volunteer spirit back into this team. I can't wait to see where we go from here.

Every bit of this. I live in Georgia and they are the most insufferable, arrogant, haughty bunch of mf’ers you will ever encounter. I know this universe doesn’t owe me a damn thing other than the air I breathe, but ffs I need them to choke away this national championship that, based on their talent and performance to date, is theirs to lose.

For the folks in here with any sort of complaint about this season, get a life and go pull for someone else. Our program is currently the equivalent of a blue collar worker, working two jobs trying to make ends meet. And those of you complaining are like the guy’s 16 year old daughter b!tching because he can’t buy her a brand new car to drive. Disgusting, shameful assho!es.
Lol...git em Chuckie!

I think it’s more boredom….. no recruiting nugs at all lol

The NFL is full of 2 and 3 star guys from tiny schools. If Huep and his staff have time, and get the guys they like, we can build a powerhouse. It's just going to take time. We need to get some guys and have them spend 3 to 4 years getting coached up. We end up with 20-22 year old guys that have been in the system, playing 18 to 20 year old kids trying to get to the league. We can be the BYU of the SEC lol.

I think that is just the style we have been looking for. Tired of conservative play when we’re so outmatched. If closer he gets field goals, we always just had a punchers chance this year against GA and Bama.

Alright anyone saying playoffs year 4 is smoking crack.

We are way, way, way far off from playoff talk. JH is exactly what we needed tho. Exciting brand of football, stability, improving reputation, schematically different. Urban Meyer wasn’t walking through that door.
**** Urban Meyer. Heupel could end up being his own legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back