Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach Heup prioritizing 7 over 3 against that Georgia team shows me heā€™s smart and willing to think outside the box. Old school football would be to take the easy points against a historically stingy D. Coach Heupel went for the throat in a dog fight where he knew he was overmatched.
I loved the decision! He couldā€™ve probably made it look better and had even more people excited because of the points they put up on Georgia, but he was more concerned with actually, you know, trying to win!!

The cowboy in me loves the do or die attitude of going for TDs instead of FGs...but...the logical analytical side of me wishes that Heupel had scored those extra six points...like it or not, perception in this new f'd up world is reality, and 41-23 against that defensesounds a lot better than 41-17 to everyone not really paying attention.

The truth is we forsook those easy points against a great defense for a chance to make it a real game to the end, and I applaud that, but the perception amongst Georgia fans and casual observers is that they "held" us to only 17 points...and we need all the perception help that we can get for recruiting.

This is not a criticism, just a musing on the state of things and my ambigous opposing thoughts.
I see your point, but screw moral victories and perception. You play to win the game not look good for the media. Thatā€™s stuff Butch would do

Not to mention hindsight is 20/20 had we kicked the FG we would be looking back going ā€œdamn if we had gone for it and score TDā€™s itā€™s 31 instead of 23ā€ Huep would be trashed by the media

Is it just me that thinks this place has gone to tee total ****? I hang out in the RF because it's was a great group of vol fans that had a good time. Now it seems to have turned into FF light. Everyone bickering back and forth, arguing about trivial things. God forbid two people having a different opinion.
I respectfully disagree.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
OK, yes, he did miss a couple. That does not make it a "bad" game. Not up to his standards, but compared to all other QB who have played against Georgia, better than most.
I can agree with that.Maybe it was the hand to his helmet that wasnā€™t called but it seemed his mechanics were off a little bit,maybe something in his release on a few throws.Iā€™m glad we have him.I donā€™t understand what Virginia Tech was thinking.He reminds me somewhat of Tony Robinson back in the day.

I can agree with that.Maybe it was the hand to his helmet that wasnā€™t called but it seemed his mechanics were off a little bit,maybe something in his release on a few throws.Iā€™m glad we have him.I donā€™t understand what Virginia Tech was thinking.He reminds me somewhat of Tony Robinson back in the day.

Speaking of Tony Robinson I have seen him lately.He is still All Vol.He loves UT and so do I but he played for them and for those of us old enough we know what he brought to the team.

I loved the decision! He couldā€™ve probably made it look better and had even more people excited because of the points they put up on Georgia, but he was more concerned with actually, you know, trying to win!!

It develops the mindset within the team that everyone is focused on playing to win. Am sure the players understood and appreciated the approach after last season's debacles.

One of the worst rosters in the SEC?!?

Bass and many others pointed out preseason we still had plenty of talent. I get this isn't a team of DUDES, but they're far from duds. By raw talent (composite team talent) we're 19th in the country.

One of the worst in the SEC LOL. Put some respect on these dudes' names.

(But yes much credit to Hype for getting a lot out of them...of course...but these players are legit too).
That 19 ranking is garbage and doesn't take into account the higher rated guys we have that aren't contributing much or are injured. We have a few holdover guys and other teams refuse and Heupel has wrung every last drop out of them he could get.

Is it just me that thinks this place has gone to tee total ****? I hang out in the RF because it's was a great group of vol fans that had a good time. Now it seems to have turned into FF light. Everyone bickering back and forth, arguing about trivial things. God forbid two people having a different opinion.
Just do yourself a favor and ignore the ones that cross your line. I disagree with you and others a lot of times, but I respect your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back