Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Sunday/Monday are the worst days, and it's fairly normal the rest of the week. I have noticed it get better from where it was earlier in the season. Our emotions largely sway on @Bassmaster_Vol's. Me...I just stay off the forums in large part until Tuesday.
Think that’s what I am going to do. It’s been ridiculous when we win.

Those kids can still remember those teams being good. Besides UNC. that’s a head scratcher. But even with our improvement, no one is paying attention to it. Kids who aren’t Tennessee fans just see a team that’s always been bad having a typical mediocre 5-5 record. On top of that, other schools are in their ear saying we’re about to get nailed by the NCAA. It’s not hard to understand why they’re not coming here. It is hard to understand why they’re going to some of the places they are, though.
Sooo...It's because they are too dumb to pay attention to the details on one of the biggest decisions of their life.

Sooo...It's because they are too dumb to pay attention to the details on one of the biggest decisions of their life.
You were 14-18 once. So was I. I know back then, I wouldn’t pay attention to a school that sucked if I was being courted by bigger brands. (If I weren’t already doomed to this life as a Tennessee fan)

Reactions: mrMet and VolByLaw
I don't get it either...you would think that if they weren't going to go to one of the big dawgs that they would pick a school or coach that is obviously competent and on the rise..those guys are jumping headfirst into growing dumpster fires.
It’s like they make up their minds in January now, and the next season doesn’t matter as much. Seemed like in the 90s November games really helped to sway players. Maybe we just didn’t have as much information.

Please just give Heupel props without throwing kiffin in there.

Really hard to like a post that compares our current coach with that joke of a man. kiffin is all social media flash and no substance. He epitomizes the current failings of this country. Jmo.
It was a post based on logic with no emotion included. No matter how you feel, the 2009 season was the last time the fans had this much excitement over a new staff and saw the team whip other SEC teams not named Vanderbilt. I said nothing that promoted Kiffin. Don't let the name Kiffin be such a trigger for you.

Reactions: barrylee
Random but we had a 3 win team and lost most of the starters. Gave the remaining backups, and some transfers, no more than a hot minute of real coaching and they're headed for 7 wins.

Trading up is fun.
It reminds me of the job Franklin did at Vandy, getting all those 2-stars competing in the SEC. . . except I actually like Heupel & our boys, and there isn't a ceiling at UT.

Underrated as hell hair metal band. Really more blues than anything. They’re what poison wished they could be, yet somehow poison got all the publicity anyways.
The Cinderella lead singer was at a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute show I saw at the Fox theater in Atlanta back in summer of 93. He and a few other random guys did a set where they came out with an acoustic guitar and sat on a circle of stools and each one performed a Skynyrd song that they loved..If I remember correctly he did Mississippi Kid...Peter Frampton was also one of the performers.

It was an awesome show..we were on the fourth row and stoned to the bone..lol.

Kirby left out some of that conversation.

Peyton: Hey Kirby...you need to make sure you recruit my son in a few years.

Kirby: Oh, really?

Peyton: Yeah, I heard it pays well to get recruited by UGA.
He said the same thing to Mullen, but Mullen told him to shut up, they could talk about it after the season.

0% chance Peyton would ever legitimately beg Kirby Smart to recruit his son to UGA… for a million reasons. Kirby either didn’t get the joke or can’t deliver one to the media.

But I still like to imagine Peyton is just playing the long game and trying to set up a reverse Quay Walker.

And much more meaningful.

I love that Cinderella lead man is singing to the mountains. Music videos 🤟🏻

Wasn't huge on the glam/softer rock stuff but that dude's voice was wild. Would've loved to heard them do a broader set. Kinda how GnR was all over the place. Guys voice would've killed.

Bet they had a lot of good stuff but that was when the record labels were dictating what most groups could release.

The Cinderella lead singer was at a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute show I saw at the Fox theater in Atlanta back in summer of 93. He and a few other random guys did a set where they came out with an acoustic guitar and sat on a circle of stools and each one performed a Skynyrd song that they loved..If I remember correctly he did Mississippi Kid...Peter Frampton was also one of the performers.

It was an awesome show..we were on the fourth row and stoned to the bone..lol.
Tom Keifer is an honorary southerner to me. Cinderella did blues rock better than anyone trying in that era. Bret Michaels put on a cowboy hat and a confederate flag guitar for 20 years making terrible music and being a poser.. until being southern became racist and he denounced it instantly, and went back to being an LA washed up pretty boy.

I ****ing hate Poison

Wasn't huge on the glam/softer rock stuff but that dude's voice was wild. Would've loved to heard them do a broader set. Kinda how GnR was all over the place. Guys voice would've killed.

Bet they had a lot of good stuff but that was when the record labels were dictating what most groups could release.
Tesla

Random but we had a 3 win team and lost most of the starters. Gave the remaining backups, and some transfers, no more than a hot minute of real coaching and they're headed for 7 wins.

Trading up is fun.

Spot on.

I don't understand how nearly all Vol fans don't get this. Add in the NCAA sanctions and negative press that were looming over the program. This response by the players and these coaches has been nothing short of amazing. This is the real, Gen. Neyland type Vol response to adversity. Wish more Vol fans would see it.

If it’s a high ankle sprain, he is probably done for the year. If it is that, then he will need surgery if he keeps re-injuring it. Jmo

I didnt learn until a year or 2 ago that "high ankle sprain" actually means a fractured tibia/fibula or both (those 2 are shin bones).

The reason a "high ankle sprain" often takes more than a month to mend is because its "broken" bones....just not "broken in two".

Go Vols. C.O.Y. Heupel!!!

Edit: i shattered both in a wreck on my CBR600 rice rocket...no fun

I think that Sunday/Monday are the worst days, and it's fairly normal the rest of the week. I have noticed it get better from where it was earlier in the season. Our emotions largely sway on @Bassmaster_Vol's. Me...I just stay off the forums in large part until Tuesday.
Also, I'll also say my perception of the RF getting better is probably based on my ignoring a few people. I see a lot of the arguing this morning going towards no one. My advice is don't feed the trolls and have a nice week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back